Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s your drive home lineups

On the FAN 590 tonight

530 – Ricky Romero
550 – Dave Feschuk
600 – Darren Dreger
615 – Keyshawn Johnson
630 – Scott Ferguson

Tonight on Sportsline:

Who will win the AL and NL wildcard or will there be a 1 game playoff in both leagues, should trash talking stay on the ice and not in the press, can Ozzie Guillen turn the Marlins around and who will lead the Maple Leafs offense? Join Clint ‘Bubba’ O’Neil & Jason Portuondo, tonight at 7 on CHCH

PBI
PBI
September 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Did anyone pick up Sportsnet magazine today?

If you did, thoughts?

(Another) Andrew
(Another) Andrew
September 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Putting out a brand new magazine seems like a strange thing to do in 2011. But I’m sure they know what they’re doing:-)

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
September 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Ok so Jays season is now over and the early line of under/over is January 12/2012…
Robbers to announce Alan Ashby to join Buck on Tv
Greg Zaun to join Jerry on radio
Pat Tabler to join the unemployment line.
Place your wagers

Chris
Chris
September 28, 2011 8:15 pm

The magazine doesn’t come out until tomorrow. I signed up for the four free issues, so hopefully it’s in my mailbox tomorrow. If it’s good, I’ll pay for a subscription and read it – if it’s the drizzling shits, I’ll cancel after the free sub is over.

I don’t understand the negativity here of sportsnet putting out a magazine, without ever having seen it, or read it, to be honest.

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
September 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Caught the PTS inteview with Brian Burke. I thought Bobcat did a pretty good job asking some questions. Brunt seemed rather subdued through the interview. Wouldn’t have minded the segment a little longer.

Chris F.
Chris F.
September 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Sam in Scarb The Ashby/Zaun thing was pretty much telegraphed the day Zaun signed his deal to work for Rogers. I would be SHOCKED if it doesn’t happen.

I like Tabler but his schtick has grown old and personally I think the only guy he worked really well with was Rod Black of all people. The Buck/Ashby combination every time i’ve heard them has been FANTASTIC.

headsup
headsup
September 28, 2011 10:11 pm

An interesting wager, Sam. Wilner did take time to congradulate Ashby on his completing 5 years of doing Jays’ radio. It could be a subtle way of him saying “good working with you on radio.” Maybe Tabler goes to work with Campbell on Jays connected. He did well in the “Diamond Surfing” on TSN during the mid-90’s.

Dave in Bolton
Dave in Bolton
September 29, 2011 12:57 am

maybe Rogers should put their time and energy into fixing that second rate network instead of trying to rip people off with a useless magazine lol o yea its Rogers were talking about.
im truly disappointed in Keith Pelly that he would go work for a company like Rogers i used to have respect for the man

September 29, 2011 1:21 am

How are they trying to rip people off by creating a magazine? Forcing everyone to buy it?

I get it that there’s nothing warm and fuzzy about a giant corporation like Rogers, but give me a break.

Dave in Bolton
Dave in Bolton
September 29, 2011 1:31 am

sorry count me out not gonna even give it a try

September 29, 2011 8:05 am

has there been anything more pathetic over the last week than the NHL PR campaign in favour of Colie “world’s greatest hockey dad” Campbell?

I listened to Daly’s interviews and he goes out of his way to talk about how Colie couldn’t have done what Shanahan is doing, and how “we’ll see” if people still love Shanahan once he has to make some hard calls …

even when they do something right, the NHL can’t help but screw things up.

Don Mandrie
Don Mandrie
September 29, 2011 11:05 am

Plain and simple Colin Campbell was an embarrassment to the NHL, the business and it’s fans. One again we see the danger of supposedly objective media types who cozy up to somebody in power. Shameful.

William
William
September 29, 2011 11:15 am

No way Gregg Zaun moves to radio. He’s a rock star and is quickly becoming one of the best analysts out there. I can’t see them taking him off TV full time.

Steve
Steve
September 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Agree with Don Mandrie. It’s not only the NHL head office that’s been defending the indefensible Colin Campbell all week, it’s sports media guys too. Heard the Bobcat and Damospin espousing their eternal love for “Colie” a few days ago on PTS. It appears they don’t understand how that sort of thing erodes their credibility. At least it’s out in the open (with respect to Colie anyway).

I’ve always been perplexed by the “Colie” love from the sports media. He always seemed like a pretty dim bulb in interviews to me. He must come off much better in an off the record phone call. Colie may have been a brutal chief disciplinarian but he obviously knows a thing or two about playing the media.

September 29, 2011 2:00 pm

I agree with William. I could see Ashby being moved to TV with Buck (Ashby is amazing). But similarly, Zaun has been great as an TV analyst. I think they may want to keep him there, as that’s probably a bit more high profile than radio colour guy.