Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

Pictured is the Lou Marsh Award winner for 2011, skater Patrick Chan.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN tonight, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown from 4-7pm. Damien Cox co-hosts from 5-7pm:

4:00-5:00 Pinball Clemons
5:20 Nick Kypreos, Sportsnet
5:40 Don Hay, coach of the Canadian Junior Hockey team
6:00 Silken Laumann, chair of the committee voting on the Lou Marsh Award
6:20 Eric Tillman, GM, Edmonton Eskimos
6:40 Michael Hiestand, USA Today

On TSN Radio 1050, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski.

4:30 – James Duthie
4:45 – Rod Black (Patrick Chan wins Lou Marsh)
5:15 – Bob McKenzie
5:30 – Neil Peart, RUSH, Drummer
5:40 – JP Arencibia IN STUDIO

Countdown to Faceoff 6-7pm (Canes @Leafs)
Darren Dreger
Matt Frattin
Carl Gunnarsson
Steve Simmons
Jamie McLennan

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Christopher Nowinski, Concussion Expert
Scott Ferrall, SiriusXM Radio Host
The Sheepdogs featuring a live performance

Tonight on Sportsline:

After being critical of Theo Fleury, should the Montreal Gazette fire columnist Pat Hickey, should Sidney Crosby change his game in order to avoid further concussions, is Patrick Chan really Canadas Athlete of the Year and does the CFL’s tendency to rotate players turn off football fans? Join Mark Hebscher & ‘Bubba’ O’Neil, tonight at 7, on CHCH.

December 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Tillman and Kennedy back-to-back? Awkward booking by the FAN …

Sam
Sam
December 13, 2011 6:05 pm

There aren’t many recurring segments as tiresome as the Lou Marsh diatribes. Its like they hit rewind and press play every year.

Bora
Bora
December 13, 2011 6:12 pm

What a horrible 6-7pm guest list on 590, at least there’s TSN

alex
alex
December 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Most of the kypreos segment was about his new dog.

mario
mario
December 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Give me a break… 1 hour of Leafs pre game…same old same old from TSN Dreger not too bad but the same faces and same topic … I am a leaf fan but give me something anything different…the Fan at least gives some variety…

itchy butt
itchy butt
December 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Has there been a worse PTS recently?

And as a horse owner/lover, I wanted to choke both of them (especially Cox) when they were discussing Lamaze/Hickstead. How can 2 idiots who are voting for the Marsh awards not know the greatest show jumping horse Canada ever had?

Sam
Sam
December 13, 2011 6:46 pm

THe point about the players should be wanting injuries and the treatments documented was interesting. That was after the solid 7 or 8 minutes about the dog.

Another Steve
Another Steve
December 13, 2011 6:57 pm

I thought PTS, the parts of it that I heard, was ok. Nothing special, but not horrible.

With respect to how the guys cannot know about “the greatest show jumping horse Canada ever had?” Sorry, but I read that question in a completely ironic way. Frankly, horse-shows just don’t register with me, and my only knowledge of the fellow/rider in question is that I think he had some cocaine issue a few years ago, which reminds me of a bad movie (from Mel Brooks?) in which a horse did cocaine….but I digress.

Yes, the placement of Tilman and Kennedy in the 6 hour is rather icky.

Ami Angelwings
December 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Not looking forward to the PTS podcast after these comments >_>

They had Kennedy on with Tillman? o_O Did ppl forget that Tillman assaulted a 16 y/o girl?

robg
robg
December 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Michael Hiestand was a substitute in the last segment of PTS. Have to agree about the Kypreos segment. I’m all for some friendly banter, but the chit chat about the dog was too long and too tiresome. I have to agree that Kypreos’s comment regarding reporting the truth on a player’s injury was spot on.

alex
alex
December 13, 2011 8:42 pm

The stuff with the dog on pts reminds me of why i have a hard time listening to the noon show.

Whenever i listen, it seems like nothing but people talking over each other about pointkess blather.

Roger
Roger
December 14, 2011 10:46 am

I heard the dog talk from Kypreos et al and it was painful to listen to – thus, I changed to TSN.

As for Chan, kudos for being the first openly gay athlete to win the Marsh. Oh wait, didn’t Wendel Clark win it???

Andrew
Andrew
December 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Roger – Take that shit somewhere else.

Ami Angelwings