Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

TBA

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

7:00 Dave Naylor

7:15 Jonas Siegel

7:30 Pierre McGuire

7:45 Scott Ferguson

8:00: Darren Dreger and Jamie McLennan

8:30 Dallas Radio Host Arnie Spanier

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 18
  • comment-avatar

I am so annoyed and disappointed in Brady and Lang right now. >:|

mike (in boston) 8 years ago

i listened to the friday roundtable for the first time in a long time. Shannon must be the most frustrating figure ever in the history of PTS. he talks over everyone, inserts moronic jokes when people are trying to have a proper conversation, makes himself the centre of discussion far too often, and every now and then throws in some genuine insight.

for example: Bob claimed that the Raptors attendance would never dip sub 10,000 since all those Leafs season ticket holders are forced to buy Raps tickets as well. Shannon notes that during his time with MLSE he thinks that only about 5000 people were dual holders, so the number of guaranteed seat sales for the Raps is not nearly as high as Bob thinks. Friedman then supports this by saying that he noted tiny crowds when he went to games (someone in the media who actually goes to games!) last season.

mike (in boston) 8 years ago

comedy highlight of the friday roundtable: — Friedman telling Cox that the comments section on Cox’s articles are usually more entertaining than the articles themselves.

Cox and Dowbiggin are leaders of the pack when it comes to the number of comments whose sole content is to tell the author how much of an idiot he is. Trolling makes for strange bedfellows indeed.

• comment-avatar

“this is, if true, a great piece of insider knowledge. if only Shannon could be limited to a guest appearance for one segment per week …”

Let’s make it once a month!

Paul in Hespeler 8 years ago

Totally agree with Ami. The FAN590 in the morning is simply unlistenable with the current two buffoons on the air talking endless nonsense and limited thoughtful substance on sports. Too bad Richards is no better, thus have to search elsewhere for news/entertainment. For me it is now CBC Radio 2 which is mostly music.

Another Steve 8 years ago

What happened with Brady/Lang today?

Less Than 12 Parsecs 8 years ago

Didn’t hear Brady and Lang this morning, but something I’ve heard regularly with them is an extended bickering session in the last 15 minutes of the show. In spite of the fact that I really like Brady, this segment has me quickly punching the other presets. No matter how much it can be the basis of great comedy — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y — pointless contradiction is not good radio.

Dave in Bolton 8 years ago

the fan sucks i stoped listening to it a long time ago I keep it on TSN 1050 now. TSN brand is far better then Sportsnet same with radio

• comment-avatar

I find since the summer of the “Roj” I listen to far less sports radio. When I do there is just not enough to hold my attention on the FAN outside of PTS which is waning.

While I agree with Mike in Boston regarding his assessment of Shannon on the round table last Friday, it is Cox’s persistent churlish and often petulant behaviour that has me tuning out. Prior to the last two roundtables with Cox, I cannot remember the last time I had turned one off.

I still believe McCown to be in a class above the rest but he does not offset Cox.

• comment-avatar

I wholeheartedly agree with Cam. Damien Cox’s presence on TV or radio is my cue to automatically switch stations. His superficial sports knowledge coupled with a condescending, angry and immature conversational style is not conducive to good sports entertainment. It is interesting that Rogers and the Toronto Star aren’t concerned about a reputational hit to their brand having him on board.

Mike S 8 years ago

I heard Mike Richards’ impression of Jim Rome at the end of his show today on 1050…………..it really is as bad as many of you say it is

Roger 8 years ago

Its obvious to everyone Cox is a tool. He disagrees with the other panelists just for the sake of disagreeing. When he gives his opinion, he seems to think it’s the word of God.

Unfortunately, he will always be on the show as long as he’s McCown’s buddy. If that friendship sours, you won’t hear form him again. I pray for that to happen.

Another Steve 8 years ago

I actually really enjoyed the roundtable on Friday. While I generally am not a big fan of either Cox or Shannon, the gang were all having a lot of fun needling one another, and the humour really worked for me.

• comment-avatar

Mike – good point about Shannon.

Usually he’s a frustrating as a cohost (especially talking about non hockey stuff), but he will occasionally offer some great insight. He was a guest on some show this weekend, but I found myself surprised at how interested I was in his points.

Maybe he’d be better off just coming onto PTS for NHL segments, like Kypreos does.

• comment-avatar

To be fair, I’m pretty sure Cox is on PTS because Rogers signed him to work at Sportsnet and The Fan, not because he’s a friend of Bob McCown. Remember, Cox was this close to going to TSN? He probably would have been on with Cybulski everyday if that went through.

MAGGIO 8 years ago

I was listening to Norm last night and so as soon as i turned the radio back on this morning it was set to 590 and Brady who sounds like he is way freaking high on caffeine and ultra hyper as usual was immediately going off and whining on and on about something totaly retarded…TURN 590 OFF!!

• comment-avatar

I like Grange better than Cox, but I’m unsure whether or not Cox is better than Shannon… neither of them are funny and both of them can be pretty sophomoric -_-;; I think I prefer Shannon over Cox… but Cox is better in interviews when he wants to be.

I think Cox tries too hard to be “different” and “controversial” and if he cut that out he might be better. He seems angry almost all the time and he seems to take offense to criticism really easily.

I’m disappointed by Brady after this morning and how he reacted to me on Twitter. :\ I expected more from him, and as you all know, I’m like the only person on this blog who actually likes him and likes listening to him xD So… *sigh*

I wish TSN HAD signed Cox just b/c then maybe Arthur would be signed w/ the FAN590 :\

Another Steve 8 years ago

Ami, I looked a bit at the Twitter exchange, and I think you are perhaps making too much of it. Twitter is not the forum for reasonable exchange – in fact, as a medium it discourages dialogue.