Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Leafs try to open the season 4-0 as they play the Avalanche tonight

Here’s your drive home lineups

On FAN 590 tonight

Bob McCown’s co-host from 5 to 7 is Stephen Brunt

4:00 Mike Zeisberger, Toronto Sun
4:20 Jeff Blair, The Jeff Blair Show Featuring Jeff Blair
5:20 Damon Allen, CFL Legend IN STUDIO
5:40 Kyle Dubas, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds GM
6:00 John Oreovitz, ESPN, on the Indy car crash yesterday that killed driver Dan Wheldon
6:20 Ryan Leaf, Former NFL First Rounder
6:40 Don Banks, SI

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybulski’s co-hosts are Bob Mackowycz and Bruce Arthur

400pm – Scott Goodyear (ESPN/ABC IRL Analyst)
430pm – John Michael-Liles (Toronto Maple Leafs)
445pm – Herm Edwards (TSN 1050 NFL Analyst)
515pm – Bob McKenzie (NHL on TSN Insider)
530pm – John Tavares (New York Islanders)
600pm – Countdown to Faceoff featuring Jonas Siegel, Darren Dreger, Jamie Mclennan, Pierre Lebrun, and Steve Simmons

Tonight on Sportsline:

Could Dan Wheldons death been avoided, review of the ALDS & NLDS, why did Don Cherry apologize and another hilarious edition of the Hebsy’s! Join Mark Hebscher & Clint ‘Bubba’ O’Neil tonight at 7 on CHCH.

October 17, 2011 5:41 pm

why is PTS interviewing Ryan Leaf?

robg
robg
October 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Ryan Leaf has written a book about his years at Washington State. I believe it is the first of 3 books he is releasing.

October 17, 2011 5:48 pm

don’t talk to me all right? knock it off!

mario
mario
October 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Do you think TSN wants the Leafs radio rights? A 1 hour pre game show… I am a leafs fan but thats a bit to much…not even sure 640 has pre and post game seeing it on SN…

MAGGIO
MAGGIO
October 17, 2011 6:19 pm

So McCown comes on today at 4pm and immediately goes on and on about the Argonauts who nobody gives a damn about…turn FAN 590 off.

Bob do you still have that white sweatshirt from 1980 your days at Global TV you know the one with Mickey Mouse on the front that you whore for almost every show?

Who’s the idiot at CBC who made the TV scoreboard that appears on the tv during HNIC when the game is underway smaller and put it in the middle of the freaking screen? We need a scoreboard bigger we can’t read the time of the period or what period the game is in because it’s way too small. Also it’s been moved this year to the middle of the screen which is distracting and is annoying!!!!!

Please just go back to the old scoreboard!!!!!!!!!!!

Here’s CBC’s Sports contact page to complain…

Ami Angelwings
October 18, 2011 4:06 am

Yay Brunt is back! 😀 The show is SO different when he’s co-hosting vs Shannon and Cox. Suddenly everything is more listenable! I think it works so much better because Bob can ask questions and Brunt can give his (usually awesome) analysis, and Bob feeds off that. Cox tends to just make terrible jokes and get upset all the time, and Shannon does the “I’m 500 years old” act.

I find that Bob seems to change depending on the co-host. Is it just me? He seems more immature when Cox is on, and his age really shows when Shannon is on as they both talk about TV from the 1950s or something and old in-jokes that “kids these days” like me just don’t get. And when Brunt is on, Bob seems way more relaxed, and not trying to keep up with Cox’s fratboy jokes or Shannon’s old timer stories. (I understand that a lot of people like one or both of those styles, they’re just not my thing.)

Also Bob’s opinions on certain things seem to shift depending on the co-host, as if he doesn’t want to offend them or something. He’s a lot more understanding of the NHL and Bettman when Shannon’s around for instance, but a lot more willing to criticize the NHL when Brunt is around. He’s a lot less sexist when Brunt is on, and more so when Cox is on.

Ami Angelwings
October 18, 2011 4:10 am

(to clarify, I don’t actually think Bob is sexist, and when he does it, it always comes off to me like he’s trying to play up to his persona, but I’ve heard a lot of stuff from all the time I’ve been listening to him,that makes me impressed by how good he is about sexism, homophobia, racism, etc… especially for an older male radio host, that the stereotype is usually they’re all conservative racist, sexist, etc dudes, that was part of the reason I was so drawn to the show. 🙂 But it does seem Cox brings out more sexism when he’s co-host, relative though it may be.)

October 18, 2011 7:55 am

you’re probably on to something Ami.

Bob’s “Don Cherry” moment about how female athletes should only bother if they are attractive was during a segment with Krystal.

MAGGIO
MAGGIO
October 18, 2011 9:32 am

Notice how much easier to read Sportsnet”s scoreboard was last night?

Here’s CBC’s Sports contact page to complain…

Sam
Sam
October 18, 2011 5:04 pm

I have no interest in auto racing but great interview with the ESPN Auto Racing guy… basically he seemed to have the opinion that the racing organizers were on crack to have that type of race, even though of course he didn’t say it that way.