Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

Would Brian Burke hear the refrain of “4 more years” if he was president of the USA?

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Damien Cox co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Phones
520 – Jamie Campbell, Sportsnet
600 – Glenn Healy, HNIC
620 – Sean Foley, golf swing coach to Tiger Woods, Hunter Mahan, Justin Rose

On TSN Radio 1050, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

400 – Darren Dreger (TSN Hockey Insider)
415 – Kevin Weekes (HNIC Analyst)
430 – Open Phones
500 – Fab 5
515 – Bob McKenzie (TSN Hockey Insider)
530 – James Mirtle (Globe and Mail) and Tim Wharnsby (CBC Sports) IN STUDIO
615 – Ray Ferraro (NHL on TSN)
630 – Guy Carbonneau (former NHL Player and Head Coach)

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

We celebrate February 29th birthdays with Cam Ward and Lyndon Byers
Gary Payton

Tonight on Sportsline:

Do the Maple Leafs need to fire their Head Coach, is President & GM Brian Burke getting a free pass during the Leafs slump, Raptors Head Coach Dwane Casey makes some questionable decisions in last nights loss to the Rockets and will the CHL & Hockey Canada abolish fighting? Join Hebsy & Bubba, tonight at 7 on CHCH!

Darren
Darren
February 29, 2012 5:45 pm

My God, Bob is getting worse and worse with his obsession with scantily clad women, kinda disturbing.

Stan
Stan
February 29, 2012 11:23 pm

The solution is to listen to TSN radio, a better alternative to Bob anyways.

Darren
Darren
February 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Nope, the alternative for tomorrow and Friday is the Honda Classic on Golf Channel HD! That is the best way to avoid Cox.

Derrick
Derrick
March 1, 2012 8:28 am

I don’t get the hate everyone has with Cox. I enjoy the banter with Bob and it’s much different than the banter with Brunt, which is what you want with different co-hosts, right?. I thought the “devils advocate” stance he took with Healy was excellent. While I don’t agree with him, at least his reasoning was sound and he challenged Healy’s arguments which leads to better radio.

NL Jim
NL Jim
March 1, 2012 8:32 pm

I enjoy reading this site, but there are only a few people contributing in te comments section. Apparently some of them do not like Cox. I too find his chats with Bob quite entertaining.

But the intense dislike for John Shannon surprises me even more. I think he and Bob have great chemistry. You can really feel that Bob enjoys his discussions ith Shannon a lot. And Shannon offers great insides into the broadcasting side of sports and business issues.

Just a view from a fan fom far away who loves Canadian sports radio.

Curt
Curt
March 2, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks to John and Damien for their contribution.