MLSE Press Conference 9:30am

By TSM

yes it’s 423am in Seattle, but I am flying east today so sleep is over-rated.

Anyways, it looks like it’s true, the story the sun broke last night. MLSE has called a 9:30am press conference for a major announcement.

Bell, Rogers and MLSE. Oh My….

Here are my thoughts from a few short hours ago

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
December 9, 2011 7:37 am

Wow, very intriguing. Almost sounds like a Cain and Abel story, with these two getting together. Will be very interesting to see how this pot is split up, someone has to be in the driver seat of the two, don’t they? Can it really be a pure 50/50 split. Perhaps this is better than just one of them buying it? Hard to believe that for me.

mario
mario
December 9, 2011 7:42 am

Still can’t believe this is happening….so many questions two very big egos on who gets what in TV and radio and broadcasting in general…someone has to come up with a bigger peace of the pie but who??….

Roger
Roger
December 9, 2011 9:14 am

A few months back I was hearing only Bell would be buying them. Too bad Rogers is in on it – just what we need: Rogers and “Burkie” up each others’ you-know-what even more.

bob loblaw
bob loblaw
December 9, 2011 9:21 am

Didn’t AA just say some version of no free agents unless the fans show up i.e. Rogers can’t afford it?

Rings even more hollow today

Darrell
Darrell
December 9, 2011 9:34 am

The Leaf radio rights are up for grabs after this season, right? My question for me the consumer of the Leafs/Raptors – does this mean that the Leafs are moving from AM 640 to the FAN 590?

I don’t really care who specifically replaces Peddie or any of that business mumbo-jumbo.

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
December 9, 2011 10:11 am

If indeed a 50/50 split, does this make Tannenbaum the most important guy in all of this? Who is he tight with on each companies respective board etc…..

Rome
Rome
December 9, 2011 4:40 pm

Wow that was something, not sure if it was up there as Bills at RC announcement where we the owners saying that Buffalo is poor and we would pay any price and love it. But it was close

I love when asked what does this mean for the fans. They only talk about platforms. Hardly anything about winning or even building.

I do love that the Raps are now an iconic franchise. Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, Raptors!!

Sam in Oshawa
December 9, 2011 7:42 pm

Turn out the lights my wallet is empty…