Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

The 18th hole at Kapalua’s Plantation course, site of the PGA’s opening tournament of the 2012 season beginning today, the Hyundai Tournament of Champions.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN tonight, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown from 4-7pm:

4:00 – John Farrell, Blue Jays manager in studio for the hour
5:00 – Roundtable through 7pm, with McCown, John Shannon, David Shoalts, and Jamie Campbell

On TSN Radio 1050, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski from 4-7pm. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

415 – Orlando Franklin (OL, Denver Broncos – from Toronto)
430 – Kevin O’Leary (Redemption Inc.)
500 – Fab 5
530 – Danny Watkins (OL, Philadelphia Eagles – 1st round pick/Canadian)
545 – Darren Dreger (TSN Hockey Insider)
600 – Clarke MacArthur (forward, Toronto Maple Leafs)
620 – Brian Cooper (TSN 1050 Business Analyst and S&E Sponsorship Group)
630 – Bruce Arthur (National Post and TSN 1050)

Tonight on Sportsline:

Is Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke correct — is the NHL polluted by rats? Will Sidney Crosby sit out the rest of the season, we breakdown the NFL’s wildcard weekend and the Toronto Marlies attempt to top Shea Weber’s recent ‘trick’ shot! Join Mark Hebscher & Bubba O’Neil, tonight at 7 on CHCH.

Alex
Alex
January 6, 2012 5:02 pm

well, some fresh blood

I guess it’s baseball day on PTS, with Farrell on for 2 segments and Jamie Campbell on the roundtable.

Darren
Darren
January 6, 2012 5:22 pm

Bora
Bora
January 6, 2012 5:55 pm

“There is not an uglier human being to walk the face of the earth then David Shoalts!! NOT ONE.”

That’s a pretty low blow. I’d prefer to judge his talents or lack of rather than his looks.
I think the roundtables are getting worse and worse. 5 days of Shannon is 4 days too much.

Darren
Darren
January 6, 2012 7:11 pm

You judge how you want and I will by how I want. That ugly prick brings NOTHING to any discussion every INCLUDING HOCKEY. He for some reason is as smug as they come, thinks he’s a comedian when he is NOT funny!! Stick him back in Phoenix covering the Coyotes moving. This was the worst round table ever. It was embarrassing listening to those 4 even attempt to talk football playoffs. They couldn’t even name the only team the Bengals had beat this year with an above 500 winning % which was Tennessee @ the time.

January 6, 2012 9:40 pm

Bora + 1

AyeEye
AyeEye
January 6, 2012 9:51 pm

Darren, I’m afraid it’s you that’s the ugliest human being…and it has nothing to do with how you look

mario
mario
January 6, 2012 10:28 pm

You would think with all the negitve comments about Rogers/Fan that no one would be listening or watching…yet there ratings are kicking TSN…and very little said at all good or bad about TSN so I guess not to many listening..

alex
alex
January 6, 2012 10:33 pm

I wouldisten to more tsn if they would just pocast their showd.

Ami Angelwings
January 6, 2012 10:46 pm

What’s wrong with Shoalts? o_O

I don’t find him physically unattractive. And I find him kinda cute personality wise except he’s all anti-technology xD He’s a loveable absent minded grump!

I love when he complains about traffic and Brunt and Bob tease him xD

Aye Eye
Aye Eye
January 6, 2012 11:29 pm

Is Darren related to the guy who runs this site? How is it okay for him to say the things he does about Shoalts, but it’s not okay to say he’s uglier…and it has nothing to do with the way he looks? That’s what you might call censorship, a topic that this site encourages. To its everlasting shame. There’s no need to protect someone who would say what he said.

Ami Angelwings
January 7, 2012 3:42 am

Ow, ppl weren’t kidding when they ripped the football roundtable… I love how they admit right off the bat they have no idea what they’re talking about too xD

Also the discussion there was a perfect example of what’s been bugging me in a lot of discussions about Tim Tebow. I don’t understand the cognitive dissonance ppl show when they can talk about other teams and how they win or lose as a team, and their defense and etc, but it’s like the Broncos are the Denver Tebows, and it’s whether “Tebow wins” or “will Tebow lose” and “when he won 6 in a row…” But in the very next sentence, Bob says that Ben Roethlisberger’s wins come b/c of his team’s defense, and that QBs shoudln’t be credited with wins and it’s the team that wins. Shannon, who for the past few weeks has been raving about how Tebow wins, countered Bob’s assertion that Rivers had a bad season by blaming the team and saying Rivers played well. But when it comes to the Tebows, Tim gets credit for everything the Denver Tebows accomplish. -_-

I mean this narrative has been bugging me for a while but the cognitive dissonance where Bob is talking about how Tebow wins, and then how QBs shouldn’t be credited with team wins is… just… boggling xD

Ami Angelwings
January 7, 2012 4:24 am

There’s an occam’s razor problem with Shannon’s logic. If fighting fills buildings (his words “you’d fill the building”) including in Long Island, Phoenix, etc… then why haven’t they done it? I know Shannon and Shoalt’s explanation is Bettman wouldn’t allow it. But why not? Bettman is trying desperately to save various teams from moving, especially Phoenix. The owners have sunk like 200 million in the team or so, and they can’t find an owner willing to keep it in Glendale. If fighting can fill that building, and Nassau and the BankAtlantic Center, and etc etc etc… and all of the buildings in the league would be filled… why would he NOT do it? Phoenix wouldn’t have to move, the southern expansion would be a success and Long Island would be doing great!

Ami Angelwings
January 7, 2012 4:28 am

Also it’s not like fighting is HARD to watch these days. Why would you pay the price of an NHL ticket to go watch a game you care nothing about and occasionally there’s a fight (I suppose Shannon’s plan would have a line brawl every period) when you can watch UFC, or boxing, or go to a bar and watch ppl beat each other up, or watch fights on youtube, or etc etc… you get unadulterated fighting without the weird ice game you don’t like and it’s probably cheaper (or more bang for your buck if you see a live UFC event). >_>

I wonder if Shannon thinks all the WNBA needs is fighting too xD Then the buildings would be FILLED!

January 7, 2012 10:09 am

the NHLPA and NHL statements on why realignment was scrapped are pretty ominous. lots of accusatory and hostile language.

one question: the league claimed all along that they didn’t need the players’ consent, so why are they now blaming the players for the cancelation?

conspiracy theory: the league didn’t want to realign until PHX is moved, so they came up with a proposal the union would reject, so they could blame the players and win a PR battle going in to a CBA off-season.

Dave
Dave
January 7, 2012 4:15 pm

great story in the red star today about the russian hockey league. anyone else see it? thoughts? i wonder why more papers aren’t spending money to go get those kinds of stories. do we really need 10 papers covering the leafs home games and practises? I liked picking up the paper and seeing something different like that.
and if you haven’t seen it, you should. cherapanov was left dead on the pavement for people to take pictures of? ohmygod!

Alex
Alex
January 7, 2012 4:23 pm

tangentially, there was a good article in the last sportsnet mag about the Lokomotiv crash.

Ami Angelwings
January 7, 2012 5:44 pm

Yes, it was amazing and very moving. 🙁 I cried a little during it. ;-;

Darren
Darren
January 7, 2012 6:00 pm

AYE EYE!! Aw, did I hurt your feelings? Are you related to Shoalts? I call it like I see it, file your complaint under nobody gives a shit!!

Bora
Bora
January 9, 2012 2:04 pm

@Dave
Yes it was a great story in the Star on Saturday about the KHL and I remember reading one also about the KHL last year written by Westhead. Unfortunately today they have a fluff piece by Feschuk on Peddie. Really who gives a f? what he’s going to be doing now, I’m sure every sports fan was dying to know.