Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

David Alter, Maple Leaf Beat Reporter
Russ Courtnall In-Studio, Former Leaf/Hab and participant in Battle of the Blades Season 3
Nick Kypreos , Hockeycentral Analyst and former Leaf
Jimmy Howard, Goaltender for the Detroit Red Wings
George Stroumboulopolous, Host of George Stroumboulopolous Tonight on CBC (Calling from Winnipeg)

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

5:45: Russell Peters

6:30 Chris Mortensen

6:45 Pierre McGuire

7:00 Dave Naylor

7:15 Jonas Siegel

7:30 Brian Burke

7:45 Dan Shulman

8:00 Darren Dreger & Jamie McLennan

8:30 Jeremy Roenick

Chef Mike in Burlington
October 6, 2011 9:53 am

…thank you Steve Jobs

In your own unique way, you made the world we live in a better place. You made technology better, easier and more accessable to the mainstream, you are our present-day Bell or Edison…R.I.P.

Rob
Rob
October 6, 2011 10:46 am

The Richards/Burke interview did not start out well. When Richards finally finished asking his first question, Burke’s reply was priceless. “that was the most bizarre, convoluted question” haha Richards seemed very nervous.

Al from Burlington
Al from Burlington
October 6, 2011 11:01 am

If there is not a heaven, Steve Jobs will invent one.

October 6, 2011 11:24 am

Brilliant man, no doubt. Yes, he changed our world – our material world that is. If you worship at the feet of materialism and the newest, best product, then this man is your God.

However, for normal, healthy human beings he just another marketer and his death is not a reason for public displays of sorrow. Save that for true heroes who imitate Christ – Mother Theresa and the like.

Don Mandrie
Don Mandrie
October 6, 2011 11:39 am

Oh GOD Roger, give it a rest.

Some us see God everywhere. Like right now, for example, on my keyboard.

October 6, 2011 12:07 pm

Good for you, Don.

Paul (from Hespeler)
Paul (from Hespeler)
October 6, 2011 1:56 pm

Roger…
Time for you to move off the grid and take your bizarre views with you. The world is a better place because of Steve Jobs, and would be a better place without your strange views.

October 6, 2011 2:22 pm

Sorry Paul, I’m not going anywhere. Next?

Chef Mike in Burlington
October 6, 2011 2:23 pm

Roger, I thank you… While I don’t share your depth of faith, i respect that you have one and that it gives you comfort in difficult times. Today is a Election Day in Ontario and a day to celebrate opinions.

That being said, you judge Jobs too harshly. Sure he a capitalist, but he(and through many foundations) gave $10’s of $BILLION$ over the years to help inner-city schools, fund universities, hospitals and free medical clinics across the U.S. His groups have also set up anti-poverty programs, medical clinics and skills training programs and all over India & sub-Saharan Africa.

Tens of millions of people around the world have better lives directly or indirectly because of the his efforts, doing much more than Mother Teresa ever did. He wasn’t a saint, but he and his products have helped make the world a better place…

Paul in Hespeler
Paul in Hespeler
October 6, 2011 2:25 pm

@ Chef Mike: Well said.
@ Roger: Grow up!

October 6, 2011 2:35 pm

Chef Mike,

I happen to like Jobs and the products he designed. If you read my comment again, you’ll see that I’m commenting more on the people who worshiped him and now greave as they’ve lost a loved one. As I stated he was brilliant but he’s not God – actually no one is, except God.

EugenesAxe
EugenesAxe
October 6, 2011 4:48 pm

Easy there Roger. Everyone has their right to an opinion. Even us heathens.

In many cases, people believe Steve Jobs accomplished many great things and contributed to society in many positive ways. I believe people can state their feelings without perception of idolization.

I also do not believe in “God”. Never seen the man or woman. Don’t believe something looks down on all of us and judges us. If there was a “God”, I do believe this “God” would be a loving god, an inclusive god, a forgiving god, a non judgmental god.

As far as I am concerned, organized religion, in whatever shape or form is big business and strangely or sadly the cause of most major wars and conflict.

Another Steve
Another Steve
October 6, 2011 4:55 pm

To change the topic, is there any subscriber to the Sportsnet magazine who still hasn’t received his/her first issue yet? It’s been a week and I am starting to become a bit cheesed at the matter, wondering if my first issue will reach me before the 2nd one goes on sale.

I noticed that someone said that he/she read the thing on-line – how?

I was prepared to pay for a year’s subscription to the thing, but now I am wondering if it’s better to just get it from the news-stands or, better yet, to get it free off the net.

Bora
Bora
October 6, 2011 5:51 pm

@Another Steve

I ordered it last Tuesday the 27th, got an email saying it would be mailed out on Sep.29 and still waiting…..

Steve
Steve
October 6, 2011 5:54 pm

Bought it on my iPad in the app and it was not downloaded properly. I was charged $1.99, however. Classic Rogers.

Don Mandrie
Don Mandrie
October 7, 2011 12:34 am

It’s grieve Roger. Not greave.

So, three guys walk into a bar. A priest, a homosexual and a pedophile. And that was just the first guy…

If you want to bring faith and religion discussion to this site keep in mind the number of lives that have been destroyed by those who are supposedly the closest to God.

Back off or you will be buried by a torrential wave that will make the Red Sea seem like Lake St. Clair.

October 7, 2011 8:37 am

Wow, Don that’s quite an original and offensive joke. I wonder if someone were to make a similarly unfunny joke about another religion how that would play out here. I guess we’ll never know.

As for lives destroyed, nothing compares with the pro-atheist regimes of China and the Soviet Union. Together, its well over 100 million lives lost. Sorry Don, you lose again.

Thanks for the soft balls, they’re so easy to hit out of the park. Ya see folks I can bring the discussion back around to sports.

Don Mandrie
Don Mandrie
October 7, 2011 10:41 am

Good day Roger. Ever had your nuts fondled by a priest?

October 7, 2011 10:53 am

No Don, but I suspect you have. And you enjoyed it too….

don mandrie
don mandrie
October 7, 2011 6:48 pm

No but i do grieve (not greave) for those who’s lives have been terminally messed up as a result.

Argie
Argie
October 7, 2011 7:13 pm

You do seem messed up too, Don. What’s your excuse?

Don Mandrie
Don Mandrie
October 7, 2011 9:45 pm

Argie & Roger sitting in a tree…

Don Mandrie
Don Mandrie
October 8, 2011 11:35 pm

Thank you Sir.

I love this site. When I have time – which is precious with a wife, two kids, two cats and a dog – I do my best to check it out. I have a keen interest in the media. My older daughter will, hopefully, enter the world of online media in the next year or so. It’s in my own background, maybe in my blood. Even though I’m no longer in the business myself I know a lot of media types in this city. And I’m anxious to see how this corporate war will turn out. We, as listeners, viewers and readers, should be the ultimate winners.

I look forward to reading about breaking news on this site, which is impressive and important, given the stakes. I like to read what other fans of sports and sports media are thinking. But I have no interest (None.) reading views on religion, God, faith or politics.

I come here to get away from that crap.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dave from the suburbs
Dave from the suburbs
October 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks to all for keeping up the fight against Mr Cloud Guy. More evidence that those that spout about religion are the most vile, evil pieces of crap around.