Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

Jason Spezza, Centre for the Ottawa Senators
Tracy Austin, 2-Time US Open Tennis Champion and Analyst for the Rogers Cup in Toronto
Doc Mike Emrick, Hockey Play-By-Play man for NBC/Versus and US Hockey Hall of Famer
Shi Davidi, MLB Insider for Sportsnet
Mike Florio, Editor and Main Contributor for ProFootballTalk.com
Mark Holmes, lead singer of Platinum Blonde

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

TBD

I’ve created a Facebook fan page. Join it now, cool stuff coming down the pike.

sinnacle
August 5, 2011 10:13 am

Some would say it’s situation critical seeing Mark Holmes on the fan this morning. Was he talking about soccer or something? Mind you he must have some pretty good 80’s road stories.

Chef Mike in Burlington
August 5, 2011 11:22 am

I listened to the new Anthony guy on the FAN on the way home from work for 15 minutes last night…Oh My Gawd is he ever bad. He sounds like some bogger eating college kid on his first job, not a professional radio host.

I don’t get the whole Guido-Sopranos-Jersey-Shore affectation he puts on, hes say’s he’s a Toronto guy but tries to sound like some WiseGuy from Jersey…

Everyday I find it harder to find reasons to listen to the FAN, either their pandering hosts, their endless fawning over their shitty baseball team, the endless softball questions to GMs and managers and now, the hiring of this tool…Even Krystal, as douchey as he could be was 10X as good as this guy.

Thank God for my Mike and Mike commercial free podcasts on my iPhone and for ESPN on WGR550…

Mike V
Mike V
August 5, 2011 11:46 am

I personally can’t stand Mike and Mike. Their shtick got tiring after a week or so.

Chef Mike in Burlington
August 5, 2011 1:24 pm

Yeah, I can see that, the same thing happened with me and Blair. I tried, but his nasal tone and monotone delivery just wore me out and bored me to death.

As for Mike and Mike, even i get get a bit tired of the never-ending jock-geek thing and all the ad reads. BUT, when NFL time comes around, there is no better radio show breaking down every game than these guys. Everyone that is anyone comes on, they get the best guests, best hosts and best analysts everyday.

Chris F.
Chris F.
August 5, 2011 1:54 pm

Mike and Mike is AWESOME during the football season….Otherwise they can be a bit tiring to listen to. I do like that they usually have pretty strong opinions and allow the “experts” to make their points without interruption or anything.

Anyone listen to Brady really really early this morning when he was talking about the Argos woes and saying something to the effect that even with all the advertising the fans aren’t coming out and saying and I paraphrase “It’s like the ads during NHL playoff games about a radio show but the people just aren’t buying into it.”

Oooh…..a subtle jab at the Richards Show on TSN Radio!

BTW I forgot just how good of an interviewer Brady can be. I find he does interviews 10x better when he’s alone and not encumbered by a co-host.

BTW speaking of interviews, I don’t mind Blair at all but he and some of the other hosts on the Fan need to stop interrupting the flow of the conversation by saying “we’re talking to so and so on the Fan 590”. I know IDing the guest is a good thing but there’s no need to do it almost every time the guest finishes answering a question!

Oh and as I said in another threat Anthony Totera is surprisingly some 40+ old guy with kids yet sounds like a snot nosed kid trying out for Jersey Shore…..So sad.

August 5, 2011 5:02 pm

Leaving my own preferences about content to the side, Mike & Mike is probably the most professional radio show I have heard. Excellent interviews, well-reasoned opinions and arguments, and clear & solid delivery. My only complaint is the annoying teasing of the next segment with a bunch of cryptic remarks and references.