Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

Pierre Gauthier is now the former GM of the Montreal Canadians. The talk today was which team is in a worse state, the Leafs or the Habs?

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown.

400 – Michael Hiestand, USA Today
420 – Michael Boone, Montreal Gazette
520 – Darren Rovell, CNBC
540 – Alan Frew
600 – Serge Savard, former Habs GM
620 – Bob Ryan, Boston Globe
640 – Ken King, President, Calgary Flames

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

430 – James Duthie
515 – Bob McKenzie
530 – Michael Farber
540 – Geoff Molson
Countdown to Faceoff (6-7pm)
Darren Dreger
Steve Simmons
Jonas Siegel

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Jacques Demers, Canadian Senator and Former Habs Coach
Ken Hitchcock, St. Louis Blues Coach
Gary Payton, NBA Legend

Tonight on Sportsline:

The Montreal Canadiens fire Pierre Gauthier–who will be the next General Manager? Does Dion Phaneuf need to replaced as the new captain of the Maple Leafs? Will the adult film market destroy Tiger Woods and does the Blue Jays sensational spring record mean a thing? Join Mark Hebscher & Bubba O’Neil, tonight at 7 on CHCH

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 63
  • comment-avatar

I wish I had a dollar every time Bob said EBITDA.

• comment-avatar
    SAM IN OSHAWA9 years ago

Alex at least you might know what is means, i have no idea.

• comment-avatar

If anybody here suffers from insomnia I suggest trying to read one of the too many Rosie DiManno figure skating columns in the Star this week

• comment-avatar

New EBITDA drinking game.

Sam – Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation & amortization

Les Nessman9 years ago

Earnings
    Before
    Interest
    Taxes
    Depreciation
    Amortization

• comment-avatar

(I had to look it up the first few times Bob said it. I’m not a business type person.)

• comment-avatar

I’ve been thinking of the things Bob says a lot and to make a list some day xD

“EBIDTA” (I also had to look it up Alex, and it took a while because he says “EEE BAH DA” and I had no idea what combination of letters to search for)

“You can’t be a little bit pregnant.” (he doesn’t always use this in the right context, either)

“Truism” (he NEVER uses this word correctly. He seems to use it as a synonym for the word “fact”)

“Tapping my foot like Sonic the Hedgehog” (This one is cute, and I love when he uses it)

“Spockian Eyebrow” (I love this one too :3 )

“The abyss will never be filled!”

“So what’s on your alleged mind?” (does he say this to anybody else but Brunt? It’s cute whenever he says it to Brunt.)

“Puts my feet to sleep.”

“You can’t teach touch.”

I know there are more but I can’t think of any at the moment. Any more that people can think of?

• comment-avatar

“Kicking ass, taking names.”

“I hate to cut you, but we’re dead out of time.”

“Lying/lies like a rug.”

“Alfonse and Gaston”

“You take it, I don’t want it.”

• comment-avatar

“From the department of redundancy department”

• comment-avatar

“The Unholy Alliance” – one of several “derogatory” terms/turns-of-phrase with respect to Rogers/TSN Olympic broadcasting.

• comment-avatar

“Chronology of events” – I actually use that one!

“there’s no there there”

@Daniel YES! I forgot that one! He says that so much. xD

“Beelzebub” (in reference to his wife)

“Alleycat” (in reference to his daughter, this one makes me want to hug him so hard)

“The Count” (in reference to Gary Bettman)

“Bud Light” (In reference to Bud Selig)

“Thing 1 and Thing 2” (Keith Pelley and Scott Moore)

“Rob Becker, our legal beagle”

“Gord Kirke, lawyer to the stars”

“Our business editor, Darren Rovell”

“Sam and Ted” (Tim and Sid)

“John Shhhhhhhhhhhhhannon” (Shanny)

“Your honour, please direct the witness to answer the question.”

“I don’t give a flying fadoo.” (How on Earth did I forget that one xD)

“total dogs’ breakfast”

“I can’t take/afford the pay cut.”

“bleeping”

“adult beverages” (alcohol)

“a bit over-served” (drunk)

“scumdog”

“Ink stained wretch” (sports writer)

“from the pages of…”

“I’m sorry?”

“opening Pandora’s box”

“They’re in over the line…” (imitating Foster Hewitt)

“My Brownies” (The Cleveland Browns)

“Idiot producer”

Time is not our ally.

“Gooner” (Nick Kypreos)

“JP Whathisname” (JP Ricciardi)

“target” (hockey goalies)

“Tigger” (Tiger Woods)

“Fish murderer” (fisherman)

“Slaughtering innocent little fishies” (the act of fishing)

sam in oshawa9 years ago

Thanks for the help. I thought Bob was doing a good porky pig, EBITDA, EBITDA that’s all folk’s.

sam in oshawa9 years ago

Bobism – giddy-up.

mike (in boston)9 years ago

“ad nauseum” [when he means “ad infinitum” or “ad absurdum”]

“When David Stern was on this show … Give it all to Michael? … give half of it to Michael? …” [re: the NBA’s plan to let the players decide how to split up their share]

“I” / “Here’s what I think”

“Mats Sundin to the New York Rangers!”

mitigate

to wit

• comment-avatar

Can’t believe nobody has mentioned “Managing General” whenever he has a GM on.

• comment-avatar

At the corner of walk and don’t walk.

Some loyal fans here.

Has anyone else noticed whenever Bob uses any “s” word with emphasis, he lisps??? It’s quite obvious, for example if he claims someone is “stupid” it sounds like he’s saying “thstu-pid”. Give it a listen next time.

sam in oshawa9 years ago

Can’t take the pay cut.

• comment-avatar

TSM, can you do a post with polls so that us McCown geeks can vote on our favourite/least favourite phrases of his? There’s obviously many to choose from… 🙂

another one just popped into my head…”what a maroon”

mike (in boston)9 years ago

that’s a great idea Pudge. I wonder how many of these phrases Bob will try to pack into the show today after he reads this thread. I bet he’s “noodling” that right now.

in other news, PPP has a link to the Burkes’ video for the pro-tolerance project You Can Play

• comment-avatar

Oh great another PSA from Burke.

”what a maroon”

Technically, that’s Bugs Bunny.

sam in oshawa9 years ago

Pantload, well, the correct answer is, my bride, you dummies {producers or roundtable}

• comment-avatar

Mike in Boston – Thanks for sharing the link.

In my own experience there are few things more important than ensuring all kids have a right to dignity and respect. There are many reasons why one might have an issue with Brian Burke, but for the life of me I cannot see how carrying on his son’s legacy through this program could be one of them.

As the Bobism’s …. There is nothing like a well produced program and this is nothing like a well produced program

itchy butt9 years ago

Roger needs a PSA for an all white, gay bashing, Jesus loving right wing hockey league. Can someone make one?

Itchy,

No its OK, we don’t portray ourselves as “victims” unlike many other groups. There are enough groups out there playing the part of “victim”.

As I said before, gays dont play team sports – they stick to individual sports like figure skating, diving, swimming and being ardent Habs’ fans.

“Greetings and Salutations”

Another Steve9 years ago

Thanks for the link, Mike (in B).

This is only anecdotal, but I have heard a lot of people who have decided to take another look at the sport of hockey because of these ads.

It’s really nice to see so many players join in for such a non-controversial position.

• comment-avatar

Claude Tamalfachuk? Does anyone have an official spelling on that?

• comment-avatar

I missed when former nba center jon amache played tennis or figure skating professionally.

• comment-avatar

Bob sprung one of his favourite sayings today. “If ands and buts were candys and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas”. Watters used to evoke this saying from time to time as well.

• comment-avatar

I know I will regret this as I may be proving a few quotes attributed to Mark Twain, but Roger that comment is so wrong and so offensive on so many levels.

You do not think that kids driven to suicide because of arbitrary biases are victims?!?!?!? I am so sick of reading and hearing about kids who take their lives because of their inability to “fit in” through a life filled with hearing comments like yours. Growing up can be tough enough without these biases added on top. If this program started by the Burke’s gives a kid the courage to play in a safe accepting environment then it is a raging success.

I can only hope that you do not lose someone in your life that could not “fit in” as I have. He was an adult who was an exceptional athlete who could not take the pain of hiding it all his life. Oh – well it should not need to be said I will, I am not gay and he was an extremely good friend.

I do apologize to TSM & the other posters of this community for this rant especially when this was such a fun thread but …

Doodle-y Doodle-y doo doo

Idiot producer / program director

Greetings, salutations

Oh god, this could be an amazing drinking game

Cam,

I’m sorry for your loss but this whole thing of teen/gay suicide so complex that to give one antidote would not be giving it justice.

I was trying to be humorous in light of the fact someone was insulting me. Of course, I know I don’t count being a white, male heterosexual Christian. I just feel people have have a sense of humour and not be so sensitive.

That’s 2 cents.

sam in oshawa9 years ago

Bobism- “So”

• comment-avatar

“You also have to realize a person in deep depression will not be pushed over the edge of some “insensitive” internet post or whether or not he can play a team sport and be openly gay. ”

So much for it being a complex issue. xD

Apparently it’s so complex that we can make sweeping simplified statements about it!

Besides, is causing somebody to kill themselves really the only threshold you have to not be insensitive and insulting? :\

• comment-avatar

“The topic is yours (to choose)” (sometimes he says “to choose”, sometimes he doesn’t)

“like herding cats”

“scum of the Earth”

“The Bostons/Floridas/Calgarys/Montreals/etc” (to refer to a team)

“The FCs” (Toronto FC)

“Another win for Milos!”

