Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

By RobG

A deal may be done to settle the NBA lockout.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN tonight, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown from 4-7pm. Bob’s co-host from 5-7pm is Stephen Brunt

4:00 Gregg Doyel, CBSSports.com, on the Penn State scandal
4:20 Damon Allen, former CFL quarterback great, on the CFL semi’s this weekend
5:00 Chris Sheridan, SheridanHoops.com, on a potential NBA settlement
5:20 Dick Pound, former WADA chief
5:40 Jonathan Duhamel, Canadian Poker Player, 2010 WSOP champion
6:00 Glenn Healy, on the NHL
6:20 Theo Fleury, in studio, on the Penn State scandal

On TSN Radio 1050, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski from 4-7pm. James’s co-host is Bob Mackowycz.

4:15 – Dave Feschuk – Toronto Star writer
4:30 – James Duthie – NHL on TSN Host
4:45 – Brian Cooper
5:15 – Bob McKenzie – TSN Hockey Insider
5:30 – Mike Goldberg – Voice of the UFC
5:45 – Mike Beech – Sports Illustrated Writer
6:00 – Steve Simmons – Toronto Sun columnist
6:15 – Nick Lachey
6:30 – Glen Hodgson – co-author of Why Are Toronto Teams Financial Successes, but Competitive Flops?

On Off the Record with Michael Landsberg, on TSN at 6pm, TSN2 at 6:30pm

Theo Fleury discusses the situation at Penn State
Bob Clarke discusses the 1-3-1 trap, dealing with players’ parents
Panel: Bob Clarke, Mark Osborne, Bob McGill and Wes Jarvis discuss the latest hot topics

Tonight on Sportsline:

Is Joe Paternos legacy destroyed, should the NHL eliminate the neutral zone trap, and will the NBA lockout end tonight? Join Mark Hebscher & Bubba O’Neil, tonight at 7 on CHCH.

(Another) Andrew
(Another) Andrew
November 10, 2011 5:47 pm

4:00 Gregg Doyel, CBSSports.com, on the Penn State scandal

He didn’t last too long. He accused Bob of trying to get a rise out of him by saying something controversial – though I didn’t think that was the case. Bob said there was no point in going on. Doyel quickly responded by saying “I don’t blame you as you lost” or something like that. Bob hung up and called him a moron. Another day on PTS:-)

PBI
PBI
November 10, 2011 7:21 pm

He apologized to the Fan and to Bob via twitter, not a big deal.

Chef Mike in Burlington
November 10, 2011 10:48 pm

I listened to the podcast, Bob was a bit patronizing, Doyel was already pissed off, it was going bad and stayed there. They’re both big boys, they will kiss and make up someday and move past this…

November 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I remember Krystal interviewed Doyel months ago, and even though Krystal was unpleasant, I remember that the Doyel guy was pretty rude and unpleasant himself (a couple of overdone shots at Canada etc). Interested to hear the McCown interview.

November 10, 2011 10:58 pm

This is what Doyel tweeted. Pretty classy:

“@FAN590 I’m sorry. Bad week, emotional here. Not your fault, all mine. I apologize.”

alex
alex
November 11, 2011 2:56 am

Doyel usualy comes off as a d’nozzle.

There were a billion better psu guesys to book.

alex
alex
November 11, 2011 3:03 am

Forgot to mention this the other day ….

I was amused to see, after a discuussion here recently, i got an email from on air personality during a show from their blackberry.

It likely came during a commercial, but still funny.

Sam
Sam
November 11, 2011 6:25 am

Just wanted to mention that I thought the PTS segment with McLean, when actually talking about hockey, was pretty good. McLeans a good analyst when he’s not bragging, shouting over people, trying to cut down Mallard.

Rome
Rome
November 11, 2011 10:39 am

Whenever I hear Healy talk about Reimer, the only thing that comes to mind was Healy saying the Reimer was “selling” the injury when it happened in the game. Did Healy ever apologize for that?

When I heard him say that I thought it was a jerk thing to say considering it looked like Reimer took a pretty good knock when his mask came out and it’s not like Reimer has a reputation of exaggerating injuries as he’s still a rookie, so not sure where Healy thinks he can say that about him.

Surprised Healy didn’t get more heat for that on here.

Ami Angelwings
November 11, 2011 3:32 pm

That sounded like a pretty sincere apology. Good 🙂 I was shocked how rude he was when I was listening to the podcast last night… I just knew that Bob would hang up on him, because *I* would. He was basically trolling Bob. Because he disagreed with Bob he painted Bob as being disingenuous and his opinion as being facetious and acted as if it didn’t even have enough merit to need debunking. That’s pretty much one of the standard internet troll types -_-;; I was so glad when Bob shut him down, he was being really mean and Bob’s point was not ridiculous (I agree with it but I can see how somebody might disagree but to start doing the “do you want the IRS and garbage pick up to do something too?” is such a strawman).

Neways, I’m glad he apologized 🙂

kyle
kyle
November 14, 2011 11:46 am

I’m catching up on PTS podcasts, just listened to thursday’s episodes.
Brunt was clearly astounded by Dick Pound’s claims re:PEDs:
(1) you can tell just by looking at a guy that he’s using (ie. if he has more stamina in the third period…)
(2) headshots increased because of ‘roid rage.
He (Brunt) did not say much after that. Don’t know if he was just dumbfounded by the claims and did not know what to say, or thought that if he said anything more it would have just escalated and gotten ugly.