Yahoo! Sports Radio?

Oddly enough, the day after I told you that the Score radio was going to be shut down, I heard in New York that Sporting News Radio was being re-branded Yahoo! Sports Radio.

It sounds like they will have roughly 180 affiliates, i assume all if not mostly all in the USA. I read however that Sirius will be picking up the network and I wonder if they will be carrying it here in Canada. I also wonder if they will offer some Canadian content if they do.

Here is the lineup for the network:

MONDAY-FRIDAY
SUNDAY
4A-8A Best of John Harris
8A-1p Terry Ford
1P-7P Sports Sunday With Bob Berger & Craig Shemon
7P-11P YSR Postgame With Peter Brown
11p-2A Last Call with Scott Jackson

I will let you know if I hear more on that.

Also, I am told that the NHL Network is moving out of Toronto. I don’t know what it means in terms of job losses etc. but apparently but for what could be a small presence here in Toronto they are moving to Whaler nation, Connecticut.

Thanks to all those who contacted me about becoming a TSM contributor.

Chris F.
Chris F.
August 3, 2011 11:53 pm

The NHL Network news was pretty much known once the NBC/Comcast thing was done.

As for YSR why the change?

Dok
Dok
August 4, 2011 8:14 am

Yahoo Sports has a much larger brand then The sporting News does,

And I think Sirius already carried The Sporting News in canada, I remember hearing it a few times flipping around when i still had sirius

August 4, 2011 9:19 am

you can read about the Yahoo! radio story here

Andrew
Andrew
August 4, 2011 9:28 am

Steve Czaben’s show is a good listen. It’s done out of DC. Travis Rodgers comes across as a poor man’s Cowherd. Which is kind of like saying he’s a good child molester.

Zeb
Zeb
August 4, 2011 11:50 am

Rodgers is Rome’s old producer, Pendergast was a legendary caller on the Jungle (the Cablinasian).

Chef Mike in Burlington
August 4, 2011 12:53 pm

I’ve listened to SNR a few times and its not bad at all, but it only really works online as no one nearby carries it. Pretty sure it not will impact the Bell/Rogers arms race we have here now, just another good online option for those who don’t want to choose..

Sea Bass
Sea Bass
August 4, 2011 3:09 pm

Chef Mike:

Your last post should have ended by actually saying, “…for those who don’t want to choose MEDIOCRITY”

edward c. stengel
edward c. stengel
December 23, 2012 2:49 am

I really like this guy, Terry Ford. He’s quick witted and he makes some great comments. I get him around midnight in Chicago on Saturday. I like what he said about Tim Tebow, “He’d be all right if he could throw the ball somewhere on the football field.”