Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown

400 – 500 – Phones
500 – 700 – Roundtable; Bob is joined by John Shannon, Tim Micallef, and Mike Keenan

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

4:30 – Gene Wojciehowski, ESPN (Tiger Talk / @NCAA Tourney)
5:15 – Bob McKenzie
5:30 – Doug and Jackie Christie (rumored to be making adult film together)
5:45 – Gary Galley, Hockey Night in Canada
6:00 – Darren Dreger
6:15 – Richard Griffin, The Toronto Star

Tonight on Sportsline:

TBA

Darren
Darren
March 16, 2012 5:40 pm

5 minutes on the round-table was enough for me. Mcalief looked scared shitless sitting across from Iron Mike, Goggles arguing Hockey strategy with Mike? What a joke, and Bob really needs a a wardrobe guy/girl.
Back to Hoops.

Another Steve
Another Steve
March 16, 2012 5:42 pm

I always listen to it on the radio. I watched it on TV once and then realized what I was doing….

Darren
Darren
March 16, 2012 5:45 pm

LOLOLOL. Just flipped over at halftime of the game to see who was on the round-table, once I saw Goggles I hit ‘return’, well I shouldn’t lie, I did listen for a few. Just so sick of listening to everyone is Toronto giving their two cents worth on how to fix the Leafs.

alex
alex
March 16, 2012 6:34 pm

The 5:00 leafs hour was so dry and uninteresting to a non leafs fan who grew up strongly disliking keenan as coach of flyers and hawks.

I thought tim left the room during the second segment.

Darren
Darren
March 16, 2012 6:38 pm

That’s the part I watched. I found Bob to be even more straight foreword than normal when he went on his rant about firing Burke, it seemed like since Keenan was there and agreed with him that it was OK to fly off the handle. Wonder if he would give that same speech to BB’s face or on phone, or as usual be all buddy-buddy with him.

alex
alex
March 16, 2012 7:25 pm

The college sports talk was something. It sounds like keenan’s college expwriences in the 70s dont gell with life in 2012.

ML in Kingston
ML in Kingston
March 16, 2012 7:43 pm

@Darren
Bob is simply the best at growing a pair when the person he is slamming is nowhere to been seen or heard, and if they are on the phone (usually fans) he simply hangs up!

Stan
Stan
March 16, 2012 8:34 pm

When everyone posts some sort of complaint about PTS or the roundtable or whos on it, it makes me happy I switched to TSN radio.

Another Steve
Another Steve
March 16, 2012 10:19 pm

TSN’s line-up doesn’t look much better to me: McKenzie and Dreger and same old, same old.

Ami Angelwings
March 17, 2012 5:08 am

The problem that roundtables with “special guests” run into is it always becomes about that guest, his experiences and his opinions and the debate tends to centre around that, so it’s not really a roundtable as it is a kite table :\

Tony
Tony
March 17, 2012 9:36 am

This blog needs a name change to “Complaining about the Fan 590 but I can’t stop listening to the Fan 590”

Anyone?

Derrick
Derrick
March 17, 2012 9:50 am

Mike…Kee…nan…needs…to…talk…fas…ter! And tell stories that are relevant to the discussion.

BECKS
BECKS
March 17, 2012 11:39 am

I agree listening to Shannon argue with Iron Mike Keenan was a freaking joke. Iron Mike and Bobcat had a great discussion going but were constantly interrupted by Shannon’s stupid comments. Get him off the air!!! And Bob could care less if blowhard Burke ever came on his show again and will and does always give his honest opinion, Leafs fans just can’t handle shit! When Wilson was first hired many said he wasn’t the right coach for a young rebuilding Leafs team and these people were flamed by the fools in Leafs Nation. Fast forward to February 2012 at the ACC…anyone hear 18 thousand Leafs fans chanting FIIIIIIIIIRE WIIIIIILSON!!!!!!!LMFAO

Also agree never seen anyone look so out of place on the PTS roundtable than that Tim guy. Who are Sam & Ted? 2 know nothing sports news readers from the score that Kollins Pelley & Moore are trying to turn in to sports knowledgeable and entertaining talk show hosts. They have never been pro athletes or newspaper writers won’t ever work for me.

