Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with guest host Bob McCown. Damien Cox co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Phones
500 – Ken Rosenthal, Foxsports.com
520 – Nick Kypreos, Sportsnet
600 – Rob Becker, legal analyst
620 – Bryan Lewis, former NHL referee
640 – Ed Olczyk, NBC hockey analyst

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Dave Feschuk co-hosts:

James Duthie in studio
Herm Edwards
Brett Hart
Bob McKenzie
Adam Van Koeverden
Ray Ferraro (between benches during Pens/Flyers melee)
Darren Dreger

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (11:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Scott Hartnell, Philadelphia Flyers
Kurtis Foster, Minnesota Wild Defenseman
Steve Ludzik, Ex-NHL Coach

Tonight on Sportsline:

Is Don Cherry out of touch with the current state of the NHL? Do the Canucks owe the game 4 start to Roberto Luongo in Los Angeles? Are expectations too high for Jose Bautista and is Lebron James a clutch player in the 4th quarter? Join Bubbs and Hebsy, tonight at 7 on CHCH.

Darren
Darren
April 17, 2012 6:24 pm

My God, does Blair ever bring a nice big breath of fresh air into conversation!!!
Enter sarcasm where ever ya want!

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
April 17, 2012 6:40 pm

OMG just flipped on pts on tv
See blair &cox
They both look like they should be standing in long coats outside a public school
flipping candies to the kids
NOT trying to talk sports
Creepy,so very creepy!!!

Another Steve
Another Steve
April 17, 2012 7:26 pm

I suppose that calling people pedophiles passes for wit in some circles of the internet cesspool, but I always thought the comments on this site were a little better than that. I guess I was wrong.

alex
alex
April 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Maybe its just me, but comments have been a lot more crass and mean last month or two.

Darren
Darren
April 17, 2012 7:35 pm

OMG, I’m pretty god damn sure Sam in Scar wasn’t trying to imply those two were that, he made a joke, a JOKE, big deal. People really need to lighten the hell up, not everything is life and death!

Stan
Stan
April 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Great interview with Scott Hartnell on Off the Record with Michael Landsberg – very entertaining and up front guy.

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
April 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Now I know EVERYONE has to be Correct
There is NO Not any need for jokes on here…..
@ Steve… sportsnet is Fantastic ,tsn can’t be any better
And all the flowers are blooming!!!
ooo forgot the score is just lovely.

Darren
Darren
April 17, 2012 8:21 pm

ROFLMAO, Sam you 4got to add, ‘KISS MY ASS’
LOL

Ami Angelwings
April 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Yeah and it was a joke in poor taste. e_e Simply saying that things are a joke doesn’t change the words you wrote, or that the “joke” is in bad taste and reflects poorly on you. Let’s be adults and own our words.

Especially in the wake of Sandusky scandal, it’s obviously quite offensive to be “joking” that people are pedophiles simply because you don’t like them on the radio. If you want to stand by your “joke”, then stand by it. Or apologize. But don’t do the “LOL JEEZ LIGHTEN UP” troll thing, it’s childish. >_>

Darren
Darren
April 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Ami why don’t you stick your Self-righteous attitude right where the sun don’t shine. Your ‘goody2shoes’, know it all attitude is really annoying and old. And yes I will stand by those words. Now continue on commenting on the Toronto Sun, Globe & Mail, Toronto Star and god knows where else you lurk, must be nice to not have a job to just hover over all these sites and throw your 2 cents in!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, have a nice evening, continue on chirping!

Another Steve
Another Steve
April 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Don’t worry about the ad hominem attack here, Ami – I really enjoy your missives, even though I still have absolutely no idea what your emoticons mean. 🙂

itchy butt
itchy butt
April 18, 2012 5:23 am

Thanks for taking my call, first time caller, long time listener……

Brad
Brad
April 18, 2012 9:11 am

Well said Darren!

Derrick
Derrick
April 18, 2012 9:52 am

Why does Ken Rosenthal sound so crisp and clear when he is interviewed on the radio? Is he being televised as well as part of the Sportsnet broadcast?

April 18, 2012 10:39 am

i wondered that last time he was on as well Derrick. I suspect Rogers has a direct line with some Fox studio in New York. I vaguely recall Bob had a direct line when he was doing the (morning?) show from home (or was it Vegas?), but i may have all of that wrong.

robg
robg
April 18, 2012 10:47 am

To Derrick and Mike, Rosenthal was on a TV feed with Blair and Cox yesterday as you both suspected. While I don’t know firsthand, I suspect the reason he’s so crisp and clear might involve some media training, as he is on Fox’s baseball coverage. Might be nice if some of the journalists that have crossed over to the radio and tv side up here were as crisp and clear. The other thing I like about Rosenthal how measured and well thought out he presents his answer to a question. I think he’s first rate.

Dustin
Dustin
April 18, 2012 11:22 am

16 comments and not one about Herm Edwards yesterday on TSN Radio. Very disappointing. Shows how pointed this site is at the FAN.

Terrible

Derrick
Derrick
April 18, 2012 11:23 am

RobG,

I agree, his answers do seem very well thought out and he communicates in a clear, crisp manner. I miss Keith Law on the show, but I can listen to him on the “Baseball Today” podcasts and when he’s on TSN. Ken is an excellent replacement.

I wish more guests were on a T.V. or some other direct line feed. It’s much easier to listen to on the radio and podcasts.

April 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Dustin – ?

It’s not like the conversation is ever directed at The Fan. Why don’t you bring up TSN if you feel like it’s not talked about enough.

Frankly, I think the lack on talk about the station on here is more of a reflection that not a great number of people are listening to it yet.