Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

Interesting story today regarding Jose Bautista, who has been tested 16 times by MLB over the last two seasons. While that is more often than most ball players, it pales in comparison to Albert Pujols, who reportedly has been tested 30 times over the same time frame.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown:

400 – David Shoalts, Globe & Mail
420 – Gregg Zaun, Sportsnet baseball analyst
500 – Denis Potvin, Ottawa Senators broadcast color analyst
520 – Duane Casey, Raptors coach
540 – Michael Boone, Montreal Gazette columnist
600 – Darren Rovell, CNBC
620 – Anne Merklinger, new CEO of Own the Podium
640 – Stephen Brunt, Sportsnet columnist

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co. with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

Orlando Franklin, Broncos OT IN STUDIO
Jay Alou, agent for Jose Bautista
Bob McKenzie
Marc Stein, ESPN.com
Ed Stefanski, Raps VP of Basketball Ops
Darren Dreger
Ariel Helwani

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg (live from Ottawa):

Claude Giroux
Panel featuring: Anson Carter, Jamie McLennan, Alyonka Larionov

Tonight on Sportsline:

Are changes needed for the NHL’s All-Star Draft process, after an emotional win in Utah have the Raptors come together as a team, will the AHL’s Bulldogs leave Hamilton for the province of Quebec and is Maria Sharapova ready to be the number 1 women’s tennis player in the world? Join Mark Hebscher & Bubba O’Neil tonight at 7, on CHCH.

Alex
Alex
January 27, 2012 3:40 am

Amazing they could not find a co-host for bob. Or one that bob wanted, which might be more likely.

Just wondring: when was the last time had a female co-host for a day? I know there’s a woman whose name i dont recall who every so often does the roundtabe.

And who will be left friday for the roundtable? Im predicting perkins, kirk and shoats.

kyle
kyle
January 27, 2012 7:16 am

Alex,
I wondered on Wed whether he’d have a female come in, but started running a list:
Hazel – either busy or in OTT
Christine Simpson – she was in OTT
Kathryn Humphries – busy at that time as well

Mary Ormsby is who you were thinking of; I like her, but she only seems to get on for stat holidays

lister
lister
January 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Can’t be Shoalts. He’s in Ottawa. I was going to guess Perkins, Kirk and Smitty until I just looked up the Raptors schedule. I can do without Perkins and Kirk but enjoy Smith (even though I hate basketball.) Maybe Leggatt or Ormsby?

I’d love to see Kathryn Humphries on a roundtable and would be very curious to see the result of a co-hosting gig.

January 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Maybe they will bring Grange out of the witness protection program and put him on the PTS roundtable this week…………..I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have heard Grange on 590 since he stopped being co-host on Blair’s show

Alex
Alex
January 27, 2012 4:01 pm

deacon, grange and PINBALL~!

January 27, 2012 4:07 pm

I guess I was right about Grange……………..I forgot about Deacon, which is easy to do because he is very forgettable……………..Pinball is a bit of a head scratcher, but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since he is a Friend Of Bob

dennes7
dennes7
January 27, 2012 4:13 pm

‘Maybe they will bring Grange out of the witness protection program”

MIKE S

Ummmmmmm….ehhhhhhhhh….ummmmmmmm….mmmmmmmmmm what uggghhh do you ughhhhhh mean, witness protection (ramble ramble) program”

M. Grange

Ami Angelwings
January 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Alex, you’re thinking of Mary Ormsby (whom I adore) 😀 She used to show up more in my memory but now she only seems to show up on stats 🙁

Gerry (Burlington)
Gerry (Burlington)
January 28, 2012 9:05 am

Have any of the baseball media here in T.O. asked MLB to confirm Jose’s story of being tested 16 times in 2 seasons? If it is true Damien Cox should write an article proclaiming Bautista’s innocence given his innuendo borderline slanderous article he penned awhile back.

Wouldn’t the MLB Players Union have something to say about one of their members seemingly being targeted?