Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Photo courtesy Denver Post

by RobG

As speculated, Peyton Manning signed with the Denver Broncos today. Note the sweater, as Denver is reverting back to orange next year.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Stephen Brunt co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Michael Hiestand, USA Today
420 – Gil Hanse, golf course designer, won the bid to build the golf course for the 2016 Olympics in Brazil
520 – Elliotte Friedman, HNIC
540 – Peter Dyakowski, Hamilton Tiger-Cats OL, and Canada’s Smartest Person
600 – Bill Daly, Deputy Commissioner, NHL
620 – Greg Gilhooly, Graham James accuser
640 – Mike Boone, Montreal Gazette

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

4:30 – James Duthie
5:15 – Bob McKenzie
5:30 – Sheldon Kennedy & Legal Analyst Steve Skurka
5:40 – Dave Naylor (@Manning Presser)
COUNTDOWN TO FACEOFF
Darren Dreger
Jamie McLennan
Steve Simmons

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Jose Canseco
Rob Ray / Lyndon Byers

Tonight on Sportsline:

Is the NHL proud of last nights display between the Rangers and Devils? After an 8-0 drubbing against the Bruins, does the future look bright for the Maple Leafs? Will Peyton Manning fail with the Broncos and, how do some high earning sports figures like Antoine Walker lose more than $100 million dollars? Join Bubba O’Neil & Jason Portuondo tonight at 7 on CHCH.

Darren
Darren
March 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Can anyone explain to me why McCown annunciates Patrick Roy’s name the way he does? Like does this just annoy the hell out of me? YOUR NOT FRENCH BOB, quit tryin to sound the part cause ya sound like a freakin moron! sorry for the rant.

Another Steve
Another Steve
March 20, 2012 7:07 pm

But isn’t that how is name is supposed to be pronounced? It reminds me of a headline from The Onion last summer: “Mainstream Media Renames Novak Djokovic To More Consumer Friendly Ned Drucker.” 🙂

Another Steve
Another Steve
March 20, 2012 7:08 pm

oops….change “is” to “his”.

Alex
March 20, 2012 7:35 pm

I know Bob hates soccer, but I keep hoping Brunt will pull rank for one guest to discuss the Fabrice Muamba situation, as I think the human interest story could interest Bob.

(He’s an English soccer player who had a heart attack on the field last Saturday and is currently in intensive care in a London hospital. He came from the Congo as a teen (his father was a political opponent of the government) speaking no English and worked his way through the Arsenal academy and captained the English under 21 team.)

Lee (Oakville)
Lee (Oakville)
March 20, 2012 8:06 pm

I agree with the rant on McCown’s pronunciation of Patrick Roy’s name. No, that is not the way it is pronounced. McCown pronounces it the way a unilingual anglophone who tries to pronounce it in a proper way pronounces it. Why is it all other French names are mangled by McCown? IMO another example of his attempt to seem more than undereducated.

Darren
Darren
March 20, 2012 8:58 pm

@Lee, I have often wonder what the hell is trying to prove in his way of pronouncing Roy’s name for years. He just sounds like a fool and it is as annoying as hell, Brunt simply calls him Patrick Roy, end of story. I know it is incredibly juvenile for me to complain about this but it is the little things like this that has him wearing on me. And yet another bullshit attempt for him to stick in there his obvious hate for fighting. When Brunt brought up the Lucic/Komeserik scrap he as usual poo-poo’d it, wouldn’t even have a discussion on Lucic actually being a very skilled fighter as Brunt was trying to point out. I just can’t believe he didn’t bring up the garbage that happened at the beginning of the Ranger/Devil game, now that was a joke.

Curt
Curt
March 21, 2012 12:44 pm

LOL. I was thinking the same thing, regarding Bob. He sounds like a tool, pronouncing Patrick the way he does. Part of me thinks he’s being sincere and “making the effort”. Then part of me thinks he’s being a condescending English “pig dog”.

Alex, good shout out regarding Muamba. Regardless of Bob’s hate of soccer, some mention of it was needed, I think.