Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

8:00am Darren Dreger & Jamie McLennan
8:15am Bob Weeks
8:30am Dan Shulman

Darrell
Darrell
April 2, 2012 9:47 am

Am I the only one that appears to find the “Guess the State?” segment boring as watching paint dry on a wall? Jeff Blair seems bored out of his head and Jim Lang sounds like he is humoring poor Greg Brady – who actually thinks this is entertaining radio.

Alex
Alex
April 2, 2012 1:16 pm

I love theres a promo for hockey central touting them as being the “no 1 lunchtime hockey radio show.”

Curt
Curt
April 2, 2012 2:42 pm

About Blair…I’m sort of on the fence with him. Sometimes good (particularly when talking baseball), sometimes full of ****. He also has an annoying habit of repeating points endlessly, like we didn’t hear it the first five times. I remember a couple of weeks ago about him hammering on about Burke being the face of the Leafs for the past 3 years – not any particular player. Yes, an interesting point, but I’m not a moron – you don’t have to repeat yourself for the rest of the show. I get it.

Darrell
Darrell
April 2, 2012 2:45 pm

@ Curt – I can see that side of Blair too. Personally though the current FAN employee that I would not miss at all is Greg Brady.

itchy butt
itchy butt
April 2, 2012 3:56 pm

Blair:
“Who do you think….WHO DO YOU THINK….is the guy the Leafs should get next year? Should he be….SHOULD HE BE…..Nash?”

April 2, 2012 4:33 pm

“The whole notion of stations having a special noon hour program is wacky, as i dont know of a major us sports radio station doing it.”

I’ve never been a fan of it. I think it would make more sense to have them record segments to air throughout the day, like Grapevine, or something.

Gerry
Gerry
April 2, 2012 4:43 pm

I obviously don’t know forsure, but it sure seems like Gregg Zaun is always talking with Chewing Tobacco in his mouth. I would hope I am wrong, but if indeed he is, strikes me as very unprofessional.

April 2, 2012 4:44 pm

Blair isn’t a smooth broadcaster, but I think he’s got a smart unique take on things. So I can overlook it if he’s not smooth on delivery. I mean, his opinions are far more interesting and biting than the old days of The Fan, with guys like Stellick, Landry, Hogan and Swirsky.

April 2, 2012 4:52 pm

itchy — that’s awesome. Blair’s delivery is painful. The other one that kills me is when he’s asked a direct question and will start with ” …. I DON”T KNOW …. WELL, THE THING IS … HERE’S HOW I SEE THIS … UMM …”

It’s like watching someone try to start an old lawnmower.

Sam in Scab
Sam in Scab
April 2, 2012 4:55 pm

The fan/590 has and probably will miss the boat on their noon time ‘Filler’.
Grant it ,will be stuck with hockey central for 9 months a year..
But,June-September when fan/590 just gives up on quality programing,a noon time-slot of shows in no order…
All of (just not Toronto teams) in no order..
Football at Noon,Baseball,Hockey,Soccer and Amateur sports
With different hosts every day…

Curt
Curt
April 2, 2012 5:09 pm

Nothing bad to say about Zaun, for me. IMO, he’s simply the best analyst around – in any sport. Nobody owns him – he gives his opinion whether Rogers likes it or not. Sadly, he’ll be at ESPN sooner than later, I’m afraid. Great piece on the Canada/Uganda kids, btw.

alex
alex
April 2, 2012 8:42 pm

i guess I will listen to a pod of the morning show today since Brunt was on talking about the death of Giorgio Chinaglia.

April 2, 2012 10:27 pm

If 590 is consistently getting very good ratings for their noon hockey show why would it “make more sense” for them to scrap it favour of “airing segments throughout the day” ???