Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

photo courtesy NY Post & Getty Images

by RobG

Another ho-hum Sunday at the Masters yesterday. Louis Oosthuizen’s albatross on #2 looked like it would catapult him to victory, however Bubba Watson’s escape from jail on the 2nd playoff hole led him to victory at Augusta.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. PTS is from the Rogers Centre today for the Jays home opener against the Bosox. Stephen Brunt and Damien Cox are co-hosting:

Guest will include Jose Bautista, John Farrell, Alan Ashby, Buck Martinez, Brett Lawrie, JP Arencibia, Omar Vizquel, Sergio Santos, Bobby Valentine, Rickey Romero, Paul Beeston, & Alex Anthopoulos.

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski.

TBA

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Pierre LeBrun, TSN NHL Analyst
Bruce Arthur and Steve Simmons, Columnists
Mookie Wilson, Former MLB Player

Tonight on Sportsline:

Are the Blue Jays the ‘young guns’ of Major League Baseball? Is Bubba Watson the United States great white hope for golf? Who’s in worse shape, the Maple Leafs or Canadiens and, is Bill Parcells now the only option going forward for the New Orleans Saints? This plus the Hebsys with Mark & Bubba, tonight at 7, on CHCH.

April 9, 2012 4:52 pm

PTS line-up is like Xmas morning for Jays fans (note: no Wilner). I imagine TSN RADIO will be countering with hockey insiders and Argos previews.

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
April 9, 2012 5:10 pm

With Bob at the concrete convertible, is Wilner even allowed on the property? Bob looking GQish as usual. Giddy up.

Lee (Oakville)
Lee (Oakville)
April 9, 2012 5:39 pm

McCown is GQish? A jowly, elderly man with 1970’s-styled hair, indoor sunglasses and a too-tight violet blazer? Hardly.

itchy butt
itchy butt
April 9, 2012 5:54 pm

Gord Stellick on Jeff Blair show…..

Stellick: “This Leaf team is nowhere as bad as they seem”
Blair: “Gord, how do you know?”
Stellick: “Well, that’s my opinion as the ‘the esteemed hockey guy’. ”

As milquetoast as ever.

April 9, 2012 6:00 pm

haha…Mike – I was going to write the same thing. “Today on TSN Radio, 3 hours of Argo talk to get you ready for the season in a few months..”

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
April 9, 2012 6:12 pm

Blair had the sharp knives out today, it was a pleasure to listen to him.

Darren
Darren
April 9, 2012 6:29 pm

My God, just the sight of Cox makes me wanna do unthinkable things, his arrogant presence just ruins what otherwise would be an enjoyable 3 hours. Also I betcha Jose felt the urge to just pop him square in the face.

Ami Angelwings
April 9, 2012 7:10 pm

Hey! Some of us have a crush on Bob >:\

I still wish I knew what was up with Bob and Wilner 🙁

April 9, 2012 7:24 pm

To be fair, Cybulski was live from Gretzky’s restaurant today and they devoted much of the show to the Jays home opener (except for the obligatory hockey segments with Dreger, McKenzie, and Jolly Jonas of course)……………..unfortunately there was no Arthur today…………………I think we had better get used to that because I believe he will be covering hockey playoffs for the National Post for the next few weeks

Stan
Stan
April 9, 2012 7:25 pm

Wilner is arrogant and condescending and I guess Bob doesn’t want any competition!

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
April 9, 2012 9:58 pm

Wilner backed J.P. Bad move, Bob was gunning for the GM big time. Bob said after a rant that Wilner was clueless about baseball.[ not exact words, bad memory here} Bob dropped the hammer, no more Wilner on PTS.

Bob
Bob
April 9, 2012 10:11 pm

Interesting PTS. Brunt & Cox wouldn’t know a pitching change from a diaper change, but no Zaun. Apparently all Blue Jay’s including minor leaguers are going to Cooperstown, they are that great. Only one missing was Vince, I guess he was busy Slap Chopping onions.

Ami Angelwings
April 10, 2012 12:17 am

Brunt was a member of the BBWAA.

Roger
Roger
April 10, 2012 9:02 am

When is the Fan590 changing their name to BlueJays radio? It can’t be too far away.

I really enjoyed Cox and Brunt sucking up to the unnamed Blue Jay they interviewed for about 20 minutes, I say ‘unnamed’ because they failed to identify who they were interviewing. So bush league.

James
James
April 11, 2012 1:07 am

Roger im not sure if your comments are a joke or actually meant to be taken seriously…everyone else is laughing about how tsn isn’t covering jays enough at the time of the freaking home opener and you complain about it being too much??

Are you even a sports fan??

Roger
Roger
April 11, 2012 8:55 am

James,

I’ve forgotten more than you’ll ever know about sports. Me not a sports fan? Geez, that’s like calling me gay. I’m offended.

But seriously, the Fan is owned by Rogers so I get the constant Blue Jays info-mercial but if one is into other sports or other baseball teams, they might be best to look elsewhere on the dial. Just saying.