Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

By Rob Gregg

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown:

400 – Phones
500 – Roundtable with Stephen Brunt, Michael Grange, and John Shannon

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybuski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

TBA

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Jamie McLennan and Craig Button, TSN NHL Analysts
Brian Windhorst, ESPN NBA Writer for Heat Index

Tonight on Sportsline:

Have the Miami Heat become totally unglued in their series against the Pacers after Dwyane Wade’s tirade at his Head Coach? Does a 1 PM start time for game 3 between the Rangers and Devils help or hurt the NHL? The Blue Jays discuss their feelings about interleague play and why are the Saints struggling to sign quarterback Drew Brees? Join Hebsy & Bubbs tonight at 7, on CHCH.

Ami Angelwings
May 19, 2012 1:14 am

Bob, Brunt and Grange on the roundtable together! I knew those pictures I had of Keith Pelley would pay off! Unfortunately, Shannon had more pictures. 🙁

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
May 19, 2012 11:21 am

Wish Brunt would move to Newfoundland permanently. Would that Don Kollins replace him with Steph from the Hayes show – the best voice on radio.

Sid Seixeiro did a nice job without Tim this week(a portent of a solo career?)
Martin Tyler and Damian Marley on the same show – nice. Sid actually knows his soccer. There is no generic outlook and pints and pubs nonsense of Brunt.

Here’s a link to copy & paste for those who think athletes and managers are bad interviews:

Tim and Sid, Live Audio Wrestling, Mike Francesa and the BBC are all you need.
Hope Tim does a Footy Show type of program for Euro 2012.

Mike
Mike
May 19, 2012 5:36 pm

@Kamlesh

agree with you re Tim & Sid, and The LAW … they are awesome… did you see the right up SLAM! sports did on the crew from The LAW: Live Audio Wrestling last week…. its the 15th Anniversary next week… to think JEFF MAREK got his start on the show!!! Speaking of MAREK why isn’t he on more regularly on the PTS Roundtable…. Shannon as we all know from these postings adds no insight and talks over everyone else…. anyone wanna take bets before he and Bob have a falling out over something?????

Did anyone else hear the interview Jeff Blair did yesterday with JP Ricciardi now Special Assistant to the GM of the New York Mets… interesting piece…

enjoy the long weekend everyone!!!!

Another Steve
Another Steve
May 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Slight correction: I think you mean “and Live Audio Wrestling are all ‘I’ need.”

Glad to hear that you enjoy it – but I am certain that I can do without it.

Ami Angelwings
May 19, 2012 8:21 pm

@Kamlesh what do you dislike about Stephen Brunt? o:

Mike
Mike
May 19, 2012 9:17 pm

So they couldn’t dedicate a 20 minute segment on the PTS roundtable to the biggest yearly sporting event in the world – the Champions League final, but there was 40 minutes available to talk about Phoenix/Florida/Quebec/relocation for the 243rd time?

PTS sure loves to flog a dead horse.

dsscpu
dsscpu
May 19, 2012 10:29 pm

I’ll second ‘The Law’ and maybe they are someone TSM can have since they have seemed to stick around for so long. As for Brunt, I enjoy him.

As for today’s discussion about the Coyotes, to sum it up, basically the owner of Boston Pizza was going to invest X amount and now he has pulled out of the deal?

Ami Angelwings
May 19, 2012 11:33 pm

I enjoyed the discussions about Phoenix and the business side of the NHL. 🙂 I generally enjoy anything where the people talking clearly are interested in talking about it. I’m not a fan of horse racing, but listening to Bob talk about it makes me interested because it’s clearly something he is knowledgeable about and wants to talk about. Same with Cox and Tennis, and I don’t even like Cox.

If they talked about Champions League, it would just be Brunt talking. Even if the others didn’t tune out, do you really want to hear Shannon pretend to understand soccer? He didn’t even get that Miller called the strike of Lawrie to teach him a lesson for running on (what Miller called) as Strike 2.

alex
alex
May 19, 2012 11:50 pm

I’d generally rather there be no futbol talk on PTS than listen to Bob’s disparaging comments for 12 minutes.

The segment the other day with Brunt giving him the Spurs scarf was a rare exception, since it was more about the Bob/Brunt friendship than actually discussing Man City’s title win or the Championsl League.

I would be interested to hear a Brunt/Blair/Sid futbol segment, possibly with Nigel Reed as the fourth person.

Ami Angelwings
May 20, 2012 3:03 am

That one was SO CUTE!

Bob and Brunt need to stop making it so easy for me to slash them. XD

And Bob singing…. AWWWWW <3

That was a total Ami segment. 😀

Ami Angelwings
May 20, 2012 1:47 pm

When did Wilner start believing that bad calls don’t even themselves out over a season? o_O

Darrell
Darrell
May 20, 2012 2:46 pm

@ Ami above – don’t get me started again on Wilner!!! LOL!

Side note – what do you guys think about the Score more or less turning into a wrestling station from a sports station? I am not a wrestling fan anymore (was as a kid) but I totally think Renee Paquette should get off of the Score and go to TSN or Sportsnet and become of their family. I know I’d listen to her more than any of the guys who currently do Sportsnet Connected.

Ami Angelwings
May 20, 2012 3:05 pm

It’s okay if you want to talk about Wilner Darrell. I like talking about Jays Talk even if the person I’m talking w/ doesn’t share my opinion. 🙂

In this case, I really am wondering when he changed his mind, and if he really has, or if this is a case of him merely taking a contrary opinion that is “balanced” in order to make a fan’s statements seem extreme or ill thought out.

I don’t watch wrestling any more, but I guess some station in Canada has to show wrestling… I do wonder what the future of The Score is though…

Mike V
Mike V
May 20, 2012 3:11 pm

The Score’s future is the same as the last 3 years. Don’t bother to try anymore, cut costs as much as possible and just rake in the subscriber fees every month because for some inane reason the channel still has a good spot in most TV packages.

Darrell
Darrell
May 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks Ami.

You take away Renee Paquette from the Score – there isn’t much sports knowledgable people there at the Score.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
May 20, 2012 7:06 pm

James Sharman is by far the best on soccer in the Toronto media. I wonder why theFan or TSN haven’t scooped him up. Perhaps the accent is too much for some people. Sharman and Luke Wileman could do a nice “The Law” type show on soccer.

I prefer the Score’s website to TSN or Sportsnet. It is just laid out better and is easier on the eyes, especially compared with the Tsn approach to throw everything but the kitchen sink on their site.

Darrell
Darrell
May 20, 2012 7:44 pm

No word of a lie – I am friends with Luke Wileman’s wife and I’d love to see him go places and upward in the sports world.

I agree on James Sharman. Greg Sansone rubs me the wrong way too – but can’t think of what specifically it is?