Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

720 Eric Francis
740 Arash Madani
820 Dwane Casey
840 Peter DeBoer

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

7:15am Jonas Siegel

7:30am Pierre McGuire

8:00am Darren Dreger & Steve Simmons

8:30am Dan Shulman

8:45am Chico Resch

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
February 21, 2012 8:55 am

Good to hear Mke Hogan Mon. morning,James Mirtle was also very good on TSN.Still in shock over PTS Mon. roundtable,sorry it was just terrible…

Alex
February 21, 2012 9:14 am

I must still be alseep. Cherry on with Blair?

BECKS
BECKS
February 21, 2012 10:16 am

WTF is up with HockeyCentral aaaagain yesterday these clowns come on the air and completely ignore the Toronto Maple Leafs for the entire show??????? Whoever the idiot is at Sportsnet who is responsible for making the show topic decisions for HockeyCentral should be shown the door straight up disrespectfull to pull this crap in Leafs town Toronto.

TSM why is the site always freezing up and slow surfing from page to page?

February 21, 2012 11:24 am

Yes…………..Cherry was on Blair’s show today…………I was pretty surprised given the fact that Blair has trashed Cherry on numerous occasions over the last 18 months and obviously doesn’t have much respect for Cherry……………but I guess he felt he needed a very high profile guest to go up against the local mid-morning show on 1050 that is just starting up……………..seems pretty hypocritical to me

Alex
February 21, 2012 11:41 am

I’d assume Cherry only came on to plug his new movie. And he likely doesn’t turn down chances to rip Ovechkin.

February 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Generally I don’t like Cox or Shannon much on PTS, but I actually thought the roundtable was fine last night. Not as good as Friday, but not terrible.

Ami Angelwings
February 21, 2012 4:15 pm

I was surprised to hear that Cherry was going to be on with Blair o_o Does Cherry know the stuff Blair has said about him?

I suppose Blair isn’t in Bob territory where he can decide who can come on his show…

Sam In Scarb
Sam In Scarb
February 21, 2012 4:34 pm

@ AMI one would be surprised if Cherry even knows whom ahh hunmm bblair is…………..
With others I turned off fan/590 from 9-12 long ago
Overnite radio in North bay would not even hire a person whom ahhh humm studders and takes 25 seconds to ask no question at all to a guest.

Pudge72
Pudge72
February 21, 2012 5:52 pm

‘Becks’…I’ve noticed the same problem surfing on this site for months (i.e. it takes up to 10 seconds once you are on the main page for a link to be accessible), but just thought that the problem was my laptop.

On your Leafs point, as a non-Leafs fan, all I can say is that (respectfully) I am in complete disagreement with your stance. I find it refreshing when the Fan and/or TSNR gives the Leafs ‘non-stop speculation about anything remotely associated with the team’ chatter a rest for an hour or so. That leads me to my next point…

I caught a fair bit of the new TSN 9-noon show with the new guy (sorry, his name escapes me at the moment) today. My previously posted fears of “all Leafs, all the time” were (at least for today) unfounded. Yes, there was some Leafs talk (perfectly legit at this point of the season, with a game tonight), but I also caught a Winnipeg Jets segment and an interview with a Canadian bobsledder. All in all, I found the show to be well balanced and well orchestrated by the gentleman (whose only ‘fault’ is that he sounds too similar to Brian Hayes for me to distinguish them in a vocal line-up). He displayed an even handed, direct interview style that I appreciated. He will have my ear a good deal of time in the future, except when Blair is doing baseball talk that does not involve listener calls.

BECKS
BECKS
February 21, 2012 6:17 pm

For the 2nd straight day in a row and even with a Leafs game on Sportsnet tonight there was no Leafs talk on Hockeycentral. The closest they came was an interview with Devils analyst Chico Resh talking about…the Devils! I never said i wanted all Leafs talk all the time but to completely ignore the Leafs for 2 days in a row in Toronto and when there’s a game on that night at home straight up sucks and is wrong, and it happens far too often on Hockeycentral.

itchy butt
itchy butt
February 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Why would they talk Leafs after that piss poor showing on the weekend?

Ticky
Ticky
February 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Or the piss-poor showing tonight.