Toronto Sports Media Top Sports MSMers

By TSM

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but the accounting firm of LT had many straggling votes and numerous hanging chads. So, without further a do here are the top 10-6 MSMers of the year as voted on by the MSMers themselves. Later this week I will to 5-1 and then the same for those voted on by you the TSM audience.

6. Don Cherry
7. Damien Cox
8. Ron McLean
9. Darren Dreger
10. Steve Simmons

And there you have it!

We had a record number of people vote, only a couple didn’t reply and yes some did reply that they didn’t want to be dragged into this silly little contest.

You can tell by #6 that I had nothing to do with the voting!

Happy Monday TSM

Josh
February 6, 2012 1:36 am

Steve Simmons, really? I can certainly see the other 4, but Simmons rubs me the wrong way. I’m a bit surprised Cox isn’t in the top 5.

I’d guess the McCown, Brunt and Arthur are among the top 5 then. I wonder who the other two are? Bob McKenzie maybe?

How do us readers vote? Is it too late?

Chris F.
Chris F.
February 6, 2012 1:43 am

Darren Dreger? Really?

I can kinda see Simmons but he’s more of an op-ed kind of guy but at least when he does something controversial there’s more basis for it than Don Cherry.

Ami Angelwings
February 6, 2012 2:15 am

How did Mclean make 8? -_o

I guess in terms of sports media based in Toronto, the field isn’t that large.

Alex
Alex
February 6, 2012 3:48 am

This is only talent, right? No “thing 1” and “thing 2” on the list?

Alex
Alex
February 6, 2012 3:52 am

I bet most us columnists could not use “incrementalism” in their column like arthur did tonight. Or not have taken out by their editors.

February 6, 2012 8:41 am

what does “top” mean for the purposes of this little poll? most influential? best? hardest working? most valuable?

Andrew
Andrew
February 6, 2012 10:19 am

Maybe I’m late to the party but I enjoy Simmons Sunday column. Every week the comments section is filled with the same spewing of hate for him. This makes me wonder about the gene pool we’re dealing with. You hate it but take the time to read it every week. Who’s the idiot in that equation.

Rome
Rome
February 7, 2012 12:03 am

None of these guys made my list. McLean has talent but the lack of Olympic CBC coverage and him sitting there with Cherry as Cherry says and does anything he wants takes some credibility. As for Cherry himself, I haven’t watched weekly Coach Corner in decades, i just don’t find anything of substance.

About a decade or so back I was a regular reader of Simmons (starting to have a pattern here actually) but nowadays it’s fallen down on my must read list. I could understand Damo being there, he is pretty high up as the local S disturber if that counts for anything, he has decent range as well. Didn’t make my list but I understand it.

Dreger on the other hand just threw me totally off. As a host or personality I just don’t get it how he made the list on any fashion, the others I will disagree but might understand but this was a total huh?

Alex
February 7, 2012 4:50 am

I’d love to see if Bobcat would mention the poll if he ended up winning. :>

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
February 7, 2012 8:49 am

Arthur,Grange,Simmons,Feschuck,Blair,Cox,Zeisberger,Brunt,Dave Hodge,BOB..

They bring it,BOB has to up his game.Solo in the studio,just him and the mike without all the talking heads once in awhile would be nice…