Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

By Rob Gregg

Thanks to TSM for helping out with the afternoon lineups while on some R’n’R in the tropics where the sun was hot and the beer was cold.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with guest host Jeff Blair. John Shannon co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Phones
520 – Jim Duquette, MLB Network
540 – David Shoalts, Globe & Mail
600 – Jim Hughson, HNIC
620 – Joe DeLamielleure, former Bills OL
640 – Jerry Colangelo, USA Basketball

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

4:00 – Dave Feschuk & Dave Naylor until 5pm

5:15 – Bob McKenzie

5:30 – Fred Jackson, Buffalo Bills RB

6:00 – Craig Button

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Andy Garcia and Eva Longoria, Actor and Actress
Steve Buffery and Dave Feschuk, Toronto sports columnists
Steve Ludzik, Former NHL Coach

Tonight on Sportsline:

Are the LA Kings destined to be crowned Stanley Cup champions? Do the Blue Jays need to move Bautista & Lind out of the 3 & 4 spot in the batting order? What is wrong with the Chicago Bulls and is John Tortorella’s attitude wearing thin? Join Mark & Bubba for this plus the Hebsys tonight at 7, on CHCH.

Sam
Sam
May 7, 2012 5:44 pm

I’d like to see them try Marek as a fill-in for McCown.

itchy butt
itchy butt
May 7, 2012 5:59 pm

Darren
Darren
May 7, 2012 7:10 pm

Wouldn’t matter who Hosted this week, with Shanhon there all 5 days it’s ‘flipping’ time.

Ami Angelwings
May 7, 2012 9:03 pm

I was on the road today during the 5-7 hours and I flipped to TSN for almost the whole time except for the Joe DeLamielleure segment. It’s nice to have an alternative, and Blair + Shannon makes my ears bleed. Not necessarily what they talk about, but their voices are 2 of the hardest voices for me to listen to (and the way they talk) and together I really get a headache. :\

Ami Angelwings
May 7, 2012 9:18 pm

@Itchy Butt they brought Grange in with fanfare too, and he’s vanished from radio more or less also :\

Ami Angelwings
May 7, 2012 9:22 pm

I’ve been wondering about Blair being the #1 replacement for Bob when he’s away… is there a reason for it? Like do ratings dip considerably for anybody other than Blair? Because it seems awkward that whenever Bob is on vacation, you move Blair off his show, and then put Sammut or whoever in his spot. Is it just damage control? Like the drop off between Blair and Sammut in the morning isn’t that bad, and the drop off between Bob and Blair in the evening is better than the drop off if it’s somebody other than Blair? Or do they just think none of their other options can interview as well as Blair?

Ami Angelwings
May 7, 2012 9:32 pm

If I remember correctly, back when Brady still had the slot before Bob, when Bob went away, Blair would fill in for Bob, then Brady would fill in for Blair, and Roger Lajoie or somebody would fill in for Brady.

Now we have Blair moving to PTS, Sammut moving to the Jeff Blair show, and Lajoie filling in for Sammut on Sportsnet Tonight (which, at least is less important than the 1-4 time slot, especially during the baseball season.) But I still wonder, is it because the math works out that having 3 shows without it’s regular host is still better than not having Blair on PTS because the audience drop off there would be that bad?

alex
alex
May 7, 2012 10:10 pm

I don’t know if I would consider Marek’s visibility low. He hosts a daily podcast (which I believe is near the top for downloads in Canada) and he hosts Hockey Central seemingly every night (from what he says, can’t see it here). And he does hits with everyone seemingly but Bob during the other day parts.

I assume Blair has Bob’s blessing to host the show in his absence, since are from the same demographic (crotchety old white guy). Thankfully, we don’t have to deal often with the spectre of Shannon or Cox as fill-in host.

May 7, 2012 10:42 pm

if this deal to keep the Coyotes in PHX goes through, is that another swing and miss for Mr. McCown? He has been talking about the Quebec deal as being done (in the Bruntian sense) and waiting to be announced until after the playoffs.

May 7, 2012 10:44 pm

Hey Ami…………..you should be happy that Blair fills in for McCown………….it might be the only way your boy Wilner ever appears on PTS again

Roger
Roger
May 8, 2012 8:53 am

Why did Marek get brought in with such fanfare but barely seems visible? I expected more exposure from him.”

He sucks, that’s why. He never shuts up and doesn’t offer any insight.