Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s
4 Buck Martinez
420 Bert Randolph Sugar
5-7 John Shannon, Elliotte Friedman, Paul Jones PTS roundtable

On TSN Radio 1050

Co-hosts: Dan O’Toole and Jay Onrait

Jason Spezza – 415pm
Aaron Ward – 515pm
Bob Weeks – 530pm
Steve Webb – 6pm
Herm Edwards – 630pm

Tonight on Sportsline: Mark Hebscher rejoins Bubba O’Neil and they’ll debate the demotion of Travis Snider and the future of Brett Lawrie, Sean Avery, the NFL in Los Angeles and the wealthiest women in sports. CHCH at 7.

Dustin Halvorson
Dustin Halvorson
August 5, 2011 4:42 pm

I’ll be listening to TSN today! I’m very excited to hear both O’Toole and Onrait on the radio, they may be the best sportscasters in canada right now.

While I don’t fully expect to hear AWESOME sports chat, I expect to hear amusing radio. Would these guys work out as a show?

On another note, I’m starting to find that TSN is almost trying to make Cybulski and Company much like the Dan Patrick show. Its very ‘modern’ radio talk. There is a lot more group chat, with a lot of social media interaction. Where I find Primetime to be much more traditional.

Anyone else notice that?

Tom
Tom
August 6, 2011 1:35 pm

Bob Mackowycz will be joining 1050 as a co-host on Cybulski and Company

August 6, 2011 2:31 pm

It was good to hear Friedman on the roundtable again this week…………but I wish they would stop asking Paul Jones to be there because he doesn’t really add all that much

My favourite moment in Toronto sports radio this week was when Shannon asked Jim Barker “how are you going to get the ball in Corey Dillon’s hands more often?”………….Barker said “you mean the guy that used to play running back for the Bengals?”…………..then Shannon sheepishly said “oh sorry, I meant to say Chad Owens”

Sam
Sam
August 6, 2011 2:50 pm

@Mike S – HAHA, thanks for sharing.

Normally I can barely tolerate Shannon but he was even worse this week. The only reason I listened to the roundtable was Friedman but he didn’t have much to say this week. I agree Paul Jones doesn’t add much but at least he’s a rich man’s version of Gord Kirke!

Chef Mike in Burlington
August 6, 2011 3:19 pm

I can say that for the first time in many months, maybe even years, I missed an entire week of BobCat. Oddly, there are no withdrawl symptoms…maybe it was a just a habit from 4-7 after all…

August 6, 2011 3:37 pm

Hey Sam………….if you want to hear the Corey Dillon remark just go to the 5:00 PM podcast for Wed Aug 3………..it happens in the 31st minute………….Shannon also screwed up Chad Kackert’s name (he called him “Matt”) earlier in the same interview, in the 26th minute of that podcast

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
August 6, 2011 4:14 pm

TSM…is kollins still calling any shots at fan590 or is he just handing out keys attached to foot long pieces of wood??
Shannon..I can only get by for a minute before I flip..
To see him on tv/pts I truly get the sence HE thinks people tune in to actully hear HIS opinion…
Hec his family & friends I doubt even tune in to listen…

Corey Dillion….OH MY SIDE HAHAHAHAH

Chris F.
Chris F.
August 6, 2011 6:27 pm

Corey Dillon? OYE

I like Friedman on the Roundtable he’s pretty good and I think he did add some some value though not nearly as much as he usually does. I don’t really understand why Paul Jones is doing roundtable duties now as he rarely offers anything in the way of insight.

My feelings on Shannon is that he’s a dope but when it comes to the business/TV side of sports he’s not too bad. It’s when he has to talk about the actual product is where he completely falls off the map. He tries to speak like he’s the voice of knowledge then when gets called out he turns into a sheepish little boy.

I really think they should only have him on once in a great while and only talking about issues pertaining to the NHL.

dennes7
dennes7
August 6, 2011 11:18 pm

I ended up listening to Dan O’Toole and Jay Onrait (mostly because of Shhhhhhhannon and Jonseyyyy) and I have to say…they were pretty damn good, funny, fresh…they didn’t take themselves to seriously, they reminded me of a Canadian version of the Sklar brothers.

If TSN had any sense they’d book these two a show, kill the C-balls experiment (although I am a Mackowycz fan and think he should have his own show) and end the Wheeler interjections and just let him produce the show.