Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

Talking foootbal with Greg Brady solo

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

TBA

Steve from Waterloo
Steve from Waterloo
January 9, 2012 10:25 am

Just got to say it, and I will say it here because there is an article by Myrtle in the Globe about NHLPA losing PR battle already due to their opposition to the realignment proposal.

I must say, it ticked me off. I am mad at the NHLPA over this.

I don’t care if it is posturing or if their opposition is real, I liked the plan and the variety that it would bring to me the fan.

Posture all you want, I discovered during the last strike that there are a whole lot of things to do besides going to, or watching an NHL hockey game.

Back to watching the same teams 18 times a year….

Brad
Brad
January 9, 2012 11:40 am

I just don’t get AA’s moves:(
$4 million on 41 year old Darren Oliver?!?!?!
41!
The Jays have finally signed the player that’s going to fill the Rogers Centre!!!..AWESOME!!

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

Yes, I have read his stats since 2007, the point is, he is 41.

I just don’t get it:(

MEDIAJOE
MEDIAJOE
January 9, 2012 12:48 pm

Lang & Farwell last week were actually tolerable during some segments of the FAN morning show, certainly not completely un-listenable like Greg Brady.

I was hoping Brady had gone back to Detroit but guess that won’t be happening because he was already fired there.

Bora
Bora
January 9, 2012 2:12 pm

I don’t like the signing of Oliver either and at 41 sure isn’t part of the future. Looking at the available free agent relievers there are a few who I’m sure could to do the same job for less money and who are younger.
The way to fix the NHL alignment is to leave it at 8 teams making the playoffs no matter which division. I don’t understand why they want it at 4 playoff teams from each division. It still wouldn’t fix the problem of one conference having 8 teams out of 14 making the playoffs and the other 8 of 16 but it would prevent teams with less points in one division making the playoffs ahead of the 5-6 placed team in the other division that has more points not making it.

January 9, 2012 3:10 pm

It’s not really worth getting too worked up about the Oliver signing one way or the other. $4 million, one year deal for a left handed reliever with a 2.29 ERA last year? It all sounds about right. The bullpen needed help, and he’s been very good the last three years.

He can always be dealt midseason, if the Jays fall out of it, too.

itchy butt
itchy butt
January 9, 2012 7:23 pm

I’m sure Oliver will offer more than that goon Burke signed for $4M. Didn’t hear any whining about that.

Oh, forgot…..Leafs RULE!