BECKS
BECKS
March 17, 2012 11:51 am

@ Derrick, Keenan was bang on the entire show with relavant discussion and insight off many years of NHL experience on why he thinks Burke should be shit canned now. Keenan also won a Cup….something the Leafs havn’t done since 1967 in the old 6 team NHL and when black & white TV’s with rabbitt ears were common place in peoples homes.

Thanks for proving my point you are just another delusional Leafs fan that can’t handle shit! Give it another year, at the very most, Derrick will be chanting FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE BUUUUUURRRRRKE at the ACC. LOL

Derrick
Derrick
March 17, 2012 12:06 pm

@ Becks, when or where did I say I was a Leaf’s fan, or I wanted Burke fired? How did I prove your point that I am “another delusional Leafs fan”? Please explain.

Martin
Martin
March 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Zack Cooper of Sportsnet Fan Radio leaving 590 to join a Gaming Company…

itchy butt
itchy butt
March 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Becks said re Tim and Sid : They have never been pro athletes or newspaper writers.

That’s right. They are professional broadcasters. Remember a time when radio personalities were BROADCASTERS????? I’d rather listen to them than a print guy or dumb jock. McCown was never an athlete or print guy. Same with Tatti, Hogan etc…..

The Londoner
The Londoner
March 17, 2012 11:28 pm

TSN hasn’t mentioned the Wendy’s Baconator often enough during their NCAA March Madness coverage.

Ami Angelwings
March 18, 2012 1:56 am

Did anybody catch Shannon’s “yeah because you haven’t talked enough already” shot at Keenan? I know he tried to pass it off as a joke, but he really sounded annoyed that Keenan was doing the talking and it wasn’t the John Shannon show :\

Paul in Hespeler
Paul in Hespeler
March 18, 2012 9:11 am

Ami,
Yes I heard that comment by Shannon. I also noticed that only Shannon was sticking up for Burke and must have been feeling out numbered. Tim pretty much said nothing, and when he did it was just a poor attempt at humour. He was completely overpowered by Keenan and played it safe by saying nothing.

Curt
Curt
March 18, 2012 12:24 pm

I listened to Mike’s analysis (more like how great he was at his time in Chicago – yes Mike, we’re all soooo impressed…) and while he did make a couple of decent points, it was hard to listen to – not because I’m a Leaf fan (I’m not) but because he speaks like one of those tree things in Lord of the Rings. Meanwhile, as Ami pointed out, Shannon was on a slow burn, waiting to chime in. Tim was nowhere.

Anyway, I gave it a segment and a half and moved on. I had laundry to do.

March 18, 2012 2:10 pm

I have no idea why they thought having Keenan on the roundtable was a good idea………..they asked him if the Leafs should trade Kessel and he talked for 10 minutes about all of the good players he acquired when he was with Chicago, St. Louis, NY Rangers, etc…………..I thought he was going to hurt his arm patting himself on the back so much

The PTS roundtable used to be full of fresh voices (Friedman, Arthur before he went to 1050, Doug Smith, Shoalts, Zeisberger, etc) but lately it seems like it is almost exclusively full time Rogers people or part time Rogers people like Keenan…………….Sam or Ted do a decent job on the roundtable but I’m not sure I want to hear them for 2 hours after they were just on for 3 hours earlier in the day

Dave in Bolton
Dave in Bolton
March 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Its clear Keenan wants the Leafs GM job just by the way he was talking. Id rather keep Burke for another 10 years then hire that dinosaur Keenan. Shannon is the only smart one at the roundtable wake up guys takes more then 3 years to build a contender

March 19, 2012 8:48 am

what ever happened to the Bruce Arthur Q&A?

Justorbs
Justorbs
March 19, 2012 5:09 pm

The best roubndtable by far was the classic Kirke, Deacon, and Brunt.

Darren
Darren
March 19, 2012 5:11 pm

@MIB, Arthur works for TSN, he is a regular on the Sports Reporters and does various things on tsn radio.

@JUSTORBS, agree if you take Deacon & Kirke out!

Alex
Alex
March 19, 2012 10:14 pm

I presume he meant the Q and A that TSM did with Arthur and solicited for questions here.