Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

The Jets are in town for their first visit to Toronto since the mid-90s.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown (no Sportsnet 590 The FAN tonight due to the World Junior Hockey radio broadcast) from 4-7pm. John Shannon co-hosts from 5-7pm:

4:00 Neil Smith, former Rangers GM
4:20 Rob Betker, legal analyst
5:20 Nick Kypreos, Sportsnet
5:40 Bob Elliot, Toronto Sun baseball writer
6:00 Don Banks, SI
6:20 Cecil Fielder, former major leaguer
6:40 Dave Branch, CHL president
On TSN Radio 1050, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski, from 4-7pm. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

400 – 445pm Phone Calls on Brian Burke

645 Bob McKenzie

Tonight on Sportsline:

TBA

Darren
Darren
January 5, 2012 5:37 pm

I wanna see if Bob has the balls to say to Burke what he has moaned about for the past hour and a half to his face if Burke comes on after 6.

Gerry
Gerry
January 5, 2012 7:03 pm

When did Mike Toth start working on Leafs TV? Hardly ever watch it but noticed him on it tonight.

Mike
Mike
January 5, 2012 7:28 pm

Toth started about a month ago at LeafsTV… I think hes basically taking over the role Andi Petrillo filled when she was there hosting. Hes doing that and still hosting a sports show on Sundays on NewsTalk 1010AM. anyone seen Former Sportsnet 590 The Fan Morning Host ANDREW KRYSTAL yet as a GENERAL NEWS Reporter over on CityNewsChannel??

daver
daver
January 5, 2012 10:59 pm

Ummm RobG…. the Jets were in Toronto back in October.

Ami Angelwings
January 5, 2012 11:31 pm

What’d Bob say? o: Haven’t listened to the podcast yet. Is it about fighting? 😀 He’s at his sexiest when he rips fighting in hockey 😀

Ami Angelwings
January 5, 2012 11:44 pm

TSN should hope that Bob bans more ppl then, b/c then they can get more guests!

Also, I just assumed that Bob had his contract done early last year. Is he seriously working without a contract? If he really is, then Rogers probably knows he’s in no danger of leaving and it’s just a matter of numbers. As I said, I think that at this point, Bob is pretty comfortable and happy where he is and he seems to get a lot of say about his show and who’s on and what they talk about, etc… and unless somebody pays him way more, I’m pretty sure comfort and security is just fine with him. (and if Rogers really felt he was in danger of leaving I doubt they’d leave him on the air like this and risk a Kevin Nash/Scott Hall scenario with TSN Radio)

Darren
Darren
January 6, 2012 12:33 am

“risk a Kevin Nash/Scott Hall scenario with TSN Radio”
I must have missed this, what happened?

And Bob was saying that Burkes 15 min presser today about sending Orr to the minors was all a joke, was suppose to be on but never showed, guessing he may be in the 1st hour tomorrow.

alex
alex
January 6, 2012 1:39 am

I assume ami means that bob would show up unannounced on tsn radio. If so, her wreztling analogy would more accuraty be lex luger, who showed up on the first episode on wcw nitro when everyone thought he was still employed by the wwf.

Ami Angelwings
January 6, 2012 2:40 am

I meant that they’d risk him switching stations within days of leaving the FAN, like Hall/Nash did xD I didn’t rly think it’d be unannounced, but it would be dangerous.

Ami Angelwings
January 6, 2012 2:45 am

Hmmm Luger was 8 days too :3 So it’s the same period…. so either works 😀

alex
alex
January 6, 2012 5:57 am

The great thing would be if bob could pull a rick rude and appear on both stations at the same time. 🙂

Ami Angelwings
January 6, 2012 9:09 am

Alex, now I’m imagining Bruce Arthur running in during PTS and hitting Damien Cox over the head with a chair and challenging him to a cage match for Bob’s 2nd co-host chair. xD

Alex
Alex
January 6, 2012 4:36 pm

“What the hell? He doesn’t even work here.”

robg
robg
January 6, 2012 4:52 pm

Daver, you’re right! My bad.

January 6, 2012 5:10 pm

from Dowbiggin: Bob on ESPN people being told not to appear on the FAN: “I know a couple of them who refuse to do TSN rather than be told who they can talk to,” McCown says. “Maybe we need to start telling Blue Jays guys like [general manager] Alex Anthopoulos that they can’t appear on TSN. [Rogers owns the Blue Jays.] I’m tired of being bullied.”

Can anyone think of an ESPN person who used to appear on the FAN who is now not appearing anymore? Sounds like Bob might have made this up — Shulman, Law, Munson etc all appear regularly on TSN. The only one i think might never have been on TSN is Mark Fainaru-Wada.

alex
alex
January 6, 2012 5:48 pm

I dont know if its the same with tsn, but in the us, espn employees cant go on a rival station if there is an espn radio affiliate in that market. Its a rare instance where its allowed, usually becuz the show or host has another espn relatipnship.

For example, when kornheiser was not on 980, he had to get special permission to have jaws or tirico on his show and it only.happened b/c tony was on pti and mnf.

Ami Angelwings
January 6, 2012 10:51 pm

Bob said “a couple” so technically he needs is two to not be making it up. Mark Fainaru-Wada could be one…

I don’t know all the ESPN guys nor do I know who shows up on TSN xD But 2 ESPN guys not doing it isn’t that outrageous is it? o: