Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

7:30 Pierre McGuire

7:45 Aaron Ward

8:00 Darren Dreger & James Mirtle

8:15 Wendel Clark

8:30 Chris Mortensen

October 5, 2011 2:27 pm

Dowbiggin wrote today that they’re going to move all Fan shows onto TV (including Tim/Sid).

Makes sense at this point, I suppose. Not exactly dynamic programming, but probably better than whatever else Sportsnet One would show all day (poker?).

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
October 5, 2011 4:09 pm

#1 How creditable is dowbiggin?
#2 Remember August 2010 when Robbers moved Blue Jays games to Sportsnot 1 ??
To try to get people to pay extra??
Now maybe..sportsnot may fill their whole day with 2 automated cameras in studio??
EXACTLY how STUPID does Robbers think the public are???

Chef Mike in Burlington
October 5, 2011 5:07 pm

Regardless of the Dowbiggin thing, where/who would watch this? It might be interesting to have on in sports bars, garages and stuff like that, but seriously, who else would watch?…..that being said, it is super cheap cheap content they can re broadcast at 2 in the morning to fill the schedule i guess.

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever watched SportsNet for more than 15 minutes in the last 5 years, and I am a sports junkie, and a radio show cloned to TV is hardly going to move the metre for me…

October 5, 2011 5:48 pm

Well – I imagine the only real viewers Sportsnet One gets are for actual game broadcasts during the evenings. Same with TSN 2. Even though there’s not much content, I imagine both channels do very well for digital cable stations (even with nothing on of substance during the day).

I imagine the radio simulcast choice for both networks (Dowbiggin also wrote that Cybulski and Richards will simulcast) is this: they can air stuff like poker/bmx races during the day and get a small audience – or they can air their radio shows during the day and get a small audience. It’s not preempting anything of value, so they may as well I suppose.

Capn2patch
Capn2patch
October 5, 2011 8:01 pm

Watching sports commentary, especially late nights, does interest me. Hope this goes through.

October 6, 2011 12:08 am

Yeah..I actually don’t mind watching PTS at all.

Another Steve
Another Steve
October 6, 2011 12:16 am

The lead photo for this blog entry, meant to refer to the “new” iphone, instead turns out to be rather sad….