Monday morning sports radio lineup

By TSM

740 Pinball Clemons
820 Humble and Fred
840 Mats Sundin

itchy butt
itchy butt
February 13, 2012 6:47 am

Good friggin night…..don’t know which idiot it was this morning on 590, but did anyone hear the soliloquy he did on Matts Sundin? It was like a random thought generator on stun. I had no idea what he was talking about. Then again, neither did he!

Anyone else think Tim and Sid are heading for mornings?

Mike
Mike
February 13, 2012 6:51 am

Wouldnt mind hearing Tim and Sid on Mornings.. after almost a year of being at TSN Radio 1050 I still cant listen to Mike Richards… Guy isnt a viable option to the Fan morning show……. I do like the Fan giving Humble & Fred what appears to be a weekly appearence on Mondays on the morning show….

Sam
Sam
February 13, 2012 7:33 am

If Tim and Sid go to mornings, then Brady can go back to his original spot, away from the mornings he never wanted in the first place.

Brad
Brad
February 13, 2012 8:26 am

ABSOLUTELY NOT! to having Tim and Sid in the morning.
The Fan590 would become the joke of Toronto radio after ANOTHER change to the morning show. Not gonna happen!

Tim and Sid NEED to prove themselves on The Fan. Holy Hanah people, they have only been on the air for two months. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
February 13, 2012 8:57 am

Brad is right,morning radio is a time slot that has to be earned.The mistakes at 590 the last couple of years are obvious.Tim and Sid might be the answer,BUT.Brady and Lang are not the answer for mornings to switch now would be knee jerk.The only answer is BOB starts at 6:00am and ends his day at 6:00pm,allowing bathroom breaks and various co-hosts through-out the day.Problem solved check in the mail to me…p.s. no Cox or Shannon on my new format…

Roger
Roger
February 13, 2012 11:00 am

I guess I’m one of the few who like Brady. I don’t always agree with him and yes he loves the sound of his voice but at least he’s entertaining and informative. Unlike Brunt who just sits there and agrees with Bob (his over-used “there ya go” drives me nuts). Ed McMahon had nothing on him.

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
February 13, 2012 11:49 am

@ SAM IN OSHAWA ” morning radio is a time slot that has to be earned “….See Jeff Lumby & Andrew Krystal.

Ticky
Ticky
February 13, 2012 12:32 pm

@Sam in Oshawa
Quite the love affair you seem to have with Bob. Imagine how boring he would become over the span of 12 hours, not just the three he has to get through at the moment.

Darrell
Darrell
February 13, 2012 12:42 pm

What kind of name is Jeff “Lumby” (to be taken seriously?). LOL!

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
February 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Well Ticky i was hoping it wasn’t so obvious,i have been listening to BOB for as long as he has been on the air in T.O.and for the most part have enjoyed his broadcasts but lately he has gotten a little lazy,last week he lifted his game so i was back on the bandwagon.12hrs. was a joke aimed at some of the talent now on the air.Could not remember Krystal and Lumby’s names for previous post,wow what a nightmare that was rarely listen in the morning now.Brady said this morn. that Whitney H. deathwas a”tragety”his opinion but what utter trash.Over-indulgence is not tragic,it’s pathetic….

February 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Even though he makes me mad sometimes, I think Brady is great.

I believe Brady/Lang’s ratings are pretty strong and consistent, so I don’t think putting Tim and Sid in there would be considered.

Maybe if Tim and Sid become a huge hit. Or if McCown retires and Brady takes over PTS in a few years.

By the way I heard Sid on the roundtable. He was great. Fun chemistry with Bob and Brunt. Tim and Sid seems like a real nice move by The Fan (at least so far).

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
February 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Another Steve
Another Steve
February 13, 2012 2:35 pm

What’s a “tragety” and why would Brady use a word that doesn’t exist?

BECKS
BECKS
February 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Brady taking over for McCown?

Now there’s the big laugh of the day.

Tim & Sid in the mornings? Bring it! Brady is beyond retarded.

itchy butt
itchy butt
February 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Not sure how Brady or Lang “earned” the morning slot. They’re crap.

Claude Femetichuck
Claude Femetichuck
February 13, 2012 2:46 pm

So when will Robbers finally announce that they are moving Ashby to Tv with Buck, Zaun to radio with Jerry and giving the gas pipe to Tabler?

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
February 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Oops,spelling aside another steve do you get the gist of what i’m trying to say?if not sorry.They had no choice with Brady and Lang,Kollis f’d-up so badly with Krystal he went to plan {pick a number after one}.In my opinion he made a mistake by firing Mike Hogan,who in the present line-up outside of BOB is a better broadcaster than Hogan and he can talk about most sports without sounding like a f’ing idiot…

February 13, 2012 4:52 pm

I agree that Sid was an upgrade on the PTS roundtable, mainly because he didn’t steer the conversation into the ditch like some other people have done……………..but I don’t think he provided a ton of insight……………maybe he was a bit nervous…………….I wouldn’t be opposed to having him on again……………..however in my opinion there are already too many Rogers people on the PTS roundtable………….I would prefer to have at least two outside people (excluding Kirke) on each week like they used to do

February 13, 2012 5:20 pm

“Point I guess is 590 has been shall I say sub standard since whats his name was hired as PD. Voices whom should not be heard and there are many,shannon,blair,kirk,lang mallard…total ignore for weekends ..non paid interns,and awful paid programing eg.dreadful betting show Sunday mornings..And basically tanking June-September..The 5th largest radio market in North America deserves better.”

You’re obviously totally entitled to this opinion, but for what it’s worth, the ratings of the station have improved a fair bit since Kollins came in and fired Landry/Stellick and Hogan etc. Based on that, I imagine the station feels they’re in better shape than they were.