Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s are your Labor Day drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

– Bob McCown’s co-host from 5 to 7
TBA

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybuski’s co-host Bob Mackowycz

4:30 – Brendan Halloran (Comedian)
4:45 – Rob Murphy (OL, Toronto Argonauts)
5:15 – Todd Harvey (former NHL forward)
Brett Lawrie on at 530pm
6:30 – Herm Edwards (ESPN/TSN 1050 NFL Analyst)
5:45 – Darren Dreger (NHL on TSN Analyst)
6:00 – Brad Marchard (Forward, Boston Bruins)
6:15 – Bill Buckner (former MLB first baseman)

PBI
PBI
September 5, 2011 6:14 pm

Has anyone heard the Rog doing commercials for some random Mercedes Benz dealership?

That was the highlight of my day.

Bora
Bora
September 5, 2011 6:32 pm

One of the worst roundtables ever: McCown, Grange, Zaun and the worst of the worst Belli

Chris F.
Chris F.
September 5, 2011 7:38 pm

The Rog doing commercials for a Mercedes Benz dealership? Jeez….That’s like Herb Tarlek (I know fictional character) selling commercial time for the Carson Show at the height of his popularity.

Bora I wouldn’t say it was the worst roundtable. I mean, it’s better than hearing pretaped stuff and for a holiday it wasn’t too bad. I enjoyed the storytelling and the general laisez faire attitude to it all. Mind you, I wouldn’t want that all the time.

BTW McCown mentioned how years ago PTS was going to air in the US and he did a pilot for SI with Nick Charles, Pete Rose, Bert Sugar and Larry King. That my friends is a roundtable i’d kill to hear!

maggie
maggie
September 5, 2011 9:25 pm

Grange on full time with Blair now … according to a tweet by Brady. Should be interesting.

Ahmed
Ahmed
September 5, 2011 9:34 pm

Andrew Krystal is now with Citytv Toronto. He was reporting on CityNews tonight.

Chris F.
Chris F.
September 5, 2011 10:11 pm

That’s interesting Maggie, I think TPTB heard how good Blair and Grange play off each other and decided it’d work well full time. If it means less phone calls i’m all for it!

WOW! See now this is the kind of thing Krystal excels at. I could see him hosting/reporting on a show similar to Global TV’s 16:9. Strong stuff from him.

Alex
Alex
September 5, 2011 10:17 pm

That’s weird, since Bob really buried Grange by calling him fourth on the co-host depth chart.

I don’t mind Grange (who still seems tentative), but I would take No Brunt if it meant No Cox.

September 5, 2011 10:40 pm

I like the idea of the Blair/Grange pairing. Neither of them are the smoothest on air, but I enjoy their takes on issues. Should be interesting.

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
September 6, 2011 7:55 am

Blair desperately needed a co host months ago. Turned him off months ago.
Will tune in again hoping that Grange is not intimidated on air like he is by Bob M.
Will not be listening to PTS AT ALL this week!!
If the fan cannot provide adequate talent to replace him while he he off then, I can’t be bothered listening during ratings period !!!

Miracleviolence
September 6, 2011 12:03 pm

I thought that was a pretty rockin’ roundtable. Zaun is a talented storyteller and Belli is entertaining if nothing else. A very breezy rountable which was ideal for the long wknd

Ami Angelwings
September 7, 2011 2:27 am

Blair needed a co-host for a while and I’m glad he got one :3

That was a terrible roundtable btw -_-;; Esp since I wanted to hear Bob discuss Lawrie, and issues in the NHL involving depression and fighting, etc…

Instead it was just 2 hours of Belli and Zaun telling stories -_-