Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

By Rob Gregg

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with guest host Jeff Blair. John Shannon co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Phones
500 – Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports
520 – John Farrell, Jays skipper
600 – Glenn Healy, HNIC
620 – Ken Daniels, Detroit Red Wings pbp announcer

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski.

Ricky Romero, Blue Jays Pitcher
Dwane Casey, Raptors Head Coach
From the Cup, Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, & Jonas Siegel
Todd Fuhrman, Las Vegas Oddsmaker

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Mike Modano and Jamie Langenbrunner
Igor Larionov
Gary Payton

Tonight on Sportsline:

TBA

May 30, 2012 5:21 pm

I’m not trying to mindlessly dump on Shannon, but I’m already cringing at the uninformed questions I’m assuming he’s going to ask Rosenthal, Farrell and Tinish.

I mean, the guy is fine as a hockey/media analyst. Sometimes offers a very interesting perspective on that stuff. But with all due respect, he offers no value as cohost of a show that looks like it’s going to talk about 70% baseball tonight.

May 30, 2012 5:33 pm

just listened to the Amaechi interview from a little while ago … Amaechi is talking about how host cities for the olympics have a responsibility to make good use of the facilities after the games end. Shannon interrupts to say “we’ve all covered games and seen fully packed stadiums but the IOC sections are empty …”

WTF? This had nothing to do with anything at all … it was just Shannon spouting off some nonsense trying to keep up with a smart guest. So embarrassing for all involved.

Alex
Alex
May 30, 2012 6:01 pm

I like it when guests know the name of the host(s), but rosenthal seemingly does it after every question and, for me, seems kind of phony.

I didnt hear it until this morning, but great segment with jon amache.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
May 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Good BBC documentary on an ugly aspect of Euro 2012 host cities.

dsscpu
dsscpu
May 31, 2012 12:59 am

Gotta say, always love hearing Ken Daniels back on Toronto radio… wish CJCL or CHUM would make more use of him.

Ami Angelwings
May 31, 2012 1:39 am

@Mike (In Boston) I wondered that too! I was so confused, I thought I missed some context.

Roger
Roger
May 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Shannon’s biggest problem is that he can’t keep his trap shut. On round tables, its unbearable. The opposite is true of Brunt – only chimes in when spoken to.

dennes7
dennes7
May 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Shhhhhhannnon, is probably upset that the Bobcat didn’t ask him to host….”cause you know Bob…” The Shannon knows all……

Shannon reminds of that kid that just read the encyclopedia and then blurts out all the facts he memorized so that he’ll be teacher’s pet. …..Oh Shannon, we used to make fun of you in school, and apparently nothing’s changed…..

Alex
May 31, 2012 5:18 pm

oddly, I think Shannon has been good the two times he has been on MVSW with Marek when Wyshsynski is out.

Usually, lots of history and TV talk, so it plays to his strengths.

Ami Angelwings
June 1, 2012 7:13 am

I think when Shannon is out of his element he feels like he needs to make himself relevant and he tends to say something that ends up making it very obvious that he’s not in his element :\