“Call-lume” (Column)

“Scribbled” (wrote an article/column)

“The idiot GM/coach”

“What moron came up with that?”

“GB” (The Count)

“The idiot mayor” (Rob Ford, the former mayor of Hamilton, the mayor of Glendale, AZ)

“The back nine” (his backyard)

“Wrestling Day” (Boxing Day, OKAY, I know he only used this once, but I want him to use it as his new word for Boxing Day because it’s adorable so I am going to include it here)

“couldn’t organize a one car parade”

Fraaaance

“The big ass TV”

“tweeter”

“stadia”

“Beest” (Paul Beeston)

“What a maroon.” (HOW DID I FORGET THAT ONE!? I’m such a bad fangirl! Dx )

“Becks” (David Beckham)

“He’s like Eeyore” (Neil Oosten, who is similar to my favourite Winnie the Pooh character)

” “It’s a very funny thought that, if Bears were Bees,
    They’d build their nests at the bottom of trees.
    And that being so (if the Bees were Bears),
    We shouldn’t have to climb up all these stairs.” ” (I LOVE when he recites Winnie the Pooh. I’m sure I’m not the only one. Maybe he should recite it every time the Leafs win, maybe that will motivate them! )

“Jen, the program director” (she’s like the only person who doesn’t get “idiot” added to the front of her job description, she’s just that awesome)

“He’s going in the black book” (somebody is being banned from the show, or while Bob’s not on vacation anyways)

“The coordinator of all things offensive/defensive” (The offensive/defensive coordinator)

“It’s not rocket science” (I think rocket scientists should say “It’s not sports talk radio!” to mean something is not that hard)

“The Rogers people” (the slaves Thing 1 sends him to hook up all his fancy gizmos)

“The Julios” (his groundskeepers… which I hope isn’t supposed to be some racial reference :\ )

“Couldn’t catch a cold”

“closing the barn door after all the horses have left”

“Lying, cheating scumbag”

“Scumbucket” (Bob likes to insult people with scum[insert noun here])

“You’re entitled to your opinion.”

“Smell ya later Zee” (I think he only says this to Zeisberger)

“Zee” (Mike Zeisberger)

“It’s IRRELEVANT./NOT RELEVANT”

“Zauny” (Gregg Zaun)

“Scribe” (writer)

“gaze into the abyss”

“cough it up”

“sleezebucket”

“Jeff Blair of the Jeff Blair show, starring Jeff Blair” (some show that’s on in the morning hosted by some guy)

“The idiots at noon” (Hockey Central at noon)

“Back asswards”

“The NHL has been on US national television since 1967! Americans have seen hockey! Americans just don’t like hockey!”

“turn chicken turds into chicken salad.”

“I hate working alone.”

“Brunt works 26 weeks. Cox works 26 weeks. Shannon works 26 weeks.”

“Blow it up.” (When Bob wants the explosion sound to stop a clip or song he doesn’t like.)

“This is all your fault, Brunt.”

• comment-avatar

“Executive producer of the show, self-anointed, self-appointed.” (Brunt’s unofficial position on the show according to Bob)

“This sounds like a segment you produced.” (to Brunt when UFC or soccer is to be discussed)

“bleeping disaster”

“unmitigated failure/disaster”

“total and complete failure”

• comment-avatar

“it’s time for the bullets………..little things that sometimes become big things but usually don’t”

“smelly little studio”

“ti kanis Greek Boy”

• comment-avatar

Oh Mike S, that reminds me!

“It’s time for the Primetime Wizards, formerly known as the bullets, but we decided to be politically correct” (since retired)

• comment-avatar

baseball been good to me

• comment-avatar

correction: “Baseball’s been berry berry good to me”

“the hockey pucks”

• comment-avatar

“Contractually obligated” (to bring on Kypreos)

“Hello Elliott” (mimicking Elliotts gravelly voice”

Speaking of which, its funny when Elliott concludes his interview with “Thanks for calling.”

“Hekyll and Jekyll, Frick and Frack” (when Hat and Morganti used to be the weekly hockey guests (I think I’m missing some but that was definitely part of it).

“Beef Jerky” (as a gift to buy your wife last-minute at the gas station convenience store”

sam in oshawa9 years ago

Bobism – “Get out of your basement people”

• comment-avatar

do your “goesintas” (or goes-in-tas)

• comment-avatar

“Paducah Kentucky and Dothan Alabama”

“Sheriff of the NHL” (in reference to Colin Campbell when he was chief disciplinarian)

Claud Thamalfuchuck

Bubba and Skeeter

He’s just a guy.

• comment-avatar

pulsating if not penetrating…

sam in oshawa9 years ago

“Beeston looked in the mirror”

“tangibly”

There’s no there there

“Perilously little time”

ie. “We have many items to discuss, and perilously little time in which to discuss them”