Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

720 Eric Francis
740 Jon Wertheim
800 Jon Morosi
840 Mario Williams

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

TBA

Photo from here

Poker Guy
Poker Guy
May 29, 2012 10:48 am

Looks like Joey V is filling in for Blair this week. Too bad they can’t slot Joey as the morning man to replace those two light bulbs in the morning.

NanYoung Lee
NanYoung Lee
May 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Nice interview by Joey V. with Alan Thicke. Although I wouldn’t call his role in Growing Pains “iconic” as JV did.

But Thicke’s recent radio commercial were great:

“As Canadians we like to honour our debts, but everybody has to compromise sometimes…..”

I’m going to check the web for “Pardon My Misconduct Last Night”.

dsscpu
dsscpu
May 29, 2012 1:53 pm

I admit I am not listening to Joey V, but a quick look at who his guests are and it seems to be pretty solid.

As a side, anyone notice the error in Dowboggin’s article today? “Rogers continues to assemble a national network using it CITY stations. It recently completed purchase of Saskatchewan TV, CJMT in Montreal and stations in the interior of British Columbia.” – http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/bruce-dowbiggin/sportsnet-revs-up-by-adding-indy-coverage/article2446078/

He says CJMT, which is actually OMNI.2 Toronto. What he meant to say was CJNT, which is Metro 12 Montreal. Yes I know its a small typo but a huge difference for a guy who is writing about the media.

Alex
May 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Little errors like that will only continue as copy desks are eliminated by budget cuts, like what happened yesterday with the Post Media papers.

May 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Joey Vendetta isn’t my thing. It’s impressive that he knows so many NHL guys, but I’m just not all that interview with a random NHL player in the summer (which seems to be his thing). Could be worse I guess, but I wouldn’t tune in if he got a full time show someday.

Darrell
Darrell
May 29, 2012 4:44 pm

I am luke warm on Vendetta. He is not great, but isn’t bad either. It’s cool and awesome that he knows all these hockey stars – but it is just a tad too puck heavy for late May/early June. Listening this week and whenever he has been on – I feel like it is 20 below zero and looking for the blanket to stay warm while cozying up by the fireplace.