Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Photo courtesy Toronto Star

by RobG

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Stephen Brunt co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Darren Rovell, CNBC

Steve Simmons / Bruce Arthur

Tonight on Sportsline:

TBA

alex
alex
March 5, 2012 6:12 pm

Always a tough decision on what to listen to on a Monday when its Prime Time with Brunt vs a 1050 show with Arthur as co-host.

Since 1050’s ANNOYINGLY INCONSISTENT podcast policy means we don’t get the whole show, I guess it’s listen to TSN and podcast Prime Time.

Bora
Bora
March 5, 2012 6:29 pm

It’s a pretty easy decison for me:
6:20 – Eric Tillman, Edmonton Eskimos GM
6:40 – Bob Nicholson, President, Hockey Canada
I’ll be switching over to TSN when these guests come on PTS.

Curt
Curt
March 5, 2012 6:38 pm

Too true. Good co-host (Brunt) wasted on bad guests. It’s a FOB world afterall…

(Do like Becker, tho.)

Gerry
Gerry
March 5, 2012 6:39 pm

Can’t believe how Bobcat goes to Tillman time and again as his CFL guest. How this individual is treated by Bob versus a player that would have been charged of the same offense to me is complete hyprocritical. Granted, I don’t have that example of a player in the same circumstance. I am making assumptions, I admit.

Tillman got a free pass from the CFL and most media, in my opinion.

itchy butt
itchy butt
March 5, 2012 7:32 pm

The Carlyle interview was good. He doesn’t seem as crusty as I expected.

Rest of the show was a snoozefest.

Darren
Darren
March 5, 2012 8:01 pm

A rare bad effort for pts tonight (especially with Brunt as co-host).
Carlyle was a typical first interview on pts, Becker offered a differing opinion as usual on the bounty crap, Rovel finally got through a segment without talking about 17 year old girls being half naked

Ami Angelwings
March 5, 2012 8:09 pm

@Gerry I’m trying to think of players who have plead to, or been convicted of sexual assault or similar cases being on PTS…

Has Michael Vick ever been on PTS since he got out of jail? I know it’s not the same thing, but Bob was REALLY outraged during that, and I wonder if he would be okay with having Vick on (and not asking ever about that, because he never brings it up with Tillman).

Gerry
Gerry
March 5, 2012 8:20 pm

Not sure if any of you caught it, but during the Caryle interview it was brought up by Bob how they had Hitchcock on the show and how he talked about how he had changed somewhat. Carlyle then proceded to comment, and I paraphrase ” Not sure if i heard it on CBC or TSN, ” and then went on to comment about that topic. What I found interesting, was how inadvertantly Carlyle metioned only CBC or TSN as where he would have heard Htich talk about the particular point. I know that in the radio marketplace The Fan seems well ahead of TSN, but when it comes to TV sports, TSN is still leaps and bounds ahead of the Fan, and this type of reference point is just another example of it. Have to think such a reference would make the Rogers Powers that Be, a little frustrated.

itchy butt
itchy butt
March 5, 2012 8:26 pm

@Ami, has Vick ever been on PTS? Bob isn’t big on athlete interviews.

alex
alex
March 5, 2012 8:50 pm

It would be intwresting to.compare the two caryle interviews. I thought they did a good job on 1050.

Ami Angelwings
March 5, 2012 8:52 pm

@Itchy Butt but he does do them…

Gerry asked if Bob would ban an athlete from his show for committing sexual assault, and I was trying to think of any athlete he might have banned for doing something he considers immoral…

Ami Angelwings
March 6, 2012 7:41 am

I get this feeling that Rovell is going to raise his daughter like she’s the daughter of a celebrity/billionaire >_>

Dok
Dok
March 6, 2012 4:18 pm

Listening to the PTS podcast. I am not a CFL fan at all but found the conversation between Bobcat, Brunt and Tillman to be very interesting