Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Photo courtesy Broncotalk.net

by RobG

This could be Peyton Manning’s look next year if he ends up signing with the Broncos.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Stephen Brunt co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Tim & Sid, Sportsnet 590
420 – Doug Smith, Toronto Star
500 – Jeremy Roenick
520 – Ken Holland, Detroit Red Wings GM
600 – Don Banks, SI.com
620 – Bob Elliott, Toronto Sun
640 – John Shannon, Sportsnet

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz & Bruce Arthur are co-hosts:

Peter Dyakowski, Hamilton Ti-Cats, Winner of “The Smarter Person in Canada”
Bob McKenzie
Herm Edwards
Darren Dreger
Lyndon Byers
Steve Simmons

On TSN2 at 5pm, Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Ice Cube
Comedians panel featuring: Darrin Rose, Adam Growe, Nigel Downer, Rob Pue

Tonight on Sportsline:

Why did Peyton Manning pick the Broncos over his other suitors and where does this leave Tim Tebow? After the early madness, who is in line to advance out of the NCAA’s Sweet 16. Why doesn’t Luke Donald get the respect he deserves and can anyone stop Roger Federer? Join Bubba & Jason Portuondo tonight at 7 on CHCH.

March 19, 2012 5:38 pm

i haven’t listened to most of the Tim and/or Sid appearances on PTS. I recall that Krystal received similar showcasing from Bob, much to our collective chagrin.

For those of you who have listened to these segments, do you have the sense that Bob actually likes Sam&Ted and that is why he is having them on so much, or is this just part of Rogers’ general policy of trying to use PTS to raise the profile of other shows/hosts? Maybe someone can tweet this question to the relevant parties.

Bora
Bora
March 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Probably more of the first and less of the latter.

Bora
Bora
March 19, 2012 5:55 pm

I should have wrote less of the first and more of the latter in that it’s probably a Roger’s policy

Another Steve
Another Steve
March 19, 2012 5:59 pm

I think Bob likes Bob. 🙂

March 19, 2012 7:47 pm

I think Bob likes Tim and Sid. He did have Krystal on the show, but you may recall he never did an overlap with Brady… (I wonder if McCown was sore at the shots Brady was always taking at him when he was at 640. Not sure I would totally blame him to be honest – I like Brady a lot, but I always found that a bit much.) McCown also never did overlaps with Swirsky.

Plus I heard Millard on Tim and Sid, and he said ‘McCown is a huge fan of you guys… seriously etc.’

Justorbs
Justorbs
March 19, 2012 10:01 pm

Tim&Sid are ok. I’d still rather listen to Bob Mccown, Brady and Lang, and Bryan Hayes.

Ami Angelwings
March 20, 2012 5:29 am

Tim and Sid (or Sam and Ted) are growing on me, at least when they show up with Bob and on the roundtables, I just find their show too… I dunno… jocky? Trying too hard to be cool? I dunno how to describe it… maybe it’s toned down a bit.

I do find them knowledgeable and interesting though. And if I’m on the road more often during that time, I’d give them a listen again. I’m just always wary of shows that try too hard to be edgy and cool :\

Ami Angelwings
March 20, 2012 5:30 am

“For those of you who have listened to these segments, do you have the sense that Bob actually likes Sam&Ted and that is why he is having them on so much, or is this just part of Rogers’ general policy of trying to use PTS to raise the profile of other shows/hosts”

I suspect it’s just the Rogers’ policy, like how often Krystal was on with Bob when they were trying to promote his show.

Roger
Roger
March 20, 2012 9:18 am

I agree with Ami – they’re trying a little too hard. Obviously they both know their sports and have good chemistry together but drop the sound effects – its so 1980s.