Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

TBA

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

7:00am Dave Naylor

7:15am Jonas Siegel

7:30am Pierre McGuire

8:00am Darren Dreger

8:15am Jack Armstrong

8:30am Toronto Argonauts Offensive Lineman Joe Eppele

Pudge72
Pudge72
January 26, 2012 10:33 am

Can someone answer this…what is the point of having Mike Farwell in studio with Brady/Lang? He doesn’t contribute much from a quantity or quality standpoint. I missed when he was trotted out the first time so an explaination would be very much appreciated.

Brad
Brad
January 26, 2012 11:31 am

I’ve wanted to know this too..he doesn’t bring a thing to the show…maybe he’s the guy the puts all the toys on display on their table?…lol

Brad
Brad
January 26, 2012 11:32 am

typo error:..that puts

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
January 26, 2012 3:46 pm

First comment about how bad farwell is..
People just ignore how bad he is
In the same group as blair,shannon, cox & mallard we just seem to accept it

Julian
Julian
January 26, 2012 6:38 pm

I find Farwell more insightful in less words than Jim Lang. I’m never sure where Lang is going with a point, and admittedly he’s lost when Brady doesn’t do a good job of leading him somewhere, and the show needs someone else in there period when Brady isn’t there. Not sure why that isn’t done.

It’s good leverage though if Lang ever asked for more money. I think you slide Farwell right in and presto, you miss nothing. Maybe management already has that sense. I won’t lie, it is odd. I had heard that Sportsnet on the TV side had pushed for one of their females to be the new update anchor, but there just wasn’t a fit. A cute female on the set wouldn’t hurt. McCown’s show is already a total sausage factory, not that the ratings are suffering for either, from all accounts. I never disagree when people say both shows on 590 could be improved, but right now TSN Radio is giving them zero challenge whatsoever, and are making far less per radio ad.

The Fan’s making good money and TSN on the radio side is losing it. Lots of it.

January 26, 2012 9:19 pm

I believe Farwell worked at 570 in Kitchener when Don Kollins was program director there so that is a big reason why he was brought to 590 by Kollins

I agree it is a bit strange that Farwell has not been talked about at all in any of the comments on this site since he was hired by 590……………..while it is true he is not an official co-host he does play a pretty big role on that morning show, especially when Brady or Lang are away

cam
cam
January 27, 2012 11:20 am

Julian – Great to see you back. Don’t always agree with your opinions but really enjoy reading them!

Given your insight, what would you do to change TSN’s fortunes?

January 28, 2012 2:41 am

It’s true Julian..

I think Lang’s fine as someone for Brady to basically bounce stuff off, but Brady is 100% what makes that show work. You could bill it as ‘The Greg Brady Show’ and not really have to change anything.