Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Here’s your drive home lineups

On FAN 590 tonight

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybulski’s co-host is Bob Mackowycz

415 – Jonas Siegel
430 – James Duthie
515 – Bob McKenzie
530 – NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman
600 – Countdown to Faceoff: with Darren Dreger, Steve Simmons, Jamie McLennan, John Bartlett and Toronto Maple Leafs Forwards Tyler Bozak and Matt Frattin

Tonight on Sportsline:

Which franchise is doomed in the NHL, Tigers or Yankees, will Tiger ever be the same, Raonic battles Nadal and Charlie Manuel wants to shoot a squirrel! Join Hebsy & Bubbs tonight at 7pm on CHCH

October 6, 2011 6:11 pm

For those of you (including my friend Daniel) who were hoping that 1050 was going to refrain from having a hockey show at noon each weekday you might end up being disappointed……………Hayes was calling the first hour of his show today “Buds Lunch” and he seemed to give the impression that this will continue during the hockey season

If that is true, the name they came up with is somewhat lame………….I was kind of hoping they would call it “Centre Ice” and then change it again in a few weeks for legal reasons like 590 did with their noon hockey show

Guy
Guy
October 6, 2011 6:32 pm

I’m surprised by the lack of talk regarding the sportsnet re-branding… To me it looks like something from a Ryerson student production.

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
October 6, 2011 7:04 pm

@GUY How dare you compare it to a Ryerson production…
Clearly more like a Seneca student production.

October 6, 2011 7:43 pm

How to tell whether or not you’re a big deal at your place of work:

on TSN’s mobile web press release re: their new radio stations in Winnipeg and Montreal they made reference to their Leafs hockey expert Jonas Siegler.

happy opening night everyone.

Capn2patch
Capn2patch
October 6, 2011 8:13 pm

Leaving myself open to criticism here but if there’s anything I don’t like about the Leaf radio guys is how they complain about penalties during the broadcast. Tonight Cherry takes the cake. What a dinosaur. For those of you with 3D televisions it must have been special with all the finger pointing. Justifying the hit on Pacioretty for the push on Chara after that goal was just ludicrous. Loved the comment after from Ron Maclean “So you’re saying the hit was premeditated then”. Priceless.

Tom
Tom
October 6, 2011 8:42 pm

Listening to PTS tonight and Zaun came on – that was my cue to bail and tried 1050. Very impressed with James Cybulski’s interview with Gary Bettman. When he is without his sidekicks James can be quite good.

Another Steve
Another Steve
October 6, 2011 9:20 pm

When I heard Zaun it was my cue to listen. I loved his line about the book club.

October 7, 2011 12:06 am

Mike S – nice catch!

Never understood why 590, 640 and now 1050 put the exact same show discussing exclusively the exact same topics up against each other. Give me something different there and throw your hockey show up at another time. Ah well! I rarely listen much during midday anyway.

Another Steve – I’m a big Zaun fan too.