Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

720 Scott Morrison sportsnet
740 Jon Paul Morosi FOX Sports
820 Charles Davis NFL Network / FOX
830 Special in studio guests

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

6 :30am Jack Armstrong

7:00am Dave Naylor

7:15am Jonas Siegel

7:30am Pierre McGuire

7:45am James Duthie

8:00am Darren Dreger & Jamie McLennan

8:30am Arnie Spanier

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 24
  • comment-avatar

This has got to be the most “hush-hush” debut that I have EVER witnessed.
    I mean c’mon…they promoted Hazel Mae as if she was the second coming of Christ.
    Tim and Sid starting today, and I have not read, seen or heard one promo for these guys!

• comment-avatar
    itchy butt 9 years ago

That’s because they don’t look good in a skirt.

itchy butt 9 years ago

BTW, that cartoon looks like Jesse Ventura and Dalton McGuinty

mike (in boston) 9 years ago

BRAD: This has got to be the most “hush-hush” debut that I have EVER witnessed. I mean c’mon…they promoted Hazel Mae as if she was the second coming of Christ.

that’s a really good point. i wonder why they chose to undersell T&S. One explanation might be how poorly TSN’s hyping of Richards turned out. He came across as very small time and schlocky at the outset. Another explanation might be that they are worried about alienating the existing listeners of the 1-4 time slot. T&S will be a pretty radical change in terms of style from the hosts that have handled mid afternoons on the FAN.

Looking forward to hearing reports from people who listen to the debut live. I’ll catch up on podcast later in the week.

Roger 9 years ago

Hazel is like most 2002 cars. In 2002 they looked nice – now, not so much.

• comment-avatar

These guys will be great for The Fan. Good luck Tim and Sid!!! Congratulations!

Eugenesaxe 9 years ago

The Hazel Mae aka Jugg McGillicuddy hiring will prove to have set back Sportsnet two years in their race with TSN.

• comment-avatar

I liked Tim doing highlights on The Score, but on “Score on the NFL” he was absolutely terrible. I don’t like when hosts play analyst, and believe they actually are experts about any sport by watching it on TV. As for Sid, I enjoyed him doing the highlights, and doing plays of the week with Tim and Cabbie. Again, not the biggest fan of his “analyst” work on the footy show, though for some reason he wasn’t as irritating as Tim on that NFL show.

Tim & Sid Uncut was probably one of the worst sports podcasts I’ve ever heard, and I listen to at least 2 a day while working out or travelling. I gave it a chance as I enjoyed them on Plays of the week, but it was just too much noise too much trying to say something outrageous to get attention or a reaction.

I’ll give them a chance on the score but I hope they tone down the act a bit and just be natural…unless that is natural, then I’ll have to listen to that awful Cybulski show.

• comment-avatar

I have a feeling they had to wait out the non compete.

I got a mass email from The Fan at midnight last night saying ‘TIM AND SID TODAY AT 1!!’

I’m sure if it wasn’t for the non compete, then it would have been promoted. It was clear that Tim, Sid and Eric Smith were muzzled about the future of the slot.

(Another) Andrew 9 years ago

I just turned on the Fan to listen to Eric Smith only to hear Tim & Sid. I’ve no idea who they are. So far it is all hockey but that’s understandable given the Sidney Crosby news.

I think I liked the Eric Smith Show because there was so little basketball talk of late – for an obvious reason. I know he’s a basketball guy but he’s pretty good on other sports, especially NFL. Unlike too many others at The Fan he’s able to express an opinion without sounding like an obnoxious blowhard.

• comment-avatar

Andrew – I believe Tim and Sid’s specialty is NBA and NFL (A lot like Eric Smith, actually).

• comment-avatar

I stopped listening to etic smith once it seemingly became all nba talk.

I have no reference for tim and sid, but i didnt want to listen today because of how 590 beat their debut to dath today.

Sportsnet is rivalling espn for excessive self promotion.

• comment-avatar

Did not catch the whole show but what I caught was quite good. Good enough for me to tune in again tomorrow. I really liked the breadth of topics covered in the bits I heard.

Anything is better than Paul Jones

• comment-avatar

Very convenient for them to start just as the guys doing mid day would have to go back to NBA duty.

dennis 9 years ago

I was greatly encouraged by Tim & Sid today. Obviously, the two had good chemistry, they were amusing & spoke intelligently on the topics they discussed. I had been getting very, very tired with E. Smith & Jones & never much cared for them to begin with. I’d been switching to Hayes over at TSN of late but I can’t imagine doing that now. Big win for The Fan here.

• comment-avatar

Tim and Sid come from theScore, home for the hardcore. I hope they completely blow out all these other segments on the ‘net’. Makes me sick everytime I hear Sportsnet, YUCK!!!

• comment-avatar

I thought the reason they couldn’t trumpet them coming to the FAN is because they were still with the Score and there was a non-compete thingie. They went crazy hyping them today. >_>

I didn’t actually know Hazel was “back” (nor did I know she had left xD Shows how much I pay attn.) until she was on with Bob. I never found her particularly more attractive than any of the other female anchors that TSN or Sportsnet employs. I mean she is attractive in the “she’s thin, and a woman, and I’m sure guys dig that” way, but I dunno what the big deal is… outside of that she’s not white, she looks similar to all the other female anchors they have. o:

Is she a really good anchor or something? I’d LIKE to believe that the big deal of her return is she’s rly good at what she does, and it’s not a “hurr hurr she’s hot” thing >_>

• comment-avatar

I have a question for the guys here. Would you actually find female hosts MORE attractive, if they had opinions/said things/had a way of talking/making arguments/ etc etc etc that you really liked, or really liked listening to but didn’t have like model bodies, or does that not matter and it’s more about how pretty they are to you? o:

I’m wondering, cuz I have HUGE HUGE crushes on a lot of sports media personalities (men) and none of them are because of their looks (since I didn’t even know what they looked like when they were voices on the radio), like Bob, Brunt, Arthur and Wilner (Wilner looks WAY different in person than his FAN590 icon) xD So I’m wondering about the strategy employed that clearly they want female anchors of a certain age, a certain body type, a certain look etc… and if that rly matters so much to hetero guys? o:

Does nebody here think they could crush on a female host based on just listening to them and it doesn’t matter if she ends up not looking like a model? o: Cuz obviously, the stereotype of what matters to guys is pretty… superficial… and obviously that’s how a lot of news media companies see it too. xD

itchy butt 9 years ago

I don’t find most female sports anchors that attractive because they all talk in that “yelling” type of sportscaster voice. Like Claude Feig in a dress. News anchors seem to use their inside voice. Same with that Cheryl Hickey from ET Canada. Good looking woman, but that voice…….

• comment-avatar

I don’t like yelling voices for either gender >_> Guys should use their inside voice too…

mike (in boston) 9 years ago

did Ami just call Wilner fat?

posting this here since it’s the most active thread: Bobcat + Brunt interviewing Dana White of the UFC was note perfect. I’m not a UFC fan but the interview was professional and compelling. The analogies with boxing were really illuminating (White is a huge boxing fan?). Great stuff.

The interviews with Mohammed, Pelley, etc. on the other hand … what a waste of time. Content! Platform! Mobile! Winning! Iconic!

One interesting comment that i would like to know more about: Nadir mentioned that there were regulatory issues with Rogers owning MLSE outright. Does this mean that Rogers had to reach out to Bell in order to get this done?

What? o_O

No I didn’t call him fat o_o I just said he looks different…

• comment-avatar

I used to listen to these two clowns on satillite radio occasionally to see if they ever got better and they didn’t. It’s the same act time after time and look what happened to their station…. its off the air. If the Fan590 wanted to get someone from the HardcoreSports radio they should get Sarah Meahan. Intelligent with a great voice.