Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Bryant Gumbel stirred the pot on his show Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel on HBO, calling David Stern a “modern plantation overseer”.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On the FAN 590 tonight

Bob McCown’s co-host from 5 to 7 is John Shannon

4:00 Humble & Fred In Studio
4:20 Michael Hiestand, USA Today
5:00 Gregg Zaun & Jamie Campbell In Studio
5:20 Ian Troop, Pan Am 2015 CEO In Studio
6:00 Warren Moon, Hall Of Famer In Studio
6:20 Rob Becker, Our Legal Analyst
6:40 Kiefer Sutherland, Emmy Award Winner

On TSN Radio 1050

James Cybulski’s co-host is Bob Mackowycz

415 – Shane Hnidy (Jets Colour Commentator)
430 – Brian Cooper (S&E Sponsorship Group)
445 – Rick Dudley (Director of Player Personnel)
515 – Bob McKenzie (NHL on TSN)
530 – Dwane Casey (Head Coach, Toronto Raptors)
545 – Dan Shulman from the World Series
600 – Frankie Edgar (UFC fighter)
630 – Countdown to Faceoff: Jonas Siegel, Darren Dreger, Aaron Ward, Jamie Mclennan, Scott Macarthur, Maple Leafs forward Mike Brown and Jets forward Tanner Glass

Tonight on Sportsline:

Feelings on Bryant Gumbels rant on David Stern, World Series predictions, are the 2-4 Bruins a bunch of Bullies and should Andrea Bargnani play in Italy if he’s sponsored by the Ashley Madison dating site? Join Mark Hebscher & Clint ‘Bubba’ O’Neil, tonight at 7 on CHCH.

October 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Wow, curious to hear Humble and Fred with McCown. I have no idea why, but for some reason I kind of assumed they wouldn’t like McCown and vice versa.

October 19, 2011 6:26 pm

I enjoy hearing Bob McKenzie each day on the 1050 drive home show………….but I wish his segments were a bit longer…………..it seems like they are always less than 5 minutes for some reason

kyle
kyle
October 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Daniel – I’m interested to hear H&F with Bob, as well. Talking about their new podcasting adventure I assume. At some point (a lonnng time ago) Fred worked with Bob, I do believe.

Steve
Steve
October 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Gee Bryant, quit beating around the bush and say what you’re really thinking!

Mike
Mike
October 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Pretty surreal hearing Humble and Fred together again on Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown…. Damn was entertaining as hell. And we learnt McCown’s wife used to work at The Edge in the segment???

Ami Angelwings
October 20, 2011 3:05 am

Shannon :\

Even in a Brunt week we can’t get him all 5 days D:

Capn2patch
Capn2patch
October 20, 2011 7:43 am

Has Shannon been knighted as a regular on PTS? I heard a promo leading one of the commercial breaks last night plugging (to the effect) “We’ll be back with McCown & Shannon after the break”.

I know he’s on there often enough but I thought Cox and Brunt were the official regulars.

Andrew
Andrew
October 20, 2011 9:35 am

Road testing Humble & Fred after listening the PTS segment. Pretty good do far.

Cory
Cory
October 20, 2011 10:30 am

Found it quite funny how Bobcat was talking about how Humble & Fred should stick with the podcast even if a job was offered and to ride it out because he thought the podcast & Internet was the way to go. The whole time I was thinking about how Tim & Sid became so big because of their podcast ( which I listened to daily) and how the fan swooped in and signed them when they were #1 in Canada. I assume nobody at the fan is allowed to even talk about it yet because nobody even mentions tim & Sid.

Ami Angelwings
October 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Are they slowly phasing Brunt out, or is he just busy lately? :\ He was only around for 4 days his last week (the roundtable was Damien, Shannon and Marek), this week he’s been only in for 2 days so far…