Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

8:15 Richard Verlander
8:30 Gareth Wheeler

photo from here

itchy butt
itchy butt
June 13, 2012 6:56 am

Wow, no Brady and the drive in was a lot less stressful. Now I realize Lange doesn’t bother me as much when that tool isn’t there.

Any opinions on Jose Cruz Jr filling in for Zaun? Tough act to follow. Zaun has become an excellent broadcaster. Cruz Jr needs some polish.

dsscpu
dsscpu
June 13, 2012 7:33 am

Maybe it’s because I didn’t grow-up with it, but all this hype for the new Dallas… I just don’t get it…

Mike
Mike
June 13, 2012 7:35 am

Farwell is doing a awesome job with Jim Lang. Good chemistry. Mike Farwell is good as the back up host/anchor for the morning show.

Jose Cruz is decent but not in the same league as Gregg Zaun. But in time he will be better.

Anyone else really want Alan Ashby to do the TV side with Buck Martinez full time? He’s a huge upgrade over Pat Tablet. Just my opinion

itchy butt
itchy butt
June 13, 2012 8:37 am

New Dallas? New Dallas what?

Raptors Devotee
Raptors Devotee
June 13, 2012 11:50 am

I can’t believe how much I enjoyed the morning show without Lang there and with Farwell replacing him. Usually I have to flip away as I can’t take the testosterone by Brady in the morning, the man just doesn’t shut up. Lang was much more relaxed with Farwell and as Itchy Butt pointed out, they do have great chemistry together.

Poker Guy
Poker Guy
June 13, 2012 11:50 am

Aaahh, A day w/o Brady. Lucky FAN listeners.
@Itchy: Cruz was stiff, but did ok. Certainly has the look for television.
@Mike: Farwell is a good broadcaster. Has a smooth delivery, and seems knowledgeable, not so arrogant as Blowhole.
The return of JR Ewing tonight? Say it aint so!!

Becks
Becks
June 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Yes a much better moring it was listening to the FAN590 with the absence of the ultra annoying Greg Brady. When will Sam & Ted be moved to the mornings?

Pat Tabler is almost as bad that Leafs homer color tool Greg Millen. Both of them will not shut up about over rating the Jays & Leafs i don’t know how many times i’ve heard the 2 of them pump up a player only to have said player fail in the game. Cast my vote for both Tabler & Millen being replaced.

Cruz is awful not even close to being in Zaun’s league.

dsscpu
dsscpu
June 13, 2012 3:37 pm

New Dallas = Another relaunch of an old TV show later tonight… thats why TSM put the old Dallas photo on the front…

Anyone see todays Fan 590 survey. Do you want more soccer coverage including live games from the EPL? Also, what time should the morning show start… hmmm… If they want to put radio coverage on the web, go ahead, but I don’t want to hear it during my drive, that will just force me to listen to TSN 1050 or something else…

dsscpu
dsscpu
June 13, 2012 3:41 pm

@yyzsportsmedia, Kypreo’s said on PTS that Doug MacLean’s contract is also up… Would TSN take a run at either guy?

itchy butt
itchy butt
June 14, 2012 6:53 am

LOL, sorry,.I am so out of the TV loop. Jeez, what’s next, a relaunch of Maude?