Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

645 David Alter Leafs Reporter
720 Doug MacLean Sportsnet
820 Charles Davis FOX Sports
840 Paul Crane COX Sports

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

7:00am Dave Naylor

7:15am Jonas Siegel

7:30am Pierre McGuire

8:00am Darren Dreger & Jamie McLennan

8:15am Michael Landsberg

Jeremy Roenick in studio from 8:45-9:30am

Richie Rich should be in rare form today; also Roenick in studio with Richards. Richards should ask Krystal how that worked out for him!

Sam
Sam
November 7, 2011 5:46 am

Cathal Kelly has a column in The Star about how its sad to see Cherry’s slow fall. I agree… I hope a smooth transition happens… though there is a lot of season left. (I’d like to think he’s gone at the end of this year, based on my wanting it more than anything, but who the hell knows).

Darrell
Darrell
November 7, 2011 12:22 pm

I am not a fan of Don Cherry at all. Now saying that – I also cannot imagine watching Hockey Night in Canada Saturday nights to hear something stupid he says, what racist remark or bigot comment he says. However CBC doesn’t seem to have the “onions” to ease Cherry out. Cherry will either have to die first or go out on his terms.

I don’t like it but he appears to have the Bob Barker approach at CBC. CBC could easily slide Cherry out and put Milbury in as his replacement.

November 7, 2011 2:04 pm

I enjoy listening to Doug MacLean but for someone who takes shots at just about everyone he has very thin skin………….today on the noon 590 show he had to make sure he told everyone that he disagreed with Simmons, who apparently poked fun at MacLean in his Sunday notes column yesterday………….it seems like every week MacLean feels the need to defend himself against someone who said something negative about him

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
November 7, 2011 3:21 pm

Did anybody else hear Cherry’s Grapevine Friday late afternoon. Was a story of him daring CBC to fire him. Found the timing odd for him to regale that story of an Olympics years ago which he didn’t want to be at.

Do start to wonder if this will be his final year.

Chef Mike in Burlington
November 7, 2011 4:09 pm

I’ve not watched a CC or Grapeline in 10 years, and my life is just fine, but I think it should be required viewing/listening.

Folks might be well served to watch it, just to see what a true caricature, what an anachronism looks like. We’d all be better off hearing him say his usually xeonophobic, stupid, racist or otherwise bigoted piffle, just so we can see, in the greatest relief, who we are really talking about.

Bobby G
Bobby G
November 7, 2011 10:49 pm

Strong opinions for someone who hasn’t watched or listened in a decade even if they aren’t based on fact, just a bigoted caricature maquerading as an opinion.
There is no way for the CBC to “ease” Cherry out. Either he goes on his own terms or he’s fired and if he’s fired, there will be nothing easy about it.
It will be interesting to see how the most popular sports broadcaster in Canadian history eventually leave the podium…