Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

8:15am Peter Berg
8:30am Paul Calvisi

Photo available here

Poker Guy
Poker Guy
May 14, 2012 11:25 am

Too bad there’s no tennis this week. Dumb & Dumber were back on SN1 this morning 6-9

Alex
May 14, 2012 11:47 am

Did Rogers show the Barcelona Open with the blue clay last week?

Another Steve
Another Steve
May 14, 2012 12:03 pm

It was actually the Madrid Open, and RSN did show it. There should be a lot of tennis this week – the Rome Masters, which is the final tune-up before the French Open.

I get that a lot of people don’t like tennis, but it’s summer now and these are important tournaments on the tennis calendar (the equivalent of the Rogers cup).

For my part, even though I like hockey, I would much rather watch a clay-court slug-fest beween Nadal and Djokovic (or Federer) than to see some “good old Kingston boys” block some shots in their 15 minutes of ice-time. Late May is just not the time for hockey – to me, at any rate.

Poker Guy
Poker Guy
May 14, 2012 12:26 pm

@Alex It was Madrid last week. Rome this week. Coverage starts at 10AM. HOWEVER, it means B&L are back on TV..
I for one, am grateful to SN for showing tennis. I am a tennis fan, and enjoy seeing the Masters series events, as well as the Grand Slams that TSN airs.

Alex
May 14, 2012 12:53 pm

My Mad. I thought when I was listening to BBC 5 Live last week, when all the players were complaining about the blue clay, they said they were in Barca.

Blair did indeed have a footy guest, a guy from the AP, with whom I was unfamiliar. I was hoping for an appearance by the always entertaining Barry Glendenning from the Guardian.

(Another) Andrew
(Another) Andrew
May 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Late May is just not the time for hockey – to me, at any rate.

This happens to me every year. I watch the playoffs religiously for the first two rounds then find myself losing interest. I don’t know if it is the weather or the loss of momentum with not as many games on as teams get eliminated or maybe even burnout from watching two games a night for a month or so.

I agree that Rogers SN deserves credit for showing not just the Masters but a lot of 500 and 250 events that until last year we never got to see.

Ami Angelwings
May 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Once the long cold nights are over, and it’s warm and sunny for most of the day and etc, my interest in hockey (and basketball honestly) vanishes… I’ll pay attn via news sites, but I just stop feeling like I really want to spend my nights curled up on a sofa watching a hockey game.

Darrell
Darrell
May 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Brady & Lang are Dumber & Dumber? LOL! Say it isn’t so. LOL – I actually like Jim Lang but Greg Brady is a bore…

Caught him talking to Ken Rosenthal this morning and just for the life of me wish that he would STOP talking Detroit sports on a Toronto radio station. Nobody cares about whether Dave Dombrowski would fire Jim Leyland if the Tigers don’t make the playoffs.