Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

Something has to give tonight. Raps vs. Celts – both teams coming into this game on 5 game losing streaks.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN tonight from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Stephen Brunt co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Michael McCann, SI.com legal analyst
420 – Glenn Healy, HNIC
520 – Tom Tebbut, Tennis Canada
540 – Adam Rita, new coach of the Prague Panthers of the Austrian Football League
600 – Dr. Steven Novella, Yale University, on Sidney Crosby’s concussion issue
620 – Gregg Zaun, Sportsnet

On TSN Radio 1050, Cybulski & Co. from 4-7pm, with guest hosts Dan O’Toole & Jay Onrait:

430 – Cody Franson (Toronto Maple Leafs)
445 – Ryan Rishaug (TSN Edmonton Bureau)
500 – Fab 5
520 – Bob McKenzie (TSN Hockey Insider)
530 – Rob Murphy in studio (Toronto Argonauts)
600 – Darren Dreger (TSN Hockey Insider)
615 – Kate Beirness (Sportscentre)
630 – Aaron Ward (NHL on TSN Analyst)

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Panel discussion featuring Aaron Downie, Kelly Chase, Chad Brownlee and Alyonka Larionov

Tonight on Sportsline:

Has the ‘Battle of Ontario’ between the Sens & Leafs found life again, should NHL players be mandated to wear helmets at all times, has Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco been rattled by his own teammate and will Steve Nash leave the Suns for the Knicks?
Join Mark Hebscher & Bubba O’Neil tonight at 7, on CHCH.

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
January 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Wow what an interview on PTS with a Dr.Novella debunking sid the kids new treatment,great radio and BOBs facial expression when the Dr. started was priceless…

January 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Since we’ve had kind of an on going dialogue about the Jays situation on here, I thought I’d link to Bruce Arthur’s take on the situation:

Bang on in my opinion.

Alex
Alex
January 19, 2012 1:30 am

Beeston is going to be on with Blair tomorrow at 11.

January 19, 2012 3:49 am

Looking forward to hearing that. I don’t understand why Beeston has been so quiet all offseason. He’s really been leaving AA out to dry, in my opinion.

It should be the president’s job to answer payroll questions, no? Beeston should have been the one putting out these fires all offseason. That’s part of his job. AA’s priority is to make the team better – not try to explain Rogers payroll choices to the fans.

itchy butt
itchy butt
January 19, 2012 5:14 am

itchy butt
itchy butt
January 19, 2012 6:35 am

Listening to the Novella interview. I’ll take the words of a Yale neurologist over a quack with a weekend certificate any day. Crosby better be careful.

January 19, 2012 7:52 am

Itchy: Nice piece by Arthur. Much more rational than the `they should be throwing money at anybody” mentality that seems so prevalent.

I can’t see where Arthur says they shouldn’t be making offers to top level free agents. He just says Rogers should take the blame for the lack of payroll, not AA.

Daniel is right: the way Rogers has allowed AA to twist in the wind this off-season has been shameful. He’s not responsible for setting the payroll, yet he keeps having to go out there and spout off how “the money will be there for the right player.” I’m willing to bet he inquired if Fielder money would be available and was either formally or informally rebuffed. I no longer believe that Rogers is willing to spend even $100 million on the major league payroll. There’s just no evidence to support that theory.

January 19, 2012 7:53 am

fucking tags …. how do they work?

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
January 19, 2012 8:45 am

How is AA twisting,as the GM he is probably in agreement with Rogers to have a self imposed cap and build his team and system from the ground up.Beeston has stayed quiet and so he should,GMs handle the money that they are given in every sport he is no different,he does not get a pass on this as some in the MSM and elsewhere would like.Spend the money,make your moves and if they dont pan out he will be gone.I have a problem with the mindset from AA and Beeston that the fans are to be challenged on loyalty as it relates to bums in the seats.Put a winner ont he field and the fans will show,the average person has to also work with a budget its called life…

January 19, 2012 1:44 pm

“as the GM he is probably in agreement with Rogers to have a self imposed cap”

“I no longer believe that Rogers is willing to spend even $100 million on the major league payroll. There’s just no evidence to support that theory””

Well, to be fair, the payroll was pretty close to 100 million from 06 to 08. Don’t have the exact numbers in front of me, but it was getting there. Their attendance has only been in the low 20ks the last couple years. If they win and draw more, I do buy the higher payroll thing. But yeah, I totally agree with you on everything else.

Ami Angelwings
January 20, 2012 1:30 am

““as the GM he is probably in agreement with Rogers to have a self imposed cap”

Why on Earth would a GM say ‘yeah, please give me payroll restrictions and make my job harder’? He’s given payroll parameters, he works within them.”

I think that the implication is that he was CHOSEN because he was in agreement (or okay with giving agreement) with the cap (if there is one).

Ami Angelwings
January 20, 2012 1:31 am

Anybody get the feeling Bob didn’t really agree with the doctor that chiropractic neuropathy worked? I got a “you scientists don’t know everything” feel about the interview, especially at first. I know Bob got his knee lasered, and that cold lasering of knees is still a controversial issue in the medical establishment and I wonder if Bob is about defensive about alternative treatments?

January 20, 2012 8:28 am

glad you brought that up Ami. i just listened to that interview last night, and my impression was that Bob was just surprised by the language the doctor was using. It’s not often that you’ll get someone to call something “pseudo-science” “quackery” “superstition” and my personal favourite “not evidence-based science”. I think Bob’s questions were aimed at providing some balance to the interview, since Brunt seemed pretty happy to pile on. In any case, it was a great listen and pretty good example of why PTS can still be excellent when it wants to be.