Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown:

400 – Michael Hiestand, USA Today
420 – Bob Elliott, Toronto Sun
500 – Roundtable until 7pm – joining McCown are John Shannon, Dave Perkins, & James Deacon

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

4:00 Alex Anthopoulos
4:30 Herm Edwards
4:45 Brendan Halloran
5:00 Fab 5
5:15 Bob McKenzie
5:30 Farhan Lalji
6:00 Darren Dreger
6:30 Jeremy Taggert

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (10:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg. Today, fighting in junior hockey – should it be banned?

Paul Carson, VP Hockey Development for Hockey Canada
David Branch, Commissioner of the OHL, President of the CHL
Georges Laraque, Former NHL Enforcer
Ken Belanger, Former NHL Enforcer

Tonight on Sportsline:

Will the Montreal Canadiens add to the Maple Leafs misery, can Ryan Miller lead the Sabres back to the playoffs, would Steve Nash be a good fit with Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic and after losing to Andy Murray is Novak Djokovic still on track to win the Grand Slam? Join Hebsy & Bubba, tonight at 7 on CHCH.

Darren
Darren
March 2, 2012 6:21 pm

Who does Deacon have pictures of to continuously get on the round-table?
He is a complete waste of skin, the only thing he brings to the table is an appetite and the ability of folding his arms!!

Bora
Bora
March 2, 2012 6:46 pm

Deacon might actually be ok if Shannon shut up for a few seconds. Man that guy’s interrupting has always drove me nuts but now it’s becoming unbearable. He reminds me of the kid in grade 2 with his hand up all the time, look at me, no me, me, me, me first.

itchy butt
itchy butt
March 2, 2012 8:18 pm

Magoo gave us another great math lesson tonight when they discussed the Dodger’s parking revenue. Quite hilarious.

itchy butt
itchy butt
March 2, 2012 8:44 pm

……………and….Wilson is fired

Stan
Stan
March 2, 2012 9:08 pm

Wilson’s firing was first reported by TSN. Which means that McCown wont brag for a week about breaking a story.

Mike
Mike
March 2, 2012 9:15 pm

Be interesting to see if New Leafs Head Coach Randy Carlyle shows contempt for the Toronto sports media like now Former Head Coach Ron Wilson did lol…

March 2, 2012 9:42 pm

Perkins mentioned on PTS the other day that if Wilson got fired then John Farrell would be the longest serving coach/manager in the current Toronto sports scene……………that’s hard to believe……………however I guess we shouldn’t be surprised given the subpar performance of all of the Toronto teams recently

alex
alex
March 2, 2012 9:47 pm

Perkins said that again tonight.

I didnt think wed get a firing while burke was at the sloan conference in boston.

Ami Angelwings
March 3, 2012 12:45 am

I swear Shannon’s getting worse. Today he just spent the entire roundtable acting like Bob was an idiot, including about the Kobe Bryant 81 point game where Bob said the Raptors were leading going into the half and Shannon just shot him down (if he wasn’t sure, he shouldn’t pretend he knew for sure, unless his memory is really that bad now) and even when Bob got the actual info to show him, he didn’t believe it at first. -_-

March 3, 2012 2:27 am

Yeah, I try not to add to the pile on regarding Shannon, because he’s not as bad as people make him seem on here. He does provide some good info sometimes.

But he’s just not right for PTS. Doesn’t have the right personality to be Bob’s sidekick, and his knowledge outside of hockey is not good.

Maybe people should email Don Kollins and politely suggest that guys like Brunt and Friedman (and Grange in my opinion) are far preferable cohosts to Cox and Shannon? (Especially Shannon).

March 3, 2012 2:28 am

Hey by the way, I heard Blair mention today that when he is in Dunedin with the Blue Jays, Stephen Brunt will be his cohost. Hm! Sounds good to me. Love the Jays talk.

alex
alex
March 3, 2012 4:41 am

If brunt and cox will be at spring training, does that more shannon?

cam
cam
March 3, 2012 11:07 am

Just caught Jim McKenny on the Citynews panel! He was never the best broadcaster but I do miss Howie’s matter of fact assessments and great sense of humour. Besides he is probably one of the few that call Carlisle Kitty and get away with it.

Don Mandrie
Don Mandrie
March 3, 2012 1:03 pm

John Shannon is shouting himself into oblivion. He needs to go back to where he belongs – terrorizing workers in the production truck.

Curt
Curt
March 3, 2012 5:00 pm

Prime Time Sports, starring John Shannon.

ML in Kingston
ML in Kingston
March 3, 2012 5:24 pm

More useless information on the Toronto sports scene. Always amazes us outside of the Big Smk how much or little other (great) markets are ignored.

Ami Angelwings
March 3, 2012 6:25 pm

The blog is titled “Toronto Sports Media”.

ML in Kingston
ML in Kingston
March 3, 2012 6:28 pm

Thanks, but from what I’ve been reading in the comment sections maybe it should be changed to Ami’s Sports Media, you seem to have a grasp on every topic mentioned.

andrew
andrew
March 3, 2012 6:37 pm

Dear ML in Kingston

On behalf of all the posters here on Toronto Sports Media, feel free to go fuck yourself. One of the many nice parts about this message board is the complete absence of comments like yours about Ami. When you start your own message board about the Kingston Sports Media you can post whatever you want.

andrew
andrew
March 3, 2012 6:39 pm

Let me apologize to the regulars about my language in the previous post. I’m aware that we make a point of not lowering ourselves.

ML in Kingston
ML in Kingston
March 3, 2012 7:13 pm

Man are you ever classy, playing the hero card does nothing for you. Get out of your parents basement, get a job and move on.

andrew
andrew
March 3, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks for the real estate and employment advice. And even if I did live in my parents basement, at least it isn’t in Kingston.

ML in Kingston
ML in Kingston
March 3, 2012 7:45 pm

Wow, arguing with a 7 year old really doesn’t get my blood flowing. Isn’t it your bedtime yet? Or does Mommy let Andy stay up extra late being it’s Hockey Night in Toronto and all!!

itchy butt
itchy butt
March 3, 2012 8:13 pm

Ladies and Gents, let’s welcome Damian Cox!

ML in Kingston
ML in Kingston
March 3, 2012 8:23 pm

I don’t mind that at all, being called the best writer on the Toronto scene as well would be embraced, who does one call you, John Shannon?

itchy butt
itchy butt
March 3, 2012 8:44 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Less Than 12 Parsecs
Less Than 12 Parsecs
March 3, 2012 11:48 pm

I’m assuming, based on all the rhetoric about respect and civility that’s been written on this blog, that we won’t be hearing from ML in KIngston again.

If my assumption is wrong, I won’t be back.

March 4, 2012 9:15 pm

credit where credit is due … that was a hysterical response.

alex
alex
March 4, 2012 9:50 pm

I presume it will still be big enough news on Monday that Bob will be discussing the Bounty story.