Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown:

400 – 500 Phones
500 – 700 Roundtable with Elliotte Friedman, Tom Wright, and Mike Zeisberger

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

405 – Marc Crawford (TSN Hockey Analyst)
430 – Matthew Lombardi (forward, Toronto Maple Leafs)
445 – Gilbert Gottfried (Comedian)
500 – Fab 5
520 – Lance Gibson (MMA trainer and former competitor) previewing UFC 144: Japan
530 – Bob McKenzie (TSN Hockey Insider)
600 – Jonas Siegel (TSN 1050 Leafs Reporter)
615 – Darren Dreger (TSN Hockey Insider)
630 – Dan Shulman (ESPN Baseball Commentator/Analyst)

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Dean Lombardi, L.A. Kings GM
Gary Payton
Alyonka Larionov

Tonight on Sportsline:

Who is to blame for the Maple Leafs demise, are the Vancouver Canucks the best team in the NHL, did Miami’s ‘Big 3’ prove that Jeremy Lin can’t take the Heat and is a disaster waiting for Danica Patrick at Daytona? Join Hebsy & Bubba, tonight at 7 on CHCH!

February 24, 2012 5:36 pm

McCown seems to be rather fond of Sam & Ted……………each of them have been on the PTS roundtable recently…………..both of them were on the first segment of PTS yesterday……………and McCown spent time with them on the last segment of their show today

Alex
February 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Such an odd roundtable (although a nice surprise).

Shannon was on the Blair show this morning and was claiming a flu bug, so maybe someone (Tom Wright?) was a late substitute.

BECKS
BECKS
February 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Bobcat’s BBQ of Sam & Ted on Thursday had me in stiches. LOL

It was classic Bob who is the best in the business because he has more of a flair for entertainment tells it like it is asks questions his audience might want to hear and makes fun of everyone.

3 out of 5 days this week Hockeycentral ignored the Leafs for the entire show including again today right after a game the previous night. Not impressed.

Ami Angelwings
February 25, 2012 4:03 am

Why the hell are most of the men in the new Sportsnet “beautiful athletes” edition dressed!? -_- Either this is about beautiful athletes looking tough in clothes (and therefore should apply to the women too) or I get to see Tom Brady without his f-ing shirt on. Tom Brady in a collared shirt != Danica Patrick in a bikini laying on a car >:| Even more ridic, Jon Jones is wearing a jacket!

February 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Sam& Ted to Bob: do you ever listen back to your shows?
Bob: never. you can just tell if the show is good.
The Audience: Bob should either reconsider his policy or retune his notion of what counts as a good show.

itchy butt
itchy butt
February 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Danica Patrick ain’t that hot?

Andrew
Andrew
February 25, 2012 4:23 pm

As a driver? She’s OK, but won’t have the weight advantage she had in IndyCar and like Thursday and today, she’s going to spend a lot of time in the wall this year. As a woman? I find tattoos a complete turn off, so that’s a problem. I know some people who dealt with her in IndyCar and she has the reputation of being difficult to deal with. In her defense, as a woman in a male dominated sport, she likely needs to be that way. If she carried herself like Lady Gaga, that would work very well for her. The other woman drivers in Indy Car( Simona de Silvestra, Ana Beatrix, Katherine Legge) don’t have nearly the profile and given the same equipment, would like out achieve her on the track. They, however, haven’t posed in any bikini ads yet.

Andrew
Andrew
February 25, 2012 4:32 pm

We need an edit button here. If she carried herself like Lady Gaga, that WOULDN’T work for her.

KK
KK
February 25, 2012 4:38 pm

@Becks – agreed. I thought Sam and Ted did a great job on the roundtable too. Hopefully they’ll be on more often going forward.

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
February 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Danica brings lots of money to the show,not a very good driver at the elite level but as far as looks,yup she revs my engine,she’s hot…

BECKS
BECKS
February 26, 2012 11:17 am

Hopefully Sam & Ted will take over the morning show i think it will happen it’s obvious they are a far better tandem than Brady & Lang..

The FAN 590’s amateur hours continue…who the hell is Rob Wong? At Sportsnet their talent theory seems to be if you can read news we can put you on the air one day as our sports expert hosting a sports talk show. lol

Media payback has already begun for Leafs blowhard GM Brian Burke’s radio comment calling the Toronto media “dirtbags!”. Simmons wrote an article saying JFJ was a better Leafs GM than Burkie. lol

Poor Ami she’s all hurt she didn’t get to see Tom Brady without his shirt on in Sportsnet’s mag. lol

Chef Mike in Burlington
February 26, 2012 11:28 am

Andrerw, you are on point, given equal equipment and track time, I am confident that the other woman drivers in Indy Car (Simona de Silvestra, Ana Beatrix, Katherine Legge) would easily equal Danica Patrick’s record.

February 26, 2012 12:05 pm

i don’t follow the Leafs very closely, but perhaps someone can answer the following question (or “throw it up on Twitter”):

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
February 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Women in racing bring money not talent,they are dangerous.BB is a legend in his own mind just ask him,start shinning the sticks maplebums golf just around the corner…

February 26, 2012 4:50 pm

“are the Leafs significantly closer to being a Stanley Cup contender after 4 years of Brian Burke than they were when he was hired?”

I haven’t followed the Leafs really closely in 7 or 8 years, and I’m definitely not a hockey expert, so feel free to correct anything I say that seems way off.

But it seems to me that they aren’t. And I say that because I don’t see a young core that looks to develop into an elite team. In the salary cap NHL, you can’t just fix things with FA.

I always felt as thought Burke should have done a full, tear it down to the rebuild. Fans would have been patient. And the draft is the best way to get young, elite level talent in their prime, correct?

Ami Angelwings
February 26, 2012 5:05 pm

“Sorry Ami, we guys are simple, and hot chicks sell stuff to us, even if they’re only Danica hot…”

First, don’t insult your gender -_- Secondly, I think you have my complaint confused. xD I’m not complaining that Danica, et al, are in swimsuits, I’m complaining that the men AREN’T!

JON JONES IS IN A FREAKING JACKET!

February 26, 2012 5:51 pm

well, i guess Damian thinks they are improved:

This is an improved team that has a good, if not great, group of young players and prospects.

i am SHOCKED that Damian would write something positive about Brian Burke amidst another losing season. Damian does go out of his way to call for the coach’s firing, while at the same time calling him a good coach. I’m not sure where that fits on Burke’s “the media hates our coach” scale …

/thoughts to those with family on the VIA Train

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
February 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Damian talks hockey,shut-up.Thanks Kyper…

BECKS
BECKS
February 26, 2012 8:50 pm

No the Leafs are no closer to winning the Cup vs the leagues best vs the Canucks and Bruins it’s a joke they are miles away.

Burke blew a perfect opportunity to come in and put the team in tank mode and build through the draft. Burke and his boyfriend Wilson should be fired. The team folds when the going gets tough. When the season was already over like last year the Leafs play better without real pressure = bad hockey team with no balls.

It was also just a matter of time until Burke got in a war with the media in Toronto.

Chef Mike in Burlington
February 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Trust me Ami, I know my gender very well, I’m not insulting my gender, its just who we are…we men are simpler beings, we are drvien by our stomach or our penis, and marketers have made BILLIONS exploiting this for decades…

Danica doesn’t move my metre at all, I’m more a Jeri Ryan type myself, but facts are facts. Her racing doesn’t keep her ride, her ass and smile does. She can sell stuff to guys so she has a ride, sad but true…

Ami Angelwings
February 27, 2012 4:34 am

-_- Men aren’t “simpler beings” it’s just that expectations of the genders are different. Also women are just as visual and just turned on by beefcake as men, it’s just we’re taught that we’re “sluts” if we express it like that and other such things. “Men are simple beings who just do whatever their dick says” is insulting to men because a) it says they’re not as complicated thinkers as women which is a lie, we’re equally intelligent and b) it’s often just used as an excuse for behaviour. :\

Besides, I’m not even sure how it applies here. This is a magazine for beautiful athletes, of both genders…. hetero men get the gender they’re attracted to in swimsuits, but hetero women… don’t.

I’m not complaining that women are in bikinis, I’m complaining Tom Brady is in a freaking polo shirt! >_<