Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

By Rob Gregg

Here’s are your drive home lineups

On Fan 590 Tonight-

TBD

On TSN Radio 1050

Doug Gilmour
Wayne Simmonds, Flyers Forward
Richard Griffin
Bob McKenzie
Darren Dreger
Bruce Arthur

Tonight on Sportsline:

Are the Phoenix Coyotes the biggest surprise of the NHL playoffs? Should Bulls Head Coach Tim Thibodeau be blamed for Derrick Rose’s season ending injury? Is Edwin Encarnacion’s home run streak a sign of things to come or a mirage?

This plus the Hebsy’s with Mark & Bubba, tonight at 7, on CHCH.

photo from here

Rick M.
Rick M.
April 30, 2012 5:42 pm

No Cybulski today means I can listen to TSNR this afternoon. Naylor & Mackowitz are not blowing me away but they are decent enough. Don’t listen to 590 at all anymore so any reasonable non-Cybulski TSNR hosts from 4-7pm will do.

Thanks.

Bob
Bob
April 30, 2012 6:55 pm

PTS, love the Aquarium Channel in the background! I’m waiting to see if the Starfish boinks the guppy, has to be more interesting than the dialogue so far

April 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Nice to see that Griffin is back on the radio. He’s been off TSNR for a while.

Ami Angelwings
April 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Is it true that Griffin is de-facto banned from the FAN590? (i.e. not officially, or contractually, but that they don’t ask him on anymore and he’s effectively a TSN guest)

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
April 30, 2012 11:30 pm

On TSN, Hogan just played a post game interview with the Jays’ Kelly Johnson and the media. One of the questions: “Was it hard to concentrate against Darvish because he’s Japanese?” Sweet Jeebus!
Johnson answered, “What do you mean by that?” I was laughing too much and didn’t hear the reporter backtracking.

alex
alex
May 1, 2012 12:44 am

I thought someone here last year said that Griffin had a deal to be a TSN exclusive, along with people like Brian Cooper and all the ESPN people (Shulman, Lester Munson, …).

Ami Angelwings
May 1, 2012 4:48 am

Why would it be difficult to concentrate against Darvish because he’s Japanese? -_o

Is this an East Asian superpower I never noticed? o: Maybe I can use it to my advantage!

Ami Angelwings
May 1, 2012 5:15 am

Ooh… Mike Wilner just (I’m listening to the Jays Talk podcast now) corrected a caller who referred to his his daughter and wife who weren’t interested in baseball being interested in Darvish as “he transcends gender”. Wilner said that that means Darvish transcends lack of baseball interest, not gender.

You can imagine that made me really happy. 😀

Roger
Roger
May 1, 2012 9:19 am

I hope for Texas Ranger fans there’s more substance than hype to Darvish than the Jeremy Lin craze.

Ami Angelwings
May 1, 2012 4:12 pm

Other than being East Asian, there’s nothing similar about them.

May 2, 2012 2:27 pm

Wilner corrected a caller?……………….I find that hard to believe

In related news, I am a big fan of sarcasm