Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by RobG

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Damien Cox co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Glenn Healy, HNIC
420 – Jeff Blair, Sportsnet
520 – Tim Danson, lawyer
540 – Marc Zanetti, Ottawa 67s captain
600 – Don Banks, SI.com
620 – Bruce Boudreau, Anaheim Ducks coach

On TSN 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

Tim Danson
Bob McKenzie
Herm Edwards
Darren Dreger
Connie Chung

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Brooks Laich, Capitals center
Wendel Clark, Leafs Great
Gary Payton, NBA Legend

Tonight on Sportsline:

TBA

Darren
Darren
April 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Wow, I hope that Captain for the 67’s comes across better in his appeal to David Branch if he hopes to play in the Memorial Cup. Regardless of whether it is in his character or not he was asked if he had apologized to the player he kicked in the head with his skate and his answer was he did through the media and thought that was enough. Sounds like your everyday CHL hockey player, very under educated. Sad.

Darren
Darren
April 25, 2012 6:38 pm

And could these Seniors two let i go with the god damn FISH CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!

alex
alex
April 25, 2012 7:13 pm

I guess that proves why Bob doesn’t like having athletes on the show, even if this is a kid.

And I wonder which Bob would prefer for his show: Brunt talking futbol or Cox talking tennis?

Darren
Darren
April 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Did you hear the interview Alex? It was so uncomfortable, the kid was struggling just to put a frigging sentence together. I as well played 5 years in the O and saw first hand around me just how few classes my teammates would actually go 2. I wonder if you asked that kid a year from now when he doesn’t have the crutch (because that is what it is) of hockey around you if he’d like to rethink not going to class and actually get an education, even if it’s simply grade 12.

Alex
Alex
April 25, 2012 10:25 pm

It was on in the background while i was writing. The only thing i noticed was when he said he apologized in the media, not personally, as mentioned above.

I question the logic of the team putting him out there for an i terview, esp on the biggest show in sports radio.

I wonder if someone more sympathetic o junior hockey and agressive behaviour like marek would have had a different intervoew.

Syn
Syn
April 25, 2012 11:30 pm

Loved the interview with Gabby today.

alex
alex
April 26, 2012 1:15 am

Is it just my computer or does the TSN podcast of Cybulski’s show sound like it was recorded on a tape recorder and then uploaded to itunes? very tinny and low volume. Not the first time I’ve noticed this either.

Ami Angelwings
April 26, 2012 7:21 am

What seriously was the point of having Marc Zanetti on? He gave mediaspeak pretty much the entire thing, which came off as even more disingenuous, because as Alex pointed out, he didn’t even apologize to the person he kicked in the head and that he’s so aghast at what he’s done that he’s going to appeal his suspension if the 67s get to the Memorial Cup.