Ask The Toronto Sports Media MSMer

By TSM

Trying a new feature here, so let’s see how it goes. Every week I will be asking you to submit a couple of questions to a different MSMer. I will send that person an email with the best couple of questions and TRY to get a response from him or her. Please keep in mind that they won’t be able to answer certain questions and I will be picking from those submitted to send to the specific person. At the end of your submission please let me know which MSMer you would like to see answer the following week.

So, Robert Gray, the Program Director TSN Radio has agreed to kick things off with this new trial plan.

So, please send me questions you would like him to answer, and also let me know who you would like to see me try to land for next week.

Jonah

Sam in Oshawa
January 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Rob, Dan Shulman is the best sports broadcaster to come out of this market,i know he has a busy schedule with baseball and basketball my question is what kind of offer would it take to drop the crazy travel keep him in T.O. on TSN radio? say 4.00pm to 7.00pm or whatever you can come up with,thanks…

itchy butt
itchy butt
January 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Even I can answer that one. Why would Shulman drop a prestigious job for a crappy radio gig on a station no one listens to?

Sam in Oshawa
January 17, 2012 3:47 pm

sorry for asking such a stupid question IB just trying to start it off with somthing that i am interested in,not even expecting it to be passed on,will now deffer to your imense wisdom and insight.TSM please srike my question…

Ben
Ben
January 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Does TSN plan to grow programming in behind-the-scene or player profile? ESPN does a good job of producing sports programming in a entertainment/documentary format, what prvents TSN from doing the same?

January 17, 2012 4:11 pm

great new feature TSM – i hope it takes off. Also, it’s great that Rob Gray has agreed to do this. I don’t see why you would limit it to “a couple” of “the best” questions though. why not send along all the reasonable question? leave up to him to decide which ones to answer.

one obvious question would be: does the new Bell/Rogers partnership on all things Leafs/Raptors/TFC change the dynamic of the ratings battle between TSN Radio and the FAN?

a second question: do you think having exclusivity with respect to certain guests is a good thing? are you opposed to having TSN personalities appear on the FAN?

Dave in Bolton
Dave in Bolton
January 17, 2012 4:29 pm

I would like to know if their any truth to the rumour that Bell/TSN is intrested in buying the am 640 signal and moving TSN radio down the dial

Justorbs
Justorbs
January 17, 2012 5:15 pm

One thing I’d like to know:

What is TSN Radio planning for the arrival of the Leafs to their airwaves next season?

lagerandale
lagerandale
January 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Is it possible that TSN radio underestimated how hard it would be to break into a market already represented by an all sports radio station? And if so is there anything you would have done differently?

TSM- I for one would like the opportunity to ask a print guy, maybe Blair or someone like, the challenges facing newspapers today.

Alex
Alex
January 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Why did it take so long for tsn radio to do full podcasts of their shows?

Capn2patch
Capn2patch
January 17, 2012 10:08 pm

What I would like to know is what is your vision concerning content and the presentation of that content for TSN Radio in Toronto?

Mike
Mike
January 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Rob

Any truth to the rumor that was reported by longtime Toronto Radio Personality Fred Patterson that TSN Radio 1050 is looking to switch bands to 640? Also I really like the fact that you’ve given a huge MMA/Pro Wrestling show like LAW: Live Audio Wrestling with Dan “The Mouth” Lovranski Jason Agnew and John Pollock such a huge platform. As a longtime fan of the show I can honestly say TSN Radio 1050 is proving to be the best outlet for the brand……. One more question will you be bringing Steve Kouleas or Steve Ludzik in on a full time basis to co host with Bryan Hayes ?