Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

8:00 Darren Dreger and Jamie McLennan

8:30 Bobby Orr

8:45 Bobby Orr

MAGGIO
MAGGIO
October 21, 2011 11:08 am

The three Robbers stooges, Pelley Moore & Kollins, now running the FAN 590 have pulled off another one.

Blair announced this morning that after Stellick & Berger being let go and after about a month into the Leafs season on November 3rd the FAN will actually have a Leafs post game show hosted by non other than Vito from Woodbridge. Co-hosting will be Ric Nattress. WOW so now Toronto sports fans have a choice between an annoying MLSE boot licking homer in Andy Frost or some hack from Woodbridge.

Who would i like to hear on a sports morning show? Well it certainly wouldn’t be Greg Brady. From September to July UFA season it would be Jeff Marek & Darren Dreger. In the summer Marek and various baseball guys co-hosting. It’s a Leafs town and in Marek & Dreger you would have 2 calm non-clownish astute hockey guys.

Guy
Guy
October 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Ummmm.. You know Marek and Dreger work for two separate companies right?

Darrell
Darrell
October 21, 2011 1:41 pm

I actually like Jeff Sammut but not for the Leaf post game shows. Gord Stellick was the best one they could’ve had for that job. He is a Leafs fan, knows his hockey and was on the inside of the Maple Leafs team. However – Sammut is more of a baseball guy, I think, than a hockey guy and he is an Islanders fan.

A lot of the moves the FAN has done has left a series of question marks for me – but them doing this a month late isn’t a good decision at all. If you are going to go with Sammut – fine announce that prior to the season (not mid-stream).

As for Andy Frost – complete homer and other than listening to “Mike from Buffalo” with him, I turn him off. How can every last thing the Leafs do or do not do be great (in Frost’s eyes)?

dave in bolton
dave in bolton
October 21, 2011 3:17 pm

yup switch to TSN their post leaf game show is pretty good

October 21, 2011 4:11 pm

When I hear Sammut’s voice on 590 I switch stations immediately…………..I agree that the 1050 guys do a pretty good post game show

I don’t mind Andy Frost on 640 at all and I am not even a Leafs fan………………however I hate it when he pretends to interview a player or coach when it’s obvious that the clips are on tape…………….my one question about Frost would be this: how closely can he watch the home games when he is busy with his public address announcer duties??

MAGGIO
MAGGIO
October 21, 2011 4:31 pm

yup switch to TSN their post leaf game show is pretty good…

That’s if you can pickup 1050’s garbage signal.

When I hear Sammut’s voice on 590 I switch stations immediately…

LMAO

Darrell
Darrell
October 21, 2011 4:43 pm

I am not a superficial guy. I don’t look at silly things like not enjoying a radio host because of his/her voice. For all I know – there could be people out there that don’t like my voice and I refuse to treat someone else with that same thought.

To my way of thinking – Andrew Krystal will always be the worse sportscaster that was on Toronto radio.

October 21, 2011 4:45 pm

I don’t dislike Sammut because of his voice……………I dislike Sammut because I don’t find him informative or entertaining

William
William
October 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Weren’t they probably waiting until the baseball post-season is done? They’ve had live games every night for the past couple weeks.