Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

By Rob Gregg

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Damien Cox co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Ian Leggat, Sportsnet golf analyst
500 – Mike Sunnucks, Phoenix Business Journal
520 – Rob Becker, legal analyst
600 – Glenn Healy, HNIC
620 – Paul Jones, Sportsnet 590 Raptors pbp voice

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski.

TBA

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Larry King, Legendary Broadcaster
Metta World Peace, LA Lakers Forward
Mitch Williams, MLB Analyst

Tonight on Sportsline:

After dropping 6 of 7 and losing a second starting pitcher, are the Blue Jays officially out of contention in the AL East? Who has a tougher job—a jockey in thoroughbred or a driver in harness racing? Kevin Durant out plays Lebron James in the 4th quarter of the NBA Finals and why is GM Brian Burke reacting to trade rumors about the Maple Leafs? Join Bubba & Scott Radley tonight at 7, on CHCH!

Darren
Darren
June 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Gotta get me one of those shirts Damian is wearing today.

Another Steve
Another Steve
June 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Bob just had a great line on the CFL, on refusing to talk about it: “they have their radio station.”

alex
alex
June 13, 2012 7:04 pm

I wondered what league they meant when talking about putting an entire league in the black book.

Sam
Sam
June 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Hey, whatever it takes to get rid of the CFL on Prime Time!

Sam
Sam
June 13, 2012 7:25 pm
(Another) Andrew
(Another) Andrew
June 13, 2012 8:03 pm

I see Euro 2012 is getting twice, triple, and even quadruple the ratings of the NBA playoffs. I remember when we used to get more regular ratings numbers (Zelkovich) even morning (10am) EPL was as popular as NBA as were other sports like tennis and most car racing. But you’d never know it listening to The Fan. They seem to take all their cues from the corporate American sports media. I get the coverage of baseball and NFL as the Canadian viewing numbers justify it, but NBA? I also notice that when anyone on the Fan talks about the NBA pop celebrities are constantly discussed – they seem to be interconnected in the US. Every personality at The Fan is so obsessed with American pop culture that I have concluded that it is an actual job requirement and that that might even explain their fascination with the NBA. (Note The Fan gave the NBA disproportionate before becoming part owners so it is not a cross promotional thing).

Gotta get me one of those shirts Damian is wearing today.

I caught a glimpse of it. I thought it looked like the red tennis shirt Milos Raonic usually wears.

Darren
Darren
June 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Other then TSN having the rights to both tv and radio what else happened with it and Bob? He used to have their comish on quite often, along with Barker? Is it as simple as they have no interests in it therefore no talk anymore?

alex
alex
June 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Bob also seemed to drop … That lineman guy whose name i.dont remember… The one who went to play in the euro tournament …

He seemed like a regular rotation guy and then disappeared.

Darren
Darren
June 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Adriano Belli

dsscpu
dsscpu
June 14, 2012 6:48 am

I had to turn it off when Leggat was back for a second segment… I wish the two didn’t waste so much time…

itchy butt
itchy butt
June 14, 2012 6:56 am

DSSCPU: I didn’t even give the first segment a chance. If I wanna hear two guys talking golf on deck chairs in the yard I’ll visit my neighbour. FOB!