Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

8:00 Darren Dreger & James Mirtle

8:30 Dermontti Dawson

8:45 Jonas Siegel

alex
alex
February 15, 2012 5:35 am

Arthur has a really good column today on lin.

Roger
Roger
February 15, 2012 8:49 am

I had no idea Lin was the greatest basketball player of all time. At least that’s what the media is telling me.

Alex
February 15, 2012 8:51 am

I was hoping for a Toronto win for the quickest SI cover jinx ever.

Roger
Roger
February 15, 2012 8:58 am

I just read Arthur’s love letter to Lin. He’s such a pansy assed coward. The reason I say that is Arthur continually knocked Tebow all season despite getting the broncos into the playoffs and winning their first game – a team that had no hope of getting there before the season started.

I think you can easily compare these two athletes. Both are unique and interesting stories and both seem like good guys but isn’t it odd that Arthur hated Tebow’s rise to stardom but is giddy as a school girl over Lin’s popularity. Strange indeed.

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
February 15, 2012 9:43 am

Listening to Mike Babcock coach of the wings with Brady this morning wow,just won 21 staight at home and takes the time to talk about it.Polite easy going thoughtful no sarcasm or sneer in his voice,what a pro,thank’s Mike.Brady was thrown into mornings to soon before the market got to know him, having said that he has an opinion and voices it that’s what i like.i would prefer to hear him solo no co-host,he gets excited ok better than a mono tone idiot.I think he does a good job,Lang on the other hand has to go back to SN,not good enough to be on the air every-day.

David
David
February 15, 2012 2:14 pm

@ Roger: I haven’t read the column, but I think the lumping of Tebow and Lin together is really lazy. Lin’s personal statistics are record-breaking for the first 5 or 6 games in the league. He is a real underdog – released by a couple of teams, and only put in because the Knicks were low on healthy or effective bodies – and apparently Anthony convinced D’Antoni to ‘give the kid a shot’. He did not spend years being fawned over by at least 2 networks, discussed at great length around draft time and he went to a school that has zero athletic pedigree (sorry, Ryan Fitzpatrick)>

Yes, the Broncos won more than they lost after he took over, but Tebow’s personal numbers are awful (I think I read he finished the season ranked 27th amongst NFL QB’s). He’s a highly trained athlete who went to a football factory, won National titles, a Heisman and was a 1st round draft choice who had a legion of people (for numerous reasons, not all to do with sports) clamouring for him to start from the day he was selected.

The only real similarities are their team’s success and their regular habit of being open about their religious beliefs.

Pudge72
Pudge72
February 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Tebow finished ranked 27th?!?! That HIGH?!?! I feel sorry for the teams that have the QB’s ranked 28 – 32. 🙂

Roger
Roger
February 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Judging Lin’s talents after 5 b-ball games is like judging a QB’s talent after a half of a game. At least TT got in ost of a season.

I like Lin but let’s not hail him the new King. With Lin, the media has been 100% positive – with Tebow it was 50/50 at best.

The big difference is money (once again). Lin will sell jerseys in the far east. Over there, they have no idea what a football or a QB is.

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
February 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Tebow or Lin nice stories for both kids,personal stats who cares it’s all about winning{V.L.}Blair thought it was okay for raps fans to cheer for Lin,that sucks as a fan it’s all about the home team,maybe not in T.O. where the bar is so low for pro teams fans have to cheer for the visiting team.

itchy butt
itchy butt
February 15, 2012 6:08 pm

I was at the game. He shut me up in a hurry. The kid has talent.

Who cares if it lasts 10 games or a hundred? It’s a great story, and the kid seems pretty genuine. After all the shitty sports stories we get it’s nice to see something like this.

I won’t hold his Jeezo-love against him.

February 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Well, regarding cheering for Lin – I guess that is a bit lame in a way. Doubt you’d see it in Boston or LA.

BUT, on the other hand, this IS kind of a weird year for the Raps. Like – I’m basically rooting for them to lose and get a high draft pick anyway. If the Raptors were a team actually gunning for the playoffs, I bet we wouldn’t have heard so many cheers for Lin.

Ami Angelwings
February 16, 2012 2:03 am

Lin can play. He’s not going to be a superstar every night, but is 10 pts and 11 assists (what he had today) really that unrealistic? -_- In a way, Mayweather is right, if he wasn’t Asian ppl wouldn’t be expecting him to “come back down to Earth” (he’s wrong in that it’s not a big deal, it’s still a big deal cuz he set a record for most points in the first 5 starts, and he’s been sinking clutch shots). But it still really bugs me how people are acting like this is Air Bud or some Disney movie where a child or animal plays basketball. He isn’t Rudy, he’s a basketball player, he’s been a basketball player most of his life, he was a skilled basketball player throughout his HS and college career, is it that surprising he’s a good NBA player?

Johannes Gutenberg