Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

8:00 Darren Dreger & James Mirtle
8:30 Aaron Ward

photo from here

itchy butt
itchy butt
May 30, 2012 6:33 am

Hey the Leafs signed Shlobo Dobovitz! Who else is excited!!!!?????

Poker Guy
Poker Guy
May 30, 2012 10:23 am

Funny thing. TSN has live coverage of French Open tennis, right? So, why isn’t TSNR, when they do their updates, are they not including the scores? I just heard Bastle’s 10AM update (which was at 10:02 BTW) and he had Stanley Cup, and Blue Jays, but no updates from the French Open. Down at 590, Farwell had it on his 10AM update, and they’re not even covering it on SN. So why can’t TSNR? You’d think if you are covering it live on television, you could update it on your rado station, and promote it. I guess TSNR doesn’t care.

May 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Is this one of the least buzzworthy Stanley Cups in recent memory (at least in Canada)?

I heard a bit of HC at noon, and they were going on about how it’s captured the country’s interest. Really?

The NHL season should really be over well before June.

(Another) Andrew
(Another) Andrew
May 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Blair made the point on PTS yesterday that the gap between games dampens enthusiasm. It’s been nearly a week and Game 2 isn’t on until Saturday! Only MLB of the “big four” North American leagues is on my mind of late otherwise I’m focused on tennis and soccer. I’ll probably watch some of the Stanley Cup but – like last year once the weather got good – I doubt I’ll spend much time on it.

Bora
Bora
May 30, 2012 4:10 pm

It was painful to listen to Andi Petrillo on the Sid Sixsolo show today. Hopefully she never gets invited back. Speaking of painful so was the call in segment on Blair when someone named Peter called.

May 30, 2012 5:13 pm

I’m pretty sure the NHL season goes longer than any other, correct?

NHL: 6 month reg season, 2 month playoffs: 8 total (Oct – June)
NBA: 5 mo reg season , 2 month playoffs: 7 total (Nov – June)
MLB: 6 month reg season, 1 month playoff : 7 total (April – Oct)
NFL: 4 mo reg season, 1+ mo playoffs: 5+ months (Sept – Jan/Feb)

Imagine the NHL had a 7 month full season like MLB and NBA, and the finals were the beginning of May? That’d be perfect I think.

alex
alex
May 30, 2012 10:59 pm

The NBA often starts around Hallowe’en, so you could make it October.

On MvsW today, Shannon said that people would love to have the Cup Final in May, but if the NHL wants it on network TV in the US, it has to be in June, as to not hurt May Sweeps for NBC.

Ami Angelwings
May 31, 2012 3:58 am

I think the NHL should start in Sept and end in April (pull it back a month and take out the delays that push hockey into June currently)… it makes more sense to have training camps in August than playing hockey in June… or even May…

Alex
May 31, 2012 12:14 pm

I think a couple years ago, the NBA finals were so late in the calender that they ended playing in all four seasons.