Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

8:00 Darren Dreger & Steve Simmons

8:15 Toronto Rock Cheerleaders

8:45 Warren Cromartie

Darrell
Darrell
February 17, 2012 1:54 pm

The “Guess the State” segments on Brady & Lang are UTTERLY BORING!!! Does anyone else not see that?

February 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Last week it was Sid on the PTS roundtable…………..apparently this week it will be Tim………………it will be an all Rogers roundtable because the other members will be McCown, Brunt and Shannon

Alex
February 17, 2012 4:11 pm

let’s enjoy our last day of brunt and not obsess about Shannon, unless he does bad math or complains about his burger.

Ami Angelwings
February 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Shouldn’t Shannon be locked away in the Hockey Central offices with the rest of the other puckheads for the pre-pre-pre-pre-etc trade deadline day shows? xD

Julian
Julian
February 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Darrell,

Yeah, have heard it 3-4 times. Sometimes it’s better than others. This morning was very funny, advertising on outside of a school bus including the Houston Astros. Brady or Blair did mention how cool it would have been to be in Grade 3 and riding on a “Houston Astros bus”.

Strikes me as a 90 second throwaway segment at end of show or end of hour. You’ve already noted you can’t stand the show before or most FAN shows. Picking at this is like suggesting “The Moment Of Zen” absolutely ruins Jon Stewart’s “Daily Show”. But as the kids say, annoyingly so, haters gonna hate!

I personally thought Mike Farwell was great with Brady this week. I’ve finally decided I’m for sure not a Lange guy. I can’t take his attempts to be knowledgable about things he simply isn’t. He either states the obvious and then when he works himself into a corner, he just mutters and then stews quietly. I just don’t think he truly understands or has an idea of why he’s there.

I’m the first guy to note Brady’s flaws, but this week he reminded me of McCown when he has Brunt, and I liked it a lot. It’s quite possible that Jim Lang is Brady’s John Shannon, and that those who liked Brady solo are just finding he’s having a tough time coping being saddled with Jim Lang. Maybe it’s as tough to find a “great sidekick” as it is a “great host”. Is that possible? Maybe it’s me. I mean, the dread for when Shannon or Cox is with McCown is reaching obsessive levels on the boards here. I am not complaining, it’s fun and interesting especially the idiotic or annoying examples. Just writing “Shannon sucks” or “McCown’s old” or “Brady is terrible” adds so little.

I didn’t hear the new local 1050 TSN show today. Did anyone?

February 17, 2012 5:14 pm

The local 1050 show doesn’t start until Monday…………….they still had Dan Patrick on today

Darrell
Darrell
February 17, 2012 5:16 pm

@ Julian – I am not a Brady or a Lang guy; but yah Fairwell was pretty good this